RSI Handle
AramSolari

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It's going to be interesting to see how they fix this, now that lots of people have spent a crap ton of the extra funds, when we were never told what to expect... . I'm on the side of doing nothing, they're going to wipe auec next patch anyway. Let some people have some fun.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
It's going to be interesting to see how they fix this, now that lots of people have spent a crap ton of the extra funds, when we were never told what to expect... . I'm on the side of doing nothing, they're going to wipe auec next patch anyway. Let some people have some fun.
They may as well just leave it, as you mentioned another wipe is coming (soon), so let people buy the ships they didn't have (or couldn't afford) to try them out for an extended period of time and buy components etc. I picked up a 600i having never flown one, and was impressed, so if I get to keep it i'll try different components and see what can be done with it (As opposed to renting a ship and not being able to swap components etc).

Edit: Logged in...they took it all. Wallet reset just have starting money and any item I purchased since the patch dropped...such as my 600i BITCHES! hahaha

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Update:

aUEC reset. Just have the starting money I normally have...still have my recently picked up 600i and any gear I purchased, so that's a bonus (unless that's going also).

6odguw.jpg

Last edited:

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The warning was appreciated - I hadn't planned to log on so early today, but saw the post and decided I'd better spend up - I just hated having to work out what to spend it on.

Importantly, I had already purchased a ROC when the reset hit (Was buying armor when it snuck up on me, and suddenly I couldn't afford the Novikov armor despite balance on screen saying I could - I had just bought 2 full sets of ARIL armor (for yellow HUD) and found my blance was a little over 10k).

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
The warning was appreciated - I hadn't planned to log on so early today, but saw the post and decided I'd better spend up - I just hated having to work out what to spend it on.

Importantly, I had already purchased a ROC when the reset hit (Was buying armor when it snuck up on me, and suddenly I couldn't afford the Novikov armor despite balance on screen saying I could - I had just bought 2 full sets of ARIL armor (for yellow HUD) and found my blance was a little over 10k).
I saw the post and logged in to buy a few more big ticket items, but it had already happened...oh well. Apart from the ship..which was nice, the only important thing I bought was a mining laser head for quant (licence to print aUEC)

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Meanwhile the revolt and uprising has begun haha..

I gave it an upvote for the author's enthusiasm and passion for his chosen topic.

meanwhile.png

EDIT: As expected it was nuked.

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
There is so much salt on Spectrum right now you could probably power Earth with it for a century.
I was away for an hour....the flood gates are open haha

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I had just bought FPS stuff for the weekend, all still there. It is play money in a game I enjoy playing to pretend to make money so I have to admit I just don't care one way or the other.
Yeah anything purchased stays (like my 600i...so far) they did say if you "bought four Hammerheads, when you log in next three may be gone" As long as I can afford a mining head for my prospector, everything else will eventually follow.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Well, I've certainly been "punished" for buying ships with my windfall since they did a reset:
  • Took pledge cutlass black out, loaded with loot from several mining outposts while doing an 8k redwind 3 box mission. Bought laranite at final stop (could afford around 6 SCU worth). Couldn't access ship inv, so bed-logged. Logged back in, ship sank into landing pad and disappeared with all cargo and loot.
  • Logged out and back, 24 credits balance - cutlass black not retrievable, so grabbed a nomad and went to look at new abandoned outpost. Loaded up and bed-logged as server wasn't responding well.
  • Logged back in, 11.7k credits balance - looked around some more. Server 30k.
  • Logged in again, was able to retrieve nomad - went back to see outpost in daylight, refueling nomad on the way, after selling some ship inv. Headed to outpost, removed 4 NPC's and looted some stuff. Trying to loot bodies I had placed in back of nomad, ship inv was not responding - game crashed.
  • Logged in and saw balance had again reset to 11.7k, despite earlier sales and refueling, so desided not to sell backpack loot and to give game a few days to stabilise - I didn't want to sell 50k of Dolovine and have funds reset next log-in.

Now to work out what to play instead of SC for the next few days until they get this credit balance thing fixed.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well, this was stupid. There really is zero reason to reset our play money at this point when it gets wiped in 4 months anyways. Data would have been still just as valuable if not more so, just like that enthusiastic spectrum poster said. I really can't think of anything else at this point other then what he says, it's just greed. I wonder if I'll still have my Warden and 70+ sets of combat armor and weapons.

Also they have multiple events running that requires the players spend a shit load of in game auec for weapons, ammo, missiles,repairs. NOT real money. Now instead of gearing up relatively fast for the Siege of Orison, 80% of the player base will be spending that time grinding out the usual bunker or bounty missions to have enough for armor and weapons and ammo for it, and will most likely have to miss out on the fun. The worst thing you can do with an MMO is making it chore instead of a fun activity, and they are well on their way there.
Again, this reset was unnecessary and stupid.

Forgot your password?