Prowler. Wow!

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
They skipped over the Grav Lev or Ship Boarding ideas that were originally talked about with the concept? or am i missing something?
You can still see the gravlev pads on the ship, I imagine it's probably yet another flight mode toggle they'll have to add for that. Ship Boarding was last mentioned as eva, with maybe clamping the ship to the Hull (not completely sure on that one), which would probably need the tech from ship to ship docking whenever that gets added.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
You will only be able to pilot one ship at a time, no boards of NPCs to solo crew your fleet.
if you have a ton of non-combat, then let others protect you. If you want a combat that’s different, but don’t get one if the only reason is because you feel you need one to protect the others in your fleet, because it doesn’t work that way...
Oh that's not the only reason. I do want to be able to do some combat stuff as well, so it'll be nice to have it handy to go out and do some shooting.

And I know plenty of people in Test have the ships I may want to bring along, it might be easier to get a bunch of people who don't have big ships and have them pilot mine, so they're all ready to go and there's no need to wait on it or have the guy who owns the protection have to log off and leave us stranded.

I know I can't possibly pilot all the ships I have at once, but each ship is a gameplay that I want to have. My time is honestly worth more than the money, I just want to log on and do what I want to do without having to grind for days/weeks/months. That said, there are some other ships I want to grind in game, I'm just not wanting to have to do it for every facet of the game I wish to experience. I've always had really bad "alt-itis" in MMOs and had a dozen characters all under level 30. This way I can do what I want, when I want.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'm just gunna come crew on them.
Even with my large fleet I'll probably want to hop on someone else's ship to do some engineering task without worrying about what the ship's goal is.
Good to know. I wish I'd gotten a couple more of those packs into my buybacks before the price hike. C'est la vie.
If you want one of the 2948 Exploration packs I've got two in buyback, the $695 ones.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That is how I feel. I have both Banu ships, and the Corsair. With my remaining credit I could get the Apollo and Vulture which seem to have a lot more return than if I got the Prowler.
Yeah man. I want to use my remaining credit for something I REALLY want.
Still have a couple I'm holding onto in reserve for possible future upgrades, the original is such great value (relatively speaking of course) now.
Yeah, they're great freaking value now. Glad I have an extra one.
I've always had really bad "alt-itis" in MMOs and had a dozen characters all under level 30. This way I can do what I want, when I want.
Ha! This is me, through and through.
Even with my large fleet I'll probably want to hop on someone else's ship to do some engineering task without worrying about what the ship's goal is.
Exactly. Just be a dude doing a thing. Sounds great! I think the group play will be huge, which is why I want to keep my fleet small.
If you want one of the 2948 Exploration packs I've got two in buyback, the $695 ones.
My entire core fleet is builtboff of one of those packs. They're amazing. I love it...

And!

I would be absolutely eviscerated if I spent 695 on this game right now, haha.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Why was the 890 jacked up 300$? What made this ship so valuable. . .?
I think people have really been thinking about this all backward. If you plunked down cash for a ship in concept, you got a huge discount for buying what you knew you could not fly for years. The price needs to go up or that early buy in isn't motivated.

All the ships should increase in cost dramatically between when they are in concept, and when they enter the game. What I don't get is why CIG EVER offers ships in game without a concept period before, like the Valkyrie. That is what doesn't really makes good sense, IMHO.

The Polaris really is a thousand dollar ship (or more). Just some folks got it at 30% discount, by putting in money 2 years before it will arrive.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Exactly. Just be a dude doing a thing. Sounds great! I think the group play will be huge, which is why I want to keep my fleet small
Yup, just standing around all King of the Hill style while the captain is freaking out! But I still love my (fairly) huge fleet.

I would be absolutely eviscerated if I spent 695 on this game right now, haha.
Same boat. But I tell myself I could have even more expensive hobbies. My friend owns a truck and a fishing boat, that shit is tens of thousands...

