Questions for Foundry 42 visit

Thiago Marinho

Rear Admiral
Mar 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Thiago
As best I can recall, no sauce sorry, there is a hard limit on how many friends you can have in your instance and it will be about half the overall instance limit
Sorry, I know that's not the point of the thread. If the game mechanics work like you suggested, that already make it really easy to invade enemy space.. on a fair 1:1 fight i imagine the human pilots would own the AI vandull... Anyone here considered joining operation pitchfork? at the beginning? Seems like a fun mission.

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
Sorry, I know that's not the point of the thread. If the game mechanics work like you suggested, that already make it really easy to invade enemy space.. on a fair 1:1 fight i imagine the human pilots would own the AI vandull... Anyone here considered joining operation pitchfork? at the beginning? Seems like a fun mission.
Urghh. God damn NDA's

Reactions: The Chaos Pope

Thiago Marinho

Rear Admiral
Mar 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Thiago
You are teasing us! lol!

Hey, could you offer an informed opinion if we can realistically expect sq42 still this year? Dont break the clauses on the NDA, just offer your personal opinion :)

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
Ok, so I can't exactly give out any estimates because that would easily be biased!

BUT

I can say this:

How many employees do you think are working for CIG in the UK alone? As they are the main guys on SQ42

Give me your best guess and I'll tell you the number later this evening.

the_angry_angel

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
the_angry_angel
What was with the terrible cringey dialogue during the FPS reveal a few months back? Who's terrible idea was it, and how do we recruit them into TEST?

Edit: Shit. I missed the boat on this one. Well. Fuck.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
How many employees do you think are working for CIG in the UK alone? As they are the main guys on SQ42

Give me your best guess and I'll tell you the number later this evening.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Yeah I know man. I feel like such a tease!

But rest assured. If you had any doubts whatsoever, forget about them. Shit is real and shit is amazing.

This guy takes the fall if shits not amazing !

Reactions: the_angry_angel

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
Another thing dropped that I tried out on my visit, so I'm free to talk about it!

The flight tutorial landing mission on broken star. I was the first to try this out on the visit (the XPLOR guys were a bit timid). And I actually crashed straight into a wall! There was also another bug that caused the canopy of the gladius to be stuck open slightly.

I met the guys who worked on the level design of the hangar and the guys who 'created' the tutorial guidelines. Interesting note - all the lights of the same colour are actually a prefab of the same light. So let's say they wanted to change the colour of one, it would change it for all of them.

Another interesting thing - now that it's out people will start dissecting the files and figure it out. This hangar is one of the first published in game areas built with the new memory system used on the gladius damage system. To put it into perspective, the VRAM needed by the new gladius is 10% of traditional similar sized ships.

I'll post more info whenever it's released by CIG ;)

Reactions: Tooterfish

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
To put it into perspective, the VRAM needed by the new gladius is 10% of traditional similar sized ships.
Holy crap. THIS is going to make massive engagements much more doable. Hell, it'll even make racing more fun, when your computer doesn't shit a brick as soon as someone love taps a ring.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
This makes space hugs all the more fun, hell, we can do GROUP SPACE HUGS!!!!! (3 PC ships dying at once would crash SC, without fail on my machine)

Forgot your password?