Roadmap: where did the Cutty Blue go?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And more than 80% of those infected never have any symptoms.
Even with the UK's higher than average and the US and Germany's much lower than average fatality rate, it is still highly unlikely that anyone involved would be personally impacted.

If you take all the cases in the US and put them all in the New York City Metropolitan area, instead of spread across the country, it still isn't a significant part of the population of 20 to 50 million.
Yes, because social distancing works. But your US cases are still skyrocketing.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
And more than 80% of those infected never have any symptoms.
Even with the UK's higher than average and the US and Germany's much lower than average fatality rate, it is still highly unlikely that anyone involved would be personally impacted.

If you take all the cases in the US and put them all in the New York City Metropolitan area, instead of spread across the country, it still isn't a significant part of the population of 20 to 50 million.
CIG staff have already lost loved ones and family. I will not link my evidence out of respect for those effected, I am not using their sorrow to make a point on the Internet. If you need to, see the Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread where this was raised.

By your own figures it's going to have a 20% direct effect rate, that's one working day in every five. If we double that for indirect effects like having to look after dependents and the effect that colleagues off sick or looking after dependents has on a department and that's 40% or two days in every week.

TL;DR: There will be more than a 2 day impact.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, I choose to look at the current events, the magnitude of those events, how they might impact those involved in the development process & show a lot more patience with those working on SC because I care about this project getting done right to the best of their abilities. While my doing so probably won't help speed things up any faster in any way, it also won't place any more stress on anybody & most everybody is already under enough stress as it is for various reasons. If anybody wants, they are welcome to feel that this is a fault of mine, but if this is an error, I'd rather err in this way than not.

• Love
Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Look we all know they were significantly behind as it was, judging by the percentages being behind on the roadmap constantly, and things being moved out and into 4.0 and 4.1.

Covid has not helped the situation. I think keyboard warrioring as per Richard is not