Prowler. Wow!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Yeah, letting go of mine was difficult, but restarting was VERY refreshing.
Part of me wants to just get rid of it all and start with an Aurora, but that would only be fun for a bit before I realize I'd have an insane grind! I know theres people doing it, but I just dont have the time or patience.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
That's what my alt account is for.
I'm leaning more and more towards having an alt account with nothing really on it. I can use it for legal things and also do rescues myself if no one is around to save me. Might try two boxing in a Mole or some other ship as well. Might be handier than having a second game package on my main account for an NPC.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm leaning more and more towards having an alt account with nothing really on it. I can use it for legal things and also do rescues myself if no one is around to save me. Might try two boxing in a Mole or some other ship as well. Might be handier than having a second game package on my main account for an NPC.
Exactly. I'll have a couple basic ships on the other account. Maybe an aurora and a penguin.

Reactions: Shiwaz

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I found this in the concept ship area from 2014 -

When a ship’s concept gets ‘final approval’ from Chris, we plan to offer it as a one-week concept-only sale. After that week ends, the ship will not be available for sale until it is ready for use in the Hangar. In addition, we are going to offer several extras available only during the concept period:

• The Lowest Price – backing earlier helps the production process the most, so it stands to reason that early backers should get the lowest price for their ships. Future Hangar-ready and flight-ready sales will increase the cost of a ship hull slightly.
I don't know about you but a 300$ price hike on a 600$ ship is not SLIGHT. Nor is a 175$ on a 325$ ship SLIGHT. Again I do not have issues with fair price hikes but when its half the concept ships original price that is not SLIGHT.

Its all good though, we can agree to disagree :)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
This is why I've kept a small fleet (Carrack / Sentinel / Merc Starrunner / Cutty Blue). I don't NEED a big fleet. All you beautiful bastards have all the ships I could ever need. I'm just gunna come crew on them.

Good to know. I wish I'd gotten a couple more of those packs into my buybacks before the price hike. C'est la vie.

Lol, yeah man, For that price I can get a Redeemer and a Corsair - almost.
You always have free access to my hangar and the ships parked with in. Just try not to drain the beer fridge completely.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I am really leaning on grabbing the Nautilus again and having this be my main and primary ship, if they can add enough missions to keep it sustainable and enjoyable, I really like niche type play and something like this really interests me.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You always have free access to my hangar and the ships parked with in. Just try not to drain the beer fridge completely.
I'll BYOB, I promise! Haha. And thank you. I appreciate it. I imagine there will be plenty of team play happening, and I'm honestly looking forward to that. Immensely.
I am really leaning on grabbing the Nautilus again and having this be my main and primary ship, if they can add enough missions to keep it sustainable and enjoyable, I really like niche type play and something like this really interests me.
Ya know, that damn ship has been growing on me too. And that drives me nuts, haha.

Reactions: Bambooza

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Ya know, that damn ship has been growing on me too. And that drives me nuts, haha.
I just don't get it. The mines don't seem all that useful. They said the turret one would be like two S2 guns. That won't take out much more than a starter ship.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The turret is currently 2 S3 guns, but the original call out was for an S6 mount, which I believe ought to be able to hold a pair of S4 in a turret. Maybe the nerfed it?

I still love the ship but it is so narrow use, I think especially now that the Sentinel frame is stealthed, it's a better choice for most applications.

What I really want are three large reactor housings in the Polaris that allow smaller reactors if wanted. If you could stealth the Polaris, there's far less reason for the Prowler.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Did they change it? Because it says 2 size 7 manned turret in the front. 2 size 3 side turrets, 2 size 3 belly turret missile racks. I agree though the initial mine play has been lack luster for sure but I was still thinking the AI generated missions would be fun as long as they were done right. still looks fun and niche to me, not many people will do this job fulltime.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I dunno what you're reading. I can't recall them ever committing to put missiles on the Prowler, or any S7 guns. I thought it was 1S6 mount and 2 S5 mounts that came gimbled single.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I dunno what you're reading. I can't recall them ever committing to put missiles on the Prowler, or any S7 guns. I thought it was 1S6 mount and 2 S5 mounts that came gimbled single.

Oh I mentioned grabbing a Nautilus a few posts back that's what we were talking about lol. Just a miscommunication is all!

Forgot your password?