PTU 2.4 patch level T - will PU2.4 be released today?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Nothing new so far. I still got the black screen error when leaving the game.
But they again have extended the distances within the ICC missions. You now have to travel each time straight through the whole mini P(T)U. And restock 10 Flares = 1.300 aUEC?? Hello!?
The problem about great distances *currently* is that all possible coordination/jump points in great distance are merging to kind of a big blue cloud. Thats why you have to QT somewhere, then orient and then finally choose your QT destination. Thats...suboptimal at least ;)

Reactions: Rolo

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
Nothing new so far. I still got the black screen error when leaving the game.
But they again have extended the distances within the ICC missions. You now have to travel each time straight through the whole mini P(T)U. And restock 10 Flares = 1.300 aUEC?? Hello!?
The problem about great distances *currently* is that all possible coordination/jump points in great distance are merging to kind of a big blue cloud. Thats why you have to QT somewhere, then orient and then finally choose your QT destination. Thats...suboptimal at least ;)
they didn't change the distances, they actually removed a few of the ICC missions, and quite possibly reordered them as well. i think there are now only 4 or 5 ICC Missions where before there was 8.

Reactions: Rolo and AstroSam

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
re: 'griefing'

one man's 'griefing' is another man's 'getting goodfites'

if you didn't realize it before, the best reason to be in TEST is that you never need to operate alone, you can always find someone to cover your six

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl

Things I found in PTU 2.4:
Random Saber spawn up in the air (possibly for devs, QA, or I luck glitched?)
Said Saber was unlocked
hopped in no Max Speed...at all...
infinite ammo & shields
Smashed around at 500+
Server crashed & now I want a saber...

Last edited:

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
Things I found in PTU 2.4:
Random Saber spawn up in the air (possibly for devs, QA, or I luck glitched?)
Said Saber was unlocked
hopped in no Max Speed...at all...
infinite ammo & shields
Smashed around at 500+
Server crashed & now I want a saber...
1. Known Bug
2. Someone left it there or crashed/coded out of the server and the ship failed to despawn
3. Interesting, haven't seen that yet.
4. Saw that with a stolen connie yesterday (They glitched in through turret, couldnt qt and had no damage to them even at max speed ramming)
5. Thats always fun :D
6. Sabre is amazing and i am not planning on melting mine anytime soon. Who doesn't want a Sabre?

Also, your thread needs more TESTing and also more BEER!!!!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Aaaaaaand here we go for patch No. N:

Alpha Patch 2.4.0n has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.

Your launcher should show “2.4.0-360442” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

The full 2.4.0 Patch Notes are located here. Please take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Callouts:

• Please note that Battle Royale seems to be experiencing a frequent crash during initializing.
Contents:

• Star Systems
  • Ships
  • First Person
  • User Interface
  • Technical
Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where players could get inside the repair bay of Dumper Depot.
  • Corrected the order in which the ICC Probe Research missions are offered to players.
  • Fixed some issues with wall mount flair item ports not being visible in the Hangar.
Ships:

• Fixed an issue where you could not change out the weapons on the turret of the Super Hornet.
  • Removed unused Port Mod hard points on the Retaliator.
  • Removed unused Port Mod hard points on the 300 series.
First Person:

• Fixed an issue where players were missing ankles if wearing shoes without pants.
User Interface:

• Fixed an issue where player HUD would become distorted after respawning from a ship death.
  • Fixed an issue where the Outlaw penalty UI prompt was still visible if the player switched from Crusader to ArcCorp.
Technical:

• Fixed several server crashes.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4m3s0z/star_citizen_alpha_240n_on_ptu/?sort=new

Reactions: Rolo

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
^ not mentioned in the patch notes was the fact you can now properly swap missiles on the freelancer, haven't tested the hornet or connie yet, but before you were unable to swap missiles.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
And on it goes....

Alpha Patch 2.4.0o has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.

Your launcher should show “2.4.0-360862” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

(...)

