Racing Division - POLL: Vote for our logo - 6 variants.

Which logo do you think matches the best. Closes 28th of september.

• https://i.gyazo.com/d111ed617fc1cb120e738f61e3503a8e.png

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Poll pictures (CLICKY for big picture!):
1 2 3 4 5 6

(The text will be changed to "Test Racing")

Hi and welcome folks to Test Racing*

*place holder (sry for the yellow text if anyone uses white background?)

We're going official!
Montoya and staff blesses the racing division.

"This will be the best division in the game"
- Important Person

We've done phenominal this patch on leaderboards:

In general as an organisation:

Individually as pilots:

Test is all over Old Vanderval:

Rikkord Memorial as well:

Defford Link...

But to become a division there are two more things we need:

1. Name
A proper name we can all race under:
My suggestion is Test Racing. It's short, simple and solid.
We would however like to hear your ideas.
Post your name ideas below and we'll pick yours if you can do better than Test Racing :)

2. LOGO
We need a proper logo that lets us easily identify as part of the racing division, but ALSO shows we're test.
That said, if we can't get anything better than these two examples here, then we're gonna run with one of them:
Posting picture twice because some people get errors - hmm... second one has a bright white eye burning background though...

The first logo "TTR" (Team Test Racing) was made on our very own and shares only colors and name with test.

The second one however has the test outerlayer which could help unify and umbrella divisions under a gathered test, while still keeping that individual spirit of each division.

We'd love to get help, even if you're someone who isn't necessarily going to join the racing division.

Things I'd like to see in the logo but not necessarily necessary (yes I actually wrote that):
Clean and simple
Black and yellow
Fast and furious
Vectorized - so we can scale it to any size.

Last edited:

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Racing weeks.
If there would be an interest in it, we could hold some racing events every second week or so.
In the first few weeks we could focus on training with a couple of races and later on

The only two requirements are:

A. You must be a test member
B. You have be willing to earn the Rental Points for the ship we'll be flying if you don't own it already.

Training weeks:
I'd like to get perhaps 2 groups going at once. People will be divided by attitude, not actual skill.

Raw cut I'd like to maybe make groups of "casuals" and "competitive" people. If we don't get enough people to make multiple groups, then do not despair, we'll do a mix.

Basics:
setup and the good racing start.

Advanced:
Learning the tracks
Flying your ship the most effective

Expert:
Managing Black/Red-outs
Drift

During such training, I wouldn't mind just self-destructing my ship from the get-go to enter spectator mode just to give pointers as to raise the over-all level of test pilots as fast as possible.

Competition weeks:
As updates happen the servers will get more and more stable we could slowly begin to hold our own little events - competitive racing, prices, we could include streamers.

Right now we need a few more features to really do this. Desyncs with servers also gives a large amount of problems.

Make a racing video week!
When it was only Eiyron, Myre and me. We need a newer and better version of this with more of you, if not ALL of you guys in there! ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether you're competitive or casual I think all people could find something cool in a few training weeks.

Reasons to join (not join?):
1. You'll become a better racer.
2. You'll get yet another thing to have in common with fellow testies. - Friendships will be made!
3. You'll fly with a relatively large group of testies only - In house competition is more fun.
4. NO OTHER DIVISION WILL CRASH AS MUCH AS THIS ONE!

Last edited:

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
1. Test Racing seems fine to me. Maybe we can come up with a subtitle or something similar to "Test Squadron - Best Squardon" or "Test Squadron - Test Pilots Needed!"

EDIT: Test Racing - We Come First! | Test Racing - Almost Always Come First! | Test Racing - We Come First 42% Of The Time!

2. First image is currently broken for me but if its the one you guys have been putting in your videos I like it. The second one is a lot more Testy and I think goes with our overall theme more. Definitely needs some cleanup and vectored as mentioned and I haven't done that crap since high school. So I'd say a cleaned up second image would be the one to go with or something really close to it.

