PSA: TEST has no sister, affiliate or weird made up shitty relationship with any other org

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
GREAT(but clearly moody) LEADER,
Why not make alliances now? We can always disagree later.
Do we need a diplomatic service in Test? Should we rethink these policies?
Feel free to leave it until after the school holidays/next US elections/pay day/ a good nights sleep, to reply.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Why not make alliances now? We can always disagree later.
A wonderful question Mr Intruder!

Idle hands are the devils workshop.

A great example of this is a coalition of orgs who got together to make an alliance called Babylon 6. With no actual game to keep people busy and engaged, attention focuses on the metagame. The alliance spiraled down into a shit hole of bureaucratic arguing, backstabbing and overall saltiness.

Choosing between enjoying my evenings as they are right now, or being in boring 5hr long discord meetings with a bunch of internet bureaucrats and diplomats, I choose former!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
continued...

A few years back when TEST was small, about 200 members, we were part of a reddit alliance called... fuck me its slipping my mind.

Red Faction!

The idea was that reddit born orgs can all be friends and do shit together.

All the guys involved were very nice, but holy shit... the hours and hours of meetings talking about who runs what, and how resources will be shared, and how mining will be organized, and how the military will be controlled, and who gets to take a shit in what toilet...

Running an alliance or coalition is A LOT OF WORK!

I have a lot of respect for the Eve guys who commit themselves to keeping coalitions running smoothly. Their work goes unrecognized because you do not see the amount of effort it takes behind the scenes to keep all parties satisfied.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We're allowed to shit? Dang... all this time! Never mind, pretend I didn't say that.
I was in the same predicament until I found relief could be attained by constant shitposting.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
No argument there. We are not ignoring the diplomatic angle, just putting on hold.

We will have a very big diplomatic division.

You mean people who hire stripers/prostitutes drive while drunk, break the laws of the country they find themselves in and general up to mayhem and general debauchery while all perfectly legal and covered by diplomatic immunity.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
continued...

A few years back when TEST was small, about 200 members, we were part of a reddit alliance called... fuck me its slipping my mind.

Red Faction!

The idea was that reddit born orgs can all be friends and do shit together.

All the guys involved were very nice, but holy shit... the hours and hours of meetings talking about who runs what, and how resources will be shared, and how mining will be organized, and how the military will be controlled, and who gets to take a shit in what toilet...

Running an alliance or coalition is A LOT OF WORK!

I have a lot of respect for the Eve guys who commit themselves to keeping coalitions running smoothly. Their work goes unrecognized because you do not see the amount of effort it takes behind the scenes to keep all parties satisfied.
Omg I had almost forgotten about this. it was an utter shit show.

Forgot your password?