PTU 2.4 patch level T - will PU2.4 be released today?

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Star Citizen Alpha 2.4.0L Now on PTU!

Greetings testers!

We're excited to roll out 2.4.0L tonight to Public Test Universe (PTU). This update contains several needed fixes, and early reports show increased stability and performance.

Great.... I have exams...........

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Its pretty stable and performs good (except for some freezes for 1-2 seconds a few times each sessions, but that is quite okay thinking about the performance problems until now so far). Major bug imho currently is that going-into-eva-and-get-killed/loose-control-/"shoot"-into-deep-space-bug, which is VERY annoying. Hopefully that they will fix that finally before 2.4 goes live.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
.... pay?......... but I have LTI........ pay?
The "Fee" is to jump the insurance replacement queue.
If you don't want to pay extra, your LTI covers replacement.
You just have to wait for the replacement ship to be delivered.

I like the system so far. Done it both ways... mostly I'm too cheap to pay the bribe, er, Fee to get my ship faster.
But sometimes, especially working with others, I need to get thar fust! So I pay.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Just do the ICC missions - 2500 bucks for each goal. Make sure to harvest the ship wrecks at the mission nav points near by. In 30 minutes you've earned mo' money than you can spend ;)

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
At this state of the build, the ICC missions are simply the fastest way to earn aUEC.
The greatest blocker is the speed of your ship and the skill/efficiency of your eva skills.

There is some combat for most of the ICC missions, but it's not always mandatory; in the first mission, if you go around the large asteroid to the left you can avoid the (zero bounty) pirates completely - saving both repair costs and, more importantly, time.

The extra wreckage can provide additional random income, but balance that against the time it takes to travel to and eva around each wreck. Some wrecks are rich in weapons... which you can not sell, and can only carry a few. Wasted time, wasted effort.

I've found I can make 20k+ aUEC an hour (when the missions are working right) by ignoring all distractions and working through the 8 mission ICC chain. I refuel 3 or 4 times in my 350r, which drops my profit a bit.

If there was an option to replace my missiles with fuel pods, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Fuel makes me money, missiles are only a contingency to protect it.
If there was a fast ship with a larger fuel cap, I'd fly it. Refueling takes time.

I've said all along that fuel capacity is going to make a difference, and we are beginning, just beginning, to see that.
And that's just around *one* planet in a 4 planet system. When the other planets open up, I'll probably be leaning heavily on my Cutlass or 315p for quick missions (Cutlass has a huge fuel tank, btw), and the Dur for longer chains.

But right now, with 2.4L, speed rules.
And EVA skills count.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Hopefully it will deter some of the griefing in the game, I told myself 2.4 would be the patch where I started sinking more play time in and this just seals the deal, time to dig in and get into it, I bought the HCV voice packs and now I just need a good hotus.

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
Well its official, finally played the PTU......DISLIKE the button rehash....what was wrong with the original layout? NOTHING!!! :mad: Now Ive got to learn stuff and I'm getting older these days......Im no miracle man here. Would be nice if they had the option to use the old setup, very Apple to force change for the sake of it......they should have been more Samsung and stick with a winning formula.

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!!!
they do have the option to go back to what they call "Legacy Controls", its just not easy to find for the first time xD you go to advanced controls, then at the bottom right there should be a tab like menu that lets you pick a control scheme

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hopefully it will deter some of the griefing in the game, I told myself 2.4 would be the patch where I started sinking more play time in and this just seals the deal, time to dig in and get into it, I bought the HCV voice packs and now I just need a good hotus.
I've read about griefers, mostly being active at the service stations. But it's a problem which occurs even in the current PTU (haven't had that until now, thank God) and which is not standing on the top of CIGs' priority list, obviously =/

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have had a few times where someone is standing on the large pads waiting for a ship to spawn so they can fly away with it, I even got into my ship once and someone else was already in cockpit, he deliberately flew it into the space station and I ended up dead in space lol. I have also had to sit and wait as the queue for large pads was full so I hope this new system puts a damper on people just crashing into stuff or stealing peoples, I know there will always be griefing but this should at least slow it down a bit.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I have had a few times where someone is standing on the large pads waiting for a ship to spawn so they can fly away with it, I even got into my ship once and someone else was already in cockpit, he deliberately flew it into the space station and I ended up dead in space lol.
Hows that possible? I thought that noone can open your ship until you've opened it...?

Reactions: Rolo

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
*sigh* Seems CIG has LOTS to do until having even the idea to go beta...

Reactions: Rolo

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Patch M has been released. Patch notes:

Your launcher should show “2.4.0-360080” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

The full 2.4.0 Patch Notes are located here. Please take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Callouts:
Please note that Battle Royale seems to be experiencing a frequent crash during initializing.

Star Systems:

Fixed an issue in ArcCorp where players could jump over the railing, resulting in player death.
Changed the texture on the pistol display shelf in Garrity Defense and Cubby Blast.

Game Systems:

Fixed an issue where a players wanted level was not correctly capping at 2 when enabling and disabling Comm Arrays.
Fixed an issue with the ICC Probe Mission 4 not failing due to irregular pirate spawning.
Increased the reward for the Outlaw mission ‘Keep the Comm Arrays Offline’ from 100 aUEC per kill to 250 aUEC.

Ships:

Fixed an issue where the nose mount of the Avenger Series ship was not available after being removed. For now, the nose mount hardpoint has been disabled in the Port Modification App. Made additional improvements to the Pyroblast Scattergun performance and visual effects. Fixed a clipping issue when certain missile racks were equipped to the Freelancer.

User Interface:

Fixed an issue where the chat window was on by default in the Tutorial missions.

Technical:

Fixed several server crashes.
Fixed several client crashes.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4lyfnv/ptu_240m_patch_notes/

Thats not much; astonishes me. Seems, that go-live of 2.4 stands upon our doorstep :)

Reactions: marcsand2 and Rolo

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Thats not much; astonishes me. Seems, that go-live of 2.4 stands upon our doorstep :)
My sentiments exactly. A short download and none of MY particular issues were addressed(missing sight on assault rifle, code 7s and 0s, ships spawning 50m off the deck, etc.). Hopefully those things will be dealt with as 2.4 goes live. All of these patches have been very stable, for the most part. I hope that continues.

Reactions: Rolo and AstroSam

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
My sentiments exactly. A short download and none of MY particular issues were addressed(missing sight on assault rifle, code 7s and 0s, ships spawning 50m off the deck, etc.). Hopefully those things will be dealt with as 2.4 goes live. All of these patches have been very stable, for the most part. I hope that continues.
from what i have gathered from different sources they have lots of the gameplay bugs fixed, they just didn't put them into the PTU because they want us testing for Framerates and the networking/server-side errors. Since patch M went live i've had 1 code 7, 0 code 0's and one CTD. and the code 7's and code 0's were their primary concerns the last few patches.

As far as the ship stealing griefers go, we will eventually be able to lock the ships, but with that, those who wish to steal can eventually either hack the ship, or just blow a hole in it to board. Which in itself will pretty much eliminate people stealing your ships at the pad, especially at monitored ports like olisar.

Forgot your password?