3. I'm glad we've seen an increase in racers again. I know when I first joined Test it was heavily influenced by seeing Shive, Eiyron and Myre up at the top and the other part was heavily being under the influence. There were also quite a few guys at the top and I always maintained top 100 up until recently since I've aimed higher. This patch and the climb has definitely been different than just learning how to win in an 8 man race and causes a lot more crashes but much more rewarding. I hope we can fill the top 25 - 50 with even more of us. I know the GIM (Game Instance Manager) is being a jerk these days and both public and private matches take more time than it used to, but it's always a good idea to do some sim racing and keep working on the rings that give you the most trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: o-BHG-o

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I agree that TEST Racing is a good name right now and I like the current logo you have.

I said it before but for the record here I'll say that if Rock Raiders becomes official I'd be happy to help sponsor TEST Racing, even if I have to do it out of my character's pocket. I'd be happy to turn our industrial might toward getting you guys set up with transports and supplies as long as it doesn't take too much away from our overall goals and objectives.

Crash on Shive bro.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Racing Division - We're going official
Way to go guys! You deserve it. TEST racing has really accomplished a lot.

I like the first logo. It is classier, distinct and less utilitarian than the squadron logo. Everything the TEST racing logo should be IMO. I like the bird idea but I am partial to a diving one cause its faster. : )
Here are some logos

On another note, I'm really glad we are getting official groups started. I understand most divisions will have to wait because the mechanics haven't been introduced but we have racing at least and its a fantastic start. Maybe we can get a preliminary combat group too. : D

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Oh and just my opinion, logo should have a Hawk in it, just sayin ;)
Some sort of fast creature would be cool. I think the guy giving opinions about the logo should also get an avatar for the site. ;)

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
Way to go guys! You deserve it. TEST racing has really accomplished a lot.

I like the first logo. It is classier, distinct and less utilitarian than the squadron logo. Everything the TEST racing logo should be IMO. I like the bird idea but I am partial to a diving one cause its faster. : )
Here are some logos

On another note, I'm really glad we are getting official groups started. I understand most divisions will have to wait because the mechanics haven't been introduced but we have racing at least and its a fantastic start. Maybe we can get a preliminary combat group too. : D

Can I Have this in Black and Yellow
Also Yellow and Black please ? :) Thank you

Reactions: Black Sunder

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I can't really fly yet but great content TESTies!
I like the bird/animal idea. Could maybe make it fit in a comet shape? Just an idea, I like it as it is.

Edit: looking again it is kinda comety, so, yay.

I am behind grouping up officially for content that is available now. I'd like to see star marine groups following suit.
Never mind games mechanics, it would just be nice to get social and organise a bit. If it all changes we'll adapt and already have some cohesiveness and brand image.
Mark Nkatos words though!

<insert F1 engine roar>

Reactions: Space Monkey

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Hi and welcome folks to Test Racing*
*place holder (sry for the yellow text if anyone uses white background?)

We're going official!
Montoya and staff blesses the racing division.

"This will be the best division in the game"
- Important Person

We've done phenominal this patch on leaderboards:

In general as an organisation:

Individually as pilots:

Test is all over Old Vanderval:

Rikkord Memorial as well:

Defford Link...

But to become a division there are two more things we need:

1. Name
A proper name we can all race under:
My suggestion is Test Racing. It's short, simple and solid.
We would however like to hear your ideas.
Post your name ideas below and we'll pick yours if you can do better than Test Racing :)

2. LOGO
We need a proper logo that lets us easily identify as part of the racing division, but ALSO shows we're test.
That said, if we can't get anything better than these two examples here, then we're gonna run with one of them:
Posting picture twice because some people get errors - hmm... second one has a bright white eye burning background though...

The first logo "TTR" (Team Test Racing) was made on our very own and shares only colors and name with test.

The second one however has the test outerlayer which could help unify and umbrella divisions under a gathered test, while still keeping that individual spirit of each division.

We'd love to get help, even if you're someone who isn't necessarily going to join the racing division.

Things I'd like to see in the logo but not necessarily necessary (yes I actually wrote that):
Clean and simple
Black and yellow
Fast and furious
Vectorized - so we can scale it to any size.

They don't have a picture with like a raptor on roller blades or something ? Would that be your mascot too ?! XD

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Maybe if we had some sort of waterfowl as our logo bird? Also... MY EYES!!! YOU YELLOW TEXT USING MONSTERS!!! UGGHHH!!!
Seriously.. the worst..

Forgot your password?