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
If you plunked down cash for a ship in concept, you got a huge discount for buying what you knew you could not fly for years. The price needs to go up or that early buy in isn't motivated.
Definitely. People are giving their money to fund the project and in return they're giving you a digital ship that might be what you expected. Some ships change drastically from concept to realization and if you wait until it's flight ready it should be a bit more since it's even more solidly implemented.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Definitely. People are giving their money to fund the project and in return they're giving you a digital ship that might be what you expected. Some ships change drastically from concept to realization and if you wait until it's flight ready it should be a bit more since it's even more solidly implemented.
Agreed, and while it is all a lot of money for virtual goods for a single game, we should remember it is also money towards the development too.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Agreed, and while it is all a lot of money for virtual goods for a single game, we should remember it is also money towards the development too.
That's my main thought. I like to think about the fleet I'll have and try to build it up, even try to save a little money on it, but I'll still put money into it because I want this to succeed. This game ticks off almost every single box of what I imagined the perfect MMO to be. I'm so stoked to be getting new features in and see it taking shape.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
That's my main thought. I like to think about the fleet I'll have and try to build it up, even try to save a little money on it, but I'll still put money into it because I want this to succeed. This game ticks off almost every single box of what I imagined the perfect MMO to be. I'm so stoked to be getting new features in and see it taking shape.
Completely agreed, it's been fun following along, and these last couple of years it's been good seeing it come together more and more.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm, I didn't read through the whole thread, just the top few posts. I guess it's not hull limited, just regular limited sale. So it could be upgraded to as well come the Nov sale. There's a list on reddit of hull limited ships, a google search will bring it up, but I guess they didn't read either because they added the Polaris as one of the hull limited ships.
I think some hight level backer (like concierge or semething) could have access to it full time, at least as CCU option.
May be I'm wrong but hight level backer have different privilege on buying side, this could be one of those.

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
How much was the prowler originally sold for then boys?

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
This was the promise though all along? Earliest access gives you the lowest price. It will only go up the longer you procrastinate!
This is not true, many, over half the price did not change so that's not accurate.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I guess opinions vary on the "drastically" changes, ya the ships longer, a bit bigger but outside of that was it worth a 300$ hike? No LTI? A York hanger? For thousand dollars? I guess for me it feels more like a money grab, they knew it was the largest ship in the game, that in itself would garner HUGE sales, just like the Carrack, they actually made it shorter, cut its cargo down and yet its price was jacked up as well, so when the changes are negative the price still goes up? Why? Because in the end CIG knew both these ships would sell like hotcakes, because we the consumer are lemmings and love to spend money lol.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
This was the promise though all along? Earliest access gives you the lowest price. It will only go up the longer you procrastinate!
This is not true, many, over half the price did not change so that's not accurate.
To be pedantic, it was their original promise, if the execution was not consistent I don't have too much of an issue with it.

I guess opinions vary on the "drastically" changes, ya the ships longer, a bit bigger but outside of that was it worth a 300$ hike? No LTI? A York hanger? For thousand dollars? I guess for me it feels more like a money grab, they knew it was the largest ship in the game, that in itself would garner HUGE sales, just like the Carrack, they actually made it shorter, cut its cargo down and yet its price was jacked up as well, so when the changes are negative the price still goes up? Why? Because in the end CIG knew both these ships would sell like hotcakes, because we the consumer are lemmings and love to spend money lol.
It's longer than the original concept and again only $250 price hike. The market pays what it pays, as a side effect we might get a game along with these ships too!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think people have really been thinking about this all backward. If you plunked down cash for a ship in concept, you got a huge discount for buying what you knew you could not fly for years. The price needs to go up or that early buy in isn't motivated.

All the ships should increase in cost dramatically between when they are in concept, and when they enter the game. What I don't get is why CIG EVER offers ships in game without a concept period before, like the Valkyrie. That is what doesn't really makes good sense, IMHO.

The Polaris really is a thousand dollar ship (or more). Just some folks got it at 30% discount, by putting in money 2 years before it will arrive.
Agree. And I still kinda hope I can get my hands on a Polaris. Especially since the extra Carrack I have is so much closer in price now, lol.
Yup, just standing around all King of the Hill style while the captain is freaking out! But I still love my (fairly) huge fleet.
Yeah, letting go of mine was difficult, but restarting was VERY refreshing.
Same boat. But I tell myself I could have even more expensive hobbies. My friend owns a truck and a fishing boat, that shit is tens of thousands...
Lol, this is very true.
100% this. I want to see this dream realized.
Right there with you Grim. I'm really freaking looking forward to this game. I want mechanics dammit. Lol. I want reasons to play!
It's longer than the original concept and again only $250 price hike. The market pays what it pays, as a side effect we might get a game along with these ships too!
Lol, that's a damn good side effect!

Reactions: Shiwaz and SpudNyk
Forgot your password?