Question about ship sales

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As with everything in Alpha, that may be what is planned and true right now, and may even be believed to be the truth as to what is going to happen by devs from the very top to the very bottom of CIG, but it may change come the finished game if it is found not to be the best way of doing it.

Having hung out on Spectrum and witnessed a "Butthurt avalanche" with the release of the 600i in PTU 3.2, the above paragraph is the only way I was able to find to explain it to those HurtyButts that actually got through to them.

*The sun comes out from behind a cloud*

And lo, it came to pass that in PTU 3.2 patch L, the 600i did bring higher speeds and better acceleration, and the backers did calm down and NaffNaff gazed upon it and saw it was good, saying "about bloody time I was going deaf in one ear".

Last edited:

Hillhopper

Grand Admiral
Jun 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Hillhopper
Figured I would post this here and it has probably answered several times but wanted to be sure. If I was to upgrade one of my vultures with lti to a 600i, it does transfer the lti to the 600i ? Pretty sure answer is yes but want to confirm.

Do I upgrade through the ship upgrades tab and that's it. Or do I have to it in hanger. It said something about click where you want to apply the upgrade. Have not upgraded before so is new to me. I get confused in some of these user interfaces. Could be the beer and/or moonshine helping though.

And if all of the above is true how long does the sale last. Was looking at the 600i for me and a couple of friends to do some exploring and have some fun..

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Figured I would post this here and it has probably answered several times but wanted to be sure. If I was to upgrade one of my vultures with lti to a 600i, it does transfer the lti to the 600i ? Pretty sure answer is yes but want to confirm.

Do I upgrade through the ship upgrades tab and that's it. Or do I have to it in hanger. It said something about click where you want to apply the upgrade. Have not upgraded before so is new to me. I get confused in some of these user interfaces. Could be the beer and/or moonshine helping though.

And if all of the above is true how long does the sale last. Was looking at the 600i for me and a couple of friends to do some exploring and have some fun..
The LTI remains from the original ship, yes :slight_smile: Any extras that were in the original ship pledge will be there still, so if it came with a hangar, you still got that hangar, if it came with a digital download of Hammond Organ music you still gots your digital download of Hammond Organ music.

The way you do it:

Go to the ship upgrades page and select the ship you are CCUing from and the ship you are CCUing to. In this case, the Vulture and the 600i.

The system will then show you the cost difference and ask you to pay it. Do this, if you have any store credit from melting ships you can pay or part-pay with that, too... Once the payment has cleared you will have an upgrade token in the hangar section of your account (not in the hangar section of the game). Click on the icon on the token that says "Apply Upgrade" or words to that effect, the system will then ask you which ship you want to upgrade. click on the Vulture you want to upgrade and the system will say:

WOAH!! HOLD IT BUDDY THIS IS PERMANENT!!! ARE 'Y SURE???

At which point you say to yourself "I just spent several hundred dolla on the CCU yes i'm sure gimmie my toy you monsters!" click yes and ta-daa, your vulture is now a vulture with a Cross-Chassis-Upgrade to a 600i. The listing in your hangar will still show the vulture, but will be clear that it is a vulture that is now a 600i.

Then go to the game and enjoy your shiny new ship :slight_smile:

Mmmmm, sci-fi Hammond Organ music:

Last edited:

Hillhopper

Grand Admiral
Jun 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Hillhopper
Thanks NaffNaffBobFace, for the info. Just had never upgraded a ship before and wasn't really sure how to do it. It's clear now thanks again. So if you see a 600i party ship weaving through the galaxy just don't get in front of us. We may have all left the bridge and be at the bar.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks NaffNaffBobFace, for the info. Just had never upgraded a ship before and wasn't really sure how to do it. It's clear now thanks again. So if you see a 600i party ship weaving through the galaxy just don't get in front of us. We may have all left the bridge and be at the bar.
Congratulations on the ship, she's a beaut.

You got a name for her yet? Not now and not for a long while yet, but eventually we will be able to put the ships name on the hull - the 600i concept sale had the special offer for non-credit purchases (fresh cash) to reserve your ship name and have it exclusively on the 600 series. Other ships like the Mustang etc could still have it, but your 600i would be the only one with that name, so if you do think of a name for it bear in mind there may be someone who has already got it reserved from the concept sale :)

Forgot your password?