PSA: I am responsible for all you idiots!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
@Montoya you know a couple of us were talking about this last week. The RSI forums are pretty wretchedly setup and confusing. Also many games have started to drop the whole "introduce yourself" threads.

Disco Lando as a community manager should have seen the trend as these are brand new TESTies and fixed the issue on CIG end first. If you have repeat issues then it must be you not them. I can also say that I see other squadrons people post new threads too. The reason being why we are reportednis because people always hate who is first. He lacks the capabilities and skills to be a good community manager.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
@Montoya

Disco Lando as a community manager should have seen the trend as these are brand new TESTies and fixed the issue on CIG end first. If you have repeat issues then it must be you not them. I can also say that I see other squadrons people post new threads too. The reason being why we are reportednis because people always hate who is first. He lacks the capabilities and skills to be a good community manager.
The thing is it happens so often from TEST in particular, that the mods and Disco are convinced its me telling people to do it on purpose.

Disco is doing a fine job as a CM, believe me, he has a lot more important things on his plate than the odd post from a confused TEST member.

And yes, Im sure we are being reported a lot, its the price we pay for being the dominant org.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well Montoya boss. You take the big pay check every week so I am afraid you may just have to do some work once in a while! :D

Congrats on arguing on the internet with disco lando!

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
While it's good that we can always laugh at ourselves for being complete idiots at times, we also have to remember this is a serious issue and we need to curb it as much as possible. Hopefully the CMs realize the RSI forums need a bit of work, as well as our members getting their reading glasses on so they can read instructions clearly (and hopefully notice they're holding the manual upside down). Ah well. The best we can do is hope the name change on their forum helps at least a little.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
That sucks, but all I got from that was that we are so powerful that we made C.I.G change the name of a forum thread.
but seriously it sucks that our recruits are so sober that they cant follow simple directions.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
While this was/is a serious matter, it is also a frustrating yet humorous one.

When a new member joins TEST from our org page at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TEST, there are a few steps we ask these new arrivals to take, such as engaging in conversation with us so we can break the ice and get them involved!

After clicking the "Join us now" button, a little window comes up which asks the new applicant to follow a few basic steps, the first being:

Seems simple enough right?

Well, several times every month a couple of our best and brightest new applicants fail to understand this very simple instruction.

Instead of posting in our org thread on RSI, they choose to completely ignore the ACTUAL FUCKING LINK WE JUST GAVE THEM and post in the "New Recruits" forum on RSI.

For those that do no frequent RSI, the rules are that you can not start new threads to promote your org outside of your official thread. It is a very simple rule and obviously and important one. The last thing anybody wants is to see thousands of threads which are nothing but spam about how great your org is.

After our new applicant has posted in the wrong section, the regulars who hang out in the New Recruits forum lose their shit and start freaking out at the new TEST member, flagging their post then crying and bitching to the RSI mods that TEST is spamming them!

Angry RSI mods then contact me and tell ME to knock it off!

Naturally I respond with sympathy and logic, I am sorry it happened, but there is no way I can prevent idiocy!

Over the past year I have been bitched at by several mods, and every time I tell them there is nothing I can do about it!

Finally after complaining enough, the RSI mods got Disco Lando involved! :D

He contacted me and had a good 20min argument discussion about how I need to stop telling new TEST applicants to spam TEST in the New Recruits section.

Again, I explained that I nor anybody else is telling them to do this.

His question then was how come we are the only org that does this!

I told him I honestly have no explanation!

The one and only place we request that new applicants go and post is the org thread, and the exact URL is given to them! If they can't follow a simple instruction and they are posting in the wrong section, how am I being held responsible for people being idiots!?!

I have always sensed something dark and sinister hidden within, a disturbance if you will.

I searched my feelings, and I know it to be true.

What Disco said next was that I, the glorious leader of TEST, was in fact responsible for all the idiocy that may occur here!

Coincidentally, after our conversation the New Recruits forum was renamed "So you're now a citizen" , Im not sure if its because of us or if they felt this was a better name, but hopefully this fixes things! :p

Congrats TESTies!

You are Star Citizen's lovable idiots!
I got a little bit puzzled while reading more and more of this huge wall of (pissed) text: the basic request I understood, to grumble about new applicants which don't follow the rules. But then Disco was put into this situation and thats where you lost me. Has Disco complained about that new TEST-members aren't following the rules? Or has he complained about the rules which draws new TEST-members to testsquadron-forums? Or has he complained...about anything else which I don't get yet? And would it make sense to write to new applicants, who don't follow the rules, write a nice pm for explaining (again) the path to illumination?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I read between the lines and translated your post Montoya!
That's a much better read. Good work Sunder.
I got a little bit puzzled while reading more and more of this huge wall of (pissed) text: the basic request I understood, to grumble about new applicants which don't follow the rules. But then Disco was put into this situation and thats where you lost me. Has Disco complained about that new TEST-members aren't following the rules? Or has he complained about the rules which draws new TEST-members to testsquadron-forums? Or has he complained...about anything else which I don't get yet? And would it make sense to write to new applicants, who don't follow the rules, write a nice pm for explaining (again) the path to illumination?
New TESTies are posting their introductions on the wrong RSI forums, causing all sorts of unintentional TEST propaganda.
This makes people mad, and gets our glowing leader in trouble with Disco Lando. :)

Last edited:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
That's a much better read. Good work Sunder.

New TESTies are posting their introductions on the wrong RSI forums, causing all sorts of unintentional TEST propaganda.
This makes people mad, and gets its glowing leader in trouble with Disco Lando. :)
A'righty! Haha, okay, this is cool stuff - but I can understand the point of Disco Lando. But sorry, I have to laugh again, this is really funny, hahaha :D

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
Got to love spaceballs..If the old man can figure it out the test application any one can..Wow got to be less of a pc dummy than glade an thats pretty piss poor in my book lol..Considering if i got pc problems im asking nexstar haha..

Jethaya

Captain
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Jethaya
the title of this post is confusing for a second there i taught Montoya was offering to be responsible for all the stupid mistakes i make

i know i know that be more then a full time job so now who do i need to pm this Test Squadron Best squadron thing to again ?

Forgot your password?