Redeemer 2020

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I feel like the Redeemer doesn't fit ANY of the manufacturers to be honest, its a ship on its own imo. Ya I can see people being upset if they change it to much, also like everything else I think their going to jack the price up to 300+ which will piss people off also. CIG put themselves into the frying pan by letting it sit for so long, now they have to adjust prices so it fits with other ships in same class, they cant tweak it to much without pissing off an entire community.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I feel like the Redeemer doesn't fit ANY of the manufacturers to be honest, its a ship on its own imo. Ya I can see people being upset if they change it to much, also like everything else I think their going to jack the price up to 300+ which will piss people off also. CIG put themselves into the frying pan by letting it sit for so long, now they have to adjust prices so it fits with other ships in same class, they cant tweak it to much without pissing off an entire community.
I'm wondering if it fits in the Aegis line up like the Gemini does. A bastard child built between two manufacturers with much more DNA from the other maker living under that Aegis badge than one would expect...?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Redeemer has a very unique design and I'm worry that the rework could spoil it, but if that is the fist idea of how the rework will be I'm very happy: it keeps the original flavor but it looks like it's more polished and clean..
The problem is in part that the Aegis style guide emerged as a thing after this design. The other Aegis ships already shared enough in common that the brand came together, but this really looks more MISC to me. Still, seems they are pursuing it. This was in the 3.9.1 leaks. I'm shocked it appears they're leaving the engines in. I'll be more shocked if they stay.

I hope they didn't lose the cargo boom in the rear stem. That was very cool. And yes, the rear turret does get rid of the blind spots, something that CIG had mandated for the original competition. Pretty sure they changed the rear wings from downward sloping to upward sloping to get them out of the rear turret field of fire. Makes this more deadly. Still needs S4s, IMHO. 6 S4s and the rear turret S3s and I could toy with replacing the Sentinel. . .well, maybe not.
Yeah I agree. Chris simply does not feel the design fits with the rest of the line.

Changing the shape to make it fit in would piss off all the original buyers, so they just leave it hanging in the wind.
It looks to me that CIG is attempting to shift its overall styling to fit closer towards the Vanguard series instead of the more MISC like bubble features.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I always felt like when I looked at this ship, the nacelle engine system always felt to me like it didn't fit in with any of the designs or manufacturers in the game, I think this is why CIG is reluctant to put it in the game as is, because it doesn't look like any of them and they kind of want it uniform.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .also like everything else I think their going to jack the price up to 300+ which will piss people off. . .
It won't piss off the people who already bought it. Recall, the Harbinger is already up to $290 so you should expect the Redeemer to be at least $315. It's a five person ship. If they put the right guns on it and make it fast enough, they can get $400 easily. Certainly after such a long wait they need to deliver something way past the Vanguard line. I still expect something very hot, near impossible to stealth, but that can chase down dog-fighters. Something like the Gat 12 Skipray Blastboat:
1589749295143.png

Attachments

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
IIRC CIG said they at one point they were toying with reducing or eliminating the 6 jump seats and focusing on it being an actual gunship instead of dropship, since we have the Valkyrie, Prowler, and Vanguard Hoplite covering those bases pretty well.

People have been begging for a dedicated anti-fighter gunboat (well, another one since we have the Hammerhead at the large end of the "fuck you" spectrum) and it looks like they may get their wish.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Incidentaly, the HH looks disturbingly like the Scimitar, which was a very close runner-up for the starship contest the Redeemer won. Many folks think the Scimitar should have won, and in a sense it did when they made the HH, though the Scimitar was a much better design than the stupid hollow center they gave the HH. I love the size and funcntion of the HH but I would never buy one becasue it is an idiotic design, that puts none of the mass where it belongs. The Scimitar got this right.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
My original LTI concept sale redeemer is now a prowler. Was not expecting any updates on redeemer for a long time.

I always liked this ship, spent alot of time looking at it in a hangar. It's looking even sexier now.

I might have some fleet shuffling to think about soon.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Am I ever glad I have one sitting in my hangar.
Yeah I agree. Chris simply does not feel the design fits with the rest of the line.

Changing the shape to make it fit in would piss off all the original buyers, so they just leave it hanging in the wind.
But it's Alpha... Lol

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I really liked the show, so many nice designs, but I never really felt like this one belonged in SC. I was not happy that this won. It's... just not the right style. Too alien, too manga, too fake... the rework looks nicer but ofc it's getting fatter with every iteration.
It feels useless as a gunship. Where's the space for guns or gunners? Those size1-2 looking turrets hanging off of it look weak, and are probably easy to damage, even by accident while landing. The unprotected huge nacelles which make it impossible for side gunners to fire at anything, make an easy target for ground troops. One hit from a railgun and it's bye bye...
Strip the guns, make it a bit more fat and armor it up, larger ramp at the back, and turn it into a small fast troop transport for the regular commandos or something. Not as fancy as that alien blackops transport, and so it's much cheaper and fits into the military lineup better.
Make a civvi version for fast cargo running/smuggling.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oh dear the R word. I sense a lot of disappointed testes I am going to have to hold tightly into my bosom and tell them it's all gonna be alright. (even if I know it isn't...)

Mummy Butuz's wise Redeemer words:
She is gonna be $400+
She is gonna be different to what you bought into
She is either gonna get nailed and be awesome, or be one big disappointment.
She aint coming till 2021 at the earliest.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The problem is in part that the Aegis style guide emerged as a thing after this design. The other Aegis ships already shared enough in common that the brand came together, but this really looks more MISC to me. Still, seems they are pursuing it. This was in the 3.9.1 leaks. I'm shocked it appears they're leaving the engines in. I'll be more shocked if they stay.

I hope they didn't lose the cargo boom in the rear stem. That was very cool. And yes, the rear turret does get rid of the blind spots, something that CIG had mandated for the original competition. Pretty sure they changed the rear wings from downward sloping to upward sloping to get them out of the rear turret field of fire. Makes this more deadly. Still needs S4s, IMHO. 6 S4s and the rear turret S3s and I could toy with replacing the Sentinel. . .well, maybe not.
It has 4 S4's and 6 S3's in the image. Those are Revenants, not GT-220.

Forgot your password?