Polaris $750

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
$750 is a good price point. Think of it as half-wing Vanguard, and an Idris as 2 wings or 1 squadron Vanguard. If this is fast, has lots of scan and other utility, and at least 4 S5 turrets, it will be a good buy. If it putters around at the speed of a Tally, then it will not be useful. 5 S6 turrets and the speed of a Vanguard and I say deploy them in pairs and fly them all over the 'verse. I'll take mine from The Outsiders. No point in paying for what they want to give to us.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Just to muck up this thread with a hint of seriousness, one of the ways we could optimize our play time through participation in an org, would be if that org provided a way for players to do joint ownership of the larger ships. There are probably quite a few players who would love to own a ship like a 'Vette, but they are too spendy for them. Yet for 6 players who are all planning to play during the same time, this would be a doable purchase. If for the cost of a Hornet you could be 1/6 owner of a Corvette that you know has five other players committed to crew, and who intend to be online during the time you are online, that could be the basis of an extremely effective team over time. One ship like that, that gains a reputation for its effectiveness in the 'verse, is the thing legends are made of.

Honestly its the thing I want most in game--to find a small group of guys and gals who want to be the makers of galactic news, and the 'Vette is really the ship to make news in.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Just to muck up this thread with a hint of seriousness, one of the ways we could optimize our play time through participation in an org, would be if that org provided a way for players to do joint ownership of the larger ships. There are probably quite a few players who would love to own a ship like a 'Vette, but they are too spendy for them. Yet for 6 players who are all planning to play during the same time, this would be a doable purchase. If for the cost of a Hornet you could be 1/6 owner of a Corvette that you know has five other players committed to crew, and who intend to be online during the time you are online, that could be the basis of an extremely effective team over time. One ship like that, that gains a reputation for its effectiveness in the 'verse, is the thing legends are made of.

Honestly its the thing I want most in game--to find a small group of guys and gals who want to be the makers of galactic news, and the 'Vette is really the ship to make news in.
Well, there's no way to do that, but you can totally find 5 buddies and split the cost.
I don't really see how a system could manage multiple ownership in game.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't really see how a system could manage multiple ownership in game.
If each of the players were to send their cash to Montoya, instead of one of themselves, I think we could be assured Montoya would purchase the ship with the funds. The ship might stay in the name of TEST, but it could be permanently assigned to the owners. The only trouble I see is if there is a permissions authorization needed by the owners, say to gain entry to any given ship; then the owners would have to have Montoya grant permissions which could end up being a regular thing, and that could become an annoying duty. I don't know how the permissions work at present. If you can assign the ability to assign, then it would not be an issue.

I don't expect to need this kind of thing. I'll be able to buy whatever I plan to fly, but I suspect there are many who would want a piece of ownership in the larger ships, and we will face this issue when we are liberating ships as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
If each of the players were to send their cash to Montoya, instead of one of themselves, I think we could be assured Montoya would purchase the ship with the funds. The ship might stay in the name of TEST, but it could be permanently assigned to the owners. The only trouble I see is if there is a permissions authorization needed by the owners, say to gain entry to any given ship; then the owners would have to have Montoya grant permissions which could end up being a regular thing, and that could become a annoying duty. I don't know how the permissions work at present. If you can assign the ability to assign, then it would not be an issue.

I don't expect to need this kind of thing. I'll be able to buy whatever I plan to fly, but I suspect there are may who would want a piece of ownership in the larger ships, and we will face this issue when we are liberating ships as well.
Yes, but say 2 people buy a ship. One of the owners spawns the ship and flies to planet x. Another owner logs in on planet y and wants to spawn the same ship. What happens?
Say one of the owners flies the ship into the sun and logs out for the day. The second owner logs in and has a cooldown / high price to pay to respawn the ship.
My opinion is you can't have an automated system of ship-sharing, but a bunch of friends could figure out stuff between them. If you have Montoya, the sole authority that manages organization-funded ships at this time, manage 50 ships that 50x5 friends bought, he'll have a hard time doing it.
$0.02

Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?