PTU 2.4 patch level T - will PU2.4 be released today?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
For information about Patch S please click here:
[URL="https://testsquadron.com/threads/ptu-2-4-patch-level-s-yes-really.7556/page-4#post-108956"]PTU 2.4 patch level T[/URL]
PTU 2.4 patch level S (yes, really!). Read - this - NOW! Lots of new information!
PTU 2.4 patch level R
PTU 2.4 patch level Q
PTU 2.4 patch level P
PTU 2.4 patch level O
PTU 2.4 patch level N
PTU 2.4 patch level M
PTU 2.4 patch level I

--------------------

I suggest that the go live of mini PU 2.4 will take place soon. Honestly, I didn't took this patch too serious just because of a few new missions and some possibilities to buy clothes and stuff - hooray *yawn* And what about the persistence? Nothing at all - you hadn't to repair your ship. Just let yourself explode and respawn again at Port Olisar?

Well girls and guys, listen up: CIG begins to play a little bit harder on us. Have you read the patch notes of PTU patch 2.4 j, released today? Heres an out-take:

Game Systems:
  • We have enabled ship respawn costs for Port Olisar!
    • Destroyed ships will now have a respawn timer after being destroyed.
    • Player can pay a aUEC fee to bypass the timer, and the cost to bypass the timer decreases over time.
    • With this initial iteration, all ships have a 5 minute respawn timer, and a initial cost to bypass of 2500-3000 aUEC.
      • In future iterations, the respawn timer and cost will differ from ship to ship.
I suggest, that this is one of the first signs that SC and its releasing schedule is becoming a serious level. Today, a guy wrote an interesting comment on fb:

Last I looked,the first chapter of the single player campaign is due Q3-Q4 this year.

2.4 I think is the next major content patch and that brings in the beginnings of the economy. Stuff like hauling will now be available to do in limited extent. The framework for mining and I think salvaging as well are both being placed. The ground work for player customization is also hopefully coming in 2.4 and expanded through releases down the line.

Then after that,if all goes well,then next patches go by smoother simply because the ship mechanics would nearly be done. All that would be left is refueling and repairs for ships and the refueling might come in 2.4ish due to them making the Starfarer flight ready.

Basically,the 2.4 patch is the next big one.

I wrote something like that before - but he couldn't better described it: as soon as the basics are done - which now seems to be the time - the development of SC will make huge steps forward, I mean: real big and for the most of us apprently unexpected!

Exciting times are lying ahead! But do yourself a favour: go into mini PU 2.3 and crash as many Auroras as you can. After the Patch 2.3, this free-of-charge-fun-PU-time seems to be over ;)

Cheers!
Sam

Last edited:

Bruzdawg

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruzr
Devs have referred to the game making process as an 80/20 process. I wonder if they feel as though they are near the 80% mark? The final 20% still takes quite some time but maybe we are getting close to that level? *crosses fingers*

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Attention: since 00.00 a.m. (GMT +2) we are at PTU patch level k. Please note, that the mentioned timer runs even when you logged off the system!!

Game Systems:

We have made some updates to ship respawn costs!

The time to respawn and cost to bypass the respawn timer will now differ from ship to ship.

The timer will continue to countdown, even while player is logged out of Crusader.

Reactions: Murderer and Rolo

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Alpha Patch 2.4.0l has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.

Your launcher should show “2.4.0-359569” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

The full 2.4.0 Patch Notes are located here. Please take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Callouts:

• Please note that Battle Royale seems to be experiencing a frequent crash during initializing.

• Persistence between builds 2.4.0k to 2.4.0l has been enabled.
Contents:

• Updates and Fixes

• Star Systems

• Game Systems

• Ships

• User Interface

• Technical

• Updates and Fixes
Star Systems:

• Added additional dialogue for Pirate and Security ships when they spawn in Crusader.

• Made additional tweaks to lighting in Port Olisar based on player feedback.

• Removed cardboard boxes in front of Casaba Outlet in Port Olisar.

• Fixed an issue where Port Modification ports were visible, while ship was on a landing pad in Kareah.

• Fixed an issue where Flair items could not be placed in item display cases.
Game Systems:

• Fixed an issue where players would briefly see ‘insufficient funds’ text even though they had enough funds to respawn their ship.

• Added an aiming reticle to the Port Mod App for easier usability.

• Fixed an issue where audio dialogue would continue even after player died and respawned.
Ships:

• Made additional balance tweaks to the PyroBurst.

• Fixed an issue where you could not attach the Flashfire specialty mount to the Hornet series or Cutlass via the Port Modification App.

• Disabled the players ability to modify weapon and missile loadouts for the Scythe and Glaive ships.
User Interface:

• Fixed an issue where the chat window and mobiGlas could not be open at the same time.

• Enabling Persistence between builds (2.4.0k and 2.4.0l)

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ld3in/patch_240l_is_on_the_ptu_patch_notes_inside/

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Hmm...all you need is a pile of Aurora's.....by the time you crash them all, the first one has respawned and is ready to go. Think they really need to make the respawn timer like 2 days or a week, not 5 minutes. Once again though.....just need more Aurora's to get around it! :rolleyes:

Wish they would stop updating this damn 2.4, by the time I've downloaded it and ready to play it needs another update! o_O

Reactions: Rolo and AstroSam

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Pay if you dont want the timer, youd be paying twice if you didnt have LTI......1 for instant respawn and 2 for insurance.....when all that happens!
No but I mean.. I'm sure it's beause it's a test universe and they have to test the ship repair cost and all that but I hope the cost to respawn a ship, no getting it faster, it's going to be covered by the Insurace, LTI or normal insurance.....

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
When am I gonna get into my freelancer and haul some cargo to get some nice UEC? Until then I am afraid I won't be launching SC.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Well its official, finally played the PTU......DISLIKE the button rehash....what was wrong with the original layout? NOTHING!!! :mad: Now Ive got to learn stuff and I'm getting older these days......Im no miracle man here. Would be nice if they had the option to use the old setup, very Apple to force change for the sake of it......they should have been more Samsung and stick with a winning formula.

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!!!

Forgot your password?