Poll: Sell the Org Redeemer and put it towards the Polaris?

Melt Redeemer, put it towards Polaris?

• Melt that shit!

Votes: 99 91.7%
  • Keep the glorious hair straightener!

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Redeemer is no longer anything special. For troop transport you have the Retaliator dropship,Vanguard Hoplite,Redeemer and even can use a Argo if you're brave enough ( Also you have ships like the Cutlass).
I don't think anyone is going top use the Argo in a combat situation, and the Tally looks like it is going to be too slow to be useful for most of the tasks it was designed for. It also has way too little hull and shields for a combat ship that large and sluggish-it will just be a target. The choice between Redeemer and Hoplite appears is mostly based upon the Redeemer should be faster in vacuum and has a docking collar, while the Hoplite should be more maneuverable in atmosphere and harder to obtain. Th Redeemer should be faster than most ships, including faster than most fighters.

I think the Redeemer is still a very special and powerful ship, and if you divide her DPS by the number of players needed to crew her efficiently, I think you'll get a good number to compare her to other combat ships. You also need to factor in other functionality, but the Redeemer is still a special ship.

NoTick

Commander
Sep 30, 2016
RSI Handle
NoTick
Well, if it helps any... I own a redeemer - so it's not like we'll be without one.

Space Whale is kind of my thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: hardroc77 and Rolo

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
How can we have gotten this far and not had the standard TEST rejoinder....

Why not both?

Retain the Redeemer and add a Polaris (I might be willing to pony a little for naming rights). 9,000 members ought to be able to scrape together a Polaris (or 20).

'Gimp

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I'm probably in the minority, but I say keep the redeemer. The TESTies have always come through on fundraising drives for stuff, and I have no doubt we'd do the same again.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Voted for melting, reasons:

1. Personally, I do not like the Redeemer much, as it's sort of a specialized Ship that doesn't excel in it's specialization.

2. We know "larger Ships" are going to be harder to obtain relative to their price in $, meaning if a Redeemer for 250$ would cost 250.000UEC, a Polaris for 750$ would cost way more than 750.000UEC.

3. Frankly, I expect the Redeemer to be a Ship you'll se at every corner and I'm reasonably sure we have plenty of those in the ORG.

4. Even if the Redeemer would turn out to be a really awesome Ship by getting buffed all over and we would somehow end up with a shortage of them, I'm reasonably sure we could get our hands on plenty of those on short notice, be it by people CCUing their Connies etc. or simply via UEC later on.

5. Having a Polaris early on would allow us to evaluate it properly, meaning if it's a really great Ship, we could set a goal towards getting multiple ones.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Reasons to keep the Redeemer:

- It has a coffee maker machine.

Reasons to melt it for the Polaris:

- Moar gunz plz.

The Redeemer brings the coffee. The Polaris brings the pain.

Although a coffee maker would probably give the drop-troops +20% stamina by hyping them off their tits on caffeine, that 'aint going to do much in the face of an armada bent on destroying our home base from orbit.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Hey Glowing Leader, have you bought that damn polaris - thats not on sale yet - yet?
And I just got this picture of Chris Roberts in the driver's seat of a huge van crammed full of backers; all of them asking "Is it on sale yet?" "Is it on sale yet?"

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And I just got this picture of Chris Roberts in the driver's seat of a huge van crammed full of backers; all of them asking "Is it on sale yet?" "Is it on sale yet?"
Hahaha, it paints a picture, thats for sure. We are an addicted bunch.

FYI, @Montoya, if you start a fund drive for the Corvette, I'll pitch. I don't think I can justify melting half my fleet for one (yet. weekend drunkeness may change my mind) but I'd certainly love to crew on one!

Forgot your password?