PTU 2.4 patch level T - will PU2.4 be released today?

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
2.4T Patch is on PTU and available to everyone!

Alpha Patch 2.4.0t has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! As of 2.4.0t, access to the PTU is no longer restricted.

Your launcher should show “2.4.0-362929” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

The full 2.4.0 Patch Notes are located here. Please take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Contents:
  • Star Systems
  • Ships
  • First Person
  • User Interface
  • Technical
Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where weapons and missiles were not being restocked on ships properly at CryAstro Station.
  • Fixed an issue where spawned ships in Port Olisar would first appear floating 50 meters above their designated landing pad.
  • Fixed an issue where textures were disappearing from certain angles in Selfland Hangar and ArcCorp.
Ships:
  • Fixed some reflection and flickering issues with the Starfarer cockpit glass.
First Person:
  • Fixed an issue with the inspecting weapons animation looking awkward in Live Fire and Cubby Blast.
  • Fixed an issue where inspecting rifle weapons would cause the rifle to clip into the players helmet.
User Interface:
  • Fixed an issue where the UI notification alerting users which landing pad to find their ship was missing.
Technical:
  • Fixed a server crash.
  • Fixed a client crash during Vanduul Swarm.
  • Fixed an error code 7 disconnection.
Excellent, T includes fixes for a couple of show blockers. That along with the 'open to everyone' change make it sounds like we may well be on the last PTU patch unless something is spotted by the wider tester base.

From an general deploy perspective, I would think twice before doing a major release to PU on a Friday, knowing that there would be reduced cover over the weekend if something major arose. I think it's more likely that they will let this bed in and that we'll see 2.4 on general release at the start of next week.

Here's hoping that I will be proved wrong though ;)

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Excellent, T includes fixes for a couple of show blockers. That along with the 'open to everyone' change make it sounds like we may well be on the last PTU patch unless something is spotted by the wider tester base.

From an general deploy perspective, I would think twice before doing a major release to PU on a Friday, knowing that there would be reduced cover over the weekend if something major arose. I think it's more likely that they will let this bed in and that we'll see 2.4 on general release at the start of next week.

Here's hoping that I will be proved wrong though ;)
Does no one at CIG want overtime? Release late Friday I say...which is now for me! :rolleyes:

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Wish they would put a timeline on stuff....this whole "its ready when its ready" crap sometimes wears alittle thin. Everyone else in the world has timelines, so should CIG. I'm not bothered if by chance stuff blows out due to problems, would certainly rather a finished and polished product than some half assed attempt. But keeping people guessing for weeks on end, will it be this week, next week, next month? WTF!!!!

Rant from an irritated Kangaroo that looks alittle like a prostitute.........:eek:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Within the concierge forum I've tried to give a corresponding suggestion - amongst others, to release not daily PTU patches but i.e. weekly, or to give a timeline - and you have no idea what flames of hate I earned by the CIG fanboys. This discussion you can't win because there is noone who wants to discuss.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Well I for one would be flaming those people, I walk around with my eyes open and dont follow things blindly like some. In the end I've never heard of any kind of an company that does their own thing, at their own paise with no real scheduling behind anything. I find this poor management, there would be more timeframes and closer scrutiny of CIG time frames if they didnt think the community paying their bills was a never ending money tree.

With that said they are doing a good job with high quality end results and I look forward to the final result. But I'd enjoy the journey alittle more getting to the end result if CIG would actually disclose timeframes and date. If things have to change they can explain why there is delays and be accountable for timeframe blowouts. In the end we are all essentually shareholders in SC and CIG. We are paying their bills and enabling this to even happen.

More transparency is all I ask for, example I would like some idea of when say some of the ships in concept I have paid big money for will be completed. When we might see things like proceedurally generated planets, so on. Not asking for a fixed date cast in concrete. An estimated timeframe so all the staff have targets and they can aim to meet them. We would then have some idea when to expect things and enjoy the experiance. Rather than hearing EVERY "Around the Verse"......2.4 delayed again.....will have it out "soon".

COME ON CIG BETTER DIRECTION AND TRANSPARENCY!

Another rant from a annoyed Kangaroo who has emptied his wallet on a whole pile of Jpegs with no ships in the forseable future.......coming "soon".

Reactions: AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You really need to become a subscriber, you could have been doing that for weeks already if you were! :D
First I started playing SC in PTU 2.3, after a few missions it became a little boring, no people to fly with, then I started to fly Vanduul Swarms, very good for improving your flight skills, asteroid evasion and so on. Today I noticed that I am ranked 25th with flight time :eek::eek::eek::eek:, I think I never played in 2.2 :oops:

upload_2016-6-10_13-57-12.png

I don't mind the other ranking, 355 is good enough, last month I am training with the Aurora, so guess what, ranking doesn't go up :rolleyes:.

With the announcement of PTU 2.4.0 it somewhere stated that AC was disabled for PTU 2.4.0...... What the hell would I do in 2.4.0 if there wasn't any AC????? besides that, I don't have high internet speed. it takes me more then 4 hours to download a new version so after 20 updates I wouldn't fly allot :( and flying is what I like the most :D. Every evening 2 - 3 Vanduul swarms :cool:, Mustang takes them down faster then an Aurora ;)

sooooo........ no regrets here

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
You must be getting good if your playing a few rounds of vanduul swarm each night, might need to hire you as my bodyguard in the Verse? :rolleyes: The continual updates in the PTU are the killer and its not like they are small updates either!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You must be getting good if your playing a few rounds of vanduul swarm each night, might need to hire you as my bodyguard in the Verse? :rolleyes: The continual updates in the PTU are the killer and its not like they are small updates either!
Vanduuls are predictable. If you are alone then it gives you very good practice in avoiding fire while everybode is shooting at you. It gets even more interesting when flying a close range combat fighter.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I cant go back to 2.3 now i'm starting to get used to 2.4PTU new button assignments. Cant play 2.4PTU as the thing is forever updating and dont have a fiber connection to speed things up! A situation I'm in! o_O

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I cant go back to 2.3 now i'm starting to get used to 2.4PTU new button assignments. Cant play 2.4PTU as the thing is forever updating and dont have a fiber connection to speed things up! A situation I'm in! o_O
:eek:.. as I said before, no regrets that I can't play in PTU2.4 "for weeks already" :D:D:D:D:D At least I can play allot in 2.3 ;)
You really need to become a subscriber, you could have been doing that for weeks already if you were! :D

MikeAlphaTangoTango

Space Marshal
Oct 2, 2014
RSI Handle
MikeAlphaTangoTango
Just managed to play a 90 minute stint, including changing between ArcCorp, Hangar, and Crusader; no crashes, a couple of small bugs, and about 15k aUEC spent! Framerate was mostly stable, about 30fps, with the odd drop (probably a Starfarer spawning in). One of the bugs was a damage state glitch on the Aurora, the other was pirate dialogue playing, even though there were no pirates around. Creepy...

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?