Important Callouts:

• Please note that Battle Royale seems to be experiencing a frequent crash during initializing.
  • 2.4.0o will have a fresh database, due to some changes and bug fixes that have been made.
Updates and Fixes
Star Systems:
  • Fixed an issue where non Outlaw characters would affect Crusader Security spawning at active Comm Arrays.
  • Fixed an issue where some NPC dialogue in Crusader was not stopping at the proper time.
  • Fixed an issue where the Generic Horizontal Display Case was not facing in the right direction in the Hangar.
  • Fixed an issue with blacked-out doorways in the Revel & York, non XL bay, Hangar.
  • Fixed an issue where the EVA visual effects were detached from the jetpack and showing up at the players feet.
Ships:
  • Fixed an issue where player was unable to interact with Port Mod turret hard points.
  • Fixed an issue where players hand would clip into the flight stick of the Reliant.
  • Removed unused Port Mod hard point from the Super Hornet.
  • Fixed an issue where additional turrets were showing up in the Port Modification App when interacting with the Cutlass Port Mod turret hard point.
  • Fixed an issue where the S4 fixed mount could not be placed on the Super Hornet.
  • Fixed an issue where the Port Mod missile hardpoint for the 300 series was not centered on the wing.
  • Fixed an issue where the self destruct text prompt was not showing up for the Aurora.
User Interface:
  • Added feature to ‘Try On’ mode to show controls for inspecting clothes.
Technical:
  • General pass on Crusader to help improve performance.
  • Fixed several client crashes.

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
...I hope the cost to respawn a ship, no getting it faster, it's going to be covered by the Insurace, LTI or normal insurance.....
That's the case now from what I understand. Currently in PTU you either pay the fee to skip the timer, or wait the duration of the timer to get your ship.

The idea was always to have LTI just save you from having to upkeep your hull insurance and keep you from having to remember to pay for it. You will always have to wait for a timer for the insurance "payout" and it will be larger for bigger or more rare ships. Paying to skip the queue is a new mechanic as far as I recall.

PajamaJams

Captain
Dec 8, 2015
RSI Handle
KkeplerR
I seriously hope they scrap the idea of paying to respawn or get your ship back without insurance. They're racking up too much money for what SC is. Not everyone can afford to buy new ships every week.

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
I seriously hope they scrap the idea of paying to respawn or get your ship back without insurance. They're racking up too much money for what SC is. Not everyone can afford to buy new ships every week.
Well, 1) your fee is technically with in-game currency that can be earned in-game 2) when the game goes live, the idea is that you'll be able to purchase and possibly rent ships in-game with in-game currency which, again, can be earned in-game.

The cost for ships now is simply to find development and get people in early. Once live, you can get things done without pumping cash into the game.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Patch P released - there seem to be only minor issues left:

Updates and Fixes
Star Systems:
  • Added a mission objective to the mission “Public Enemy” that will trigger if the bounty player attempts interacts with the hacking terminal.
    • In addition, an objective marker will appear showing the location of the Bounty.
  • Fixed an issue where the interaction point with the Ammo Crate in Live Fire would become more offset the closer the player was to the Crate.
  • Fixed an issue where the NPC inside of Astro Armada did not have a name over their head.
  • Fixed an issue where Security would spawn and then instantly despawn.
  • Fixed an issue where the Plant Shelf was not aligning correctly with the wall when placed in a Hangar.
  • Fixed an issue where all the Space Plant flair items would spawn rotated 180 degrees in the wrong direction.
Ships:
  • Fixed an issue where you could not shoot a player in the pilot seat if the ship was moving at full speed.
  • Fixed an issue where some of the Starfarer cockpit seats did not have proper collision.
First Person:
  • Fixed an issue where a player was unable to EVA after switching flight suits because they were lacking a jetpack.
Technical:
  • Fixed a couple of server crashes.

Reactions: supitza

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
I honestly haven't read the entire thread, but I figured I'd express my exuberance at the fact that I'll be able to jump in on this PTU in a few days. Yeehaw.
Despite being late to the party, you still beat me to it. I was tempted to subscribe just to get in on the PTU. Kinda hard to submit and check bugs without access to it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Despite being late to the party, you still beat me to it. I was tempted to subscribe just to get in on the PTU. Kinda hard to submit and check bugs without access to it.
Haven't beat you yet, lol. Just because the army says I'll be home on the 6th doesn't make it fact. Everything is subject to change. And Fuck up. Haha.

Reactions: AstroSam

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
OK well yes, also a chance it will go live Monday. Just itching to play it. Hope they don't change it or f it up for you.
We shall know tomorrow night after end ex I reckon. I'm certainly praying it's straight home, and not follow on tasks here in Wainwright.

So there's a chance she'll drop on Monday eh? Well, we shall see. Regardless, it'll be home, start to DL, and then start cleaning the weeks of exercise filth off of my body.

Forgot your password?