Prowler. Wow!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I dunno, it might not be. The information I was using could be wrong. I think the reference they were using was a guy's Concierge message to CIG taken out of context. He might have been trying to buyback a Polaris that had been upgraded from another ship and they weren't going to let him keep the CCU he spent on it.
So maybe some hope, lol. Not that I'm too worried. I let the last one go . . . :(

Reactions: Shiwaz and Vashpede

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Probably because with the original concept prices it was a $75 upgrade.
Yeah it's weird - I can add them to my cart from buy backs and go to check out - haven't clicked the purchase button yet. I imagine it's a turbulent mistake and they didn't update the value after the carrack jumped in price the second time from $400

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah it's weird - I can add them to my cart from buy backs and go to check out - haven't clicked the purchase button yet. I imagine it's a turbulent mistake and they didn't update the value after the carrack jumped in price the second time from $400
Yeah, I've had CCU's that became reversed in value simple retain their original value as opposed to ending up being a negative value. Just don't think it's in the script for them to sell you a CCU that would also require them giving you credits as well, lol. Although that would be cool.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Polaris is now hull limited as well I believe and must be purchased in full. The only ship that the Carrack can upgrade to without grey market is the Hammerhead, which I'm seriously considering.

I definitely need something to protect my fleet as I've got all noncombat ships.
You will only be able to pilot one ship at a time, no boards of NPCs to solo crew your fleet.
if you have a ton of non-combat, then let others protect you. If you want a combat that’s different, but don’t get one if the only reason is because you feel you need one to protect the others in your fleet, because it doesn’t work that way...

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I understand the size and capabilities of this ship, but nothing since its concept has changed other than the price, if this price was given at concept then what caused a 300$ price increase when virtually nothing spec wise changed on the ship since its concept design phase? Its the same size, it has all the amenities from its concept phase, all the armaments, addons, bells and whistles are there, the ONLY thing I have seen that has changed is CIG knew they could get more $$ out of this ship as well as the Carrack, they were both almost virtually exactly the same as their concept design why the price hike?
Size went from 120ish meters to over 200m. So over 2 football fields or soccer pitches in length...

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Yeah, I've had CCU's that became reversed in value simple retain their original value as opposed to ending up being a negative value. Just don't think it's in the script for them to sell you a CCU that would also require them giving you credits as well, lol. Although that would be cool.
I don't think they'd ever do that, to the system it's just a token that allow changing one ship to another. From looking at the past changes it seems they manually update the costs via a script.

If the script sets them to a negative value you can't buy them again - the buy back button become disabled. For science I just tested it and was able to buy the CCU back ($25 in store credit can go towards a CCU or buying back my endeavor master set at some point).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't think they'd ever do that, to the system it's just a token that allow changing one ship to another. From looking at the past changes it seems they manually update the costs via a script.

If the script sets them to a negative value you can't buy them again - the buy back button become disabled. For science I just tested it and was able to buy the CCU back ($25 in store credit can go towards a CCU or buying back my endeavor master set at some point).
Interesting. So this begs the question . . .do i want a prowler on a Carrack hull? May need to sleep on this, haha

Reactions: Shiwaz and Vashpede

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Interesting. So this begs the question . . .do i want a prowler on a Carrack hull? May need to sleep on this, haha
Depends on what CIG do with the expensive CCUs, the Polaris was CCUable to in the last sale. Also their will probably be some high cost concepts this year that could be CCUable to -like the Nautilus was.

I'd say wait for PTU and try out the prowler in game first, see how you feel about it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Depends on what CIG do with the expensive CCUs, the Polaris was CCUable to in the last sale. Also their will probably be some high cost concepts this year that could be CCUable to -like the Nautilus was.

I'd say wait for PTU and try out the prowler in game first, see how you feel about it.
Oh yes. I don't rush into ships anymore. I have a bunch of credit, some decent buybacks (UEE Exploration pack for 495 - Carrack / Terrapin / DF) and a 20% off coupon. Depending on what releases, I may turn that package into a polaris / nautilus / HH plus my redeemer. Or some other pretty that may come out, haha.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Oh yes. I don't rush into ships anymore. I have a bunch of credit, some decent buybacks (UEE Exploration pack for 495 - Carrack / Terrapin / DF) and a 20% off coupon. Depending on what releases, I may turn that package into a polaris / nautilus / HH plus my redeemer. Or some other pretty that may come out, haha.
I did exactly that with a couple of my exploration packs last sale - worked great.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Always welcome to try out mine when it releases, and I'm sure many others with one here are willing to share too.
This is why I've kept a small fleet (Carrack / Sentinel / Merc Starrunner / Cutty Blue). I don't NEED a big fleet. All you beautiful bastards have all the ships I could ever need. I'm just gunna come crew on them.
I did exactly that with a couple of my exploration packs last sale - worked great.
Good to know. I wish I'd gotten a couple more of those packs into my buybacks before the price hike. C'est la vie.
Yeah I really want it and I would say it is among my top 5 favorite ships, but I can not justify the cost for myself either.
Lol, yeah man, For that price I can get a Redeemer and a Corsair - almost.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
This is why I've kept a small fleet (Carrack / Sentinel / Merc Starrunner / Cutty Blue). I don't NEED a big fleet. All you beautiful bastards have all the ships I could ever need. I'm just gunna come crew on them.

Good to know. I wish I'd gotten a couple more of those packs into my buybacks before the price hike. C'est la vie.

Lol, yeah man, For that price I can get a Redeemer and a Corsair - almost.
That is how I feel. I have both Banu ships, and the Corsair. With my remaining credit I could get the Apollo and Vulture which seem to have a lot more return than if I got the Prowler.

Forgot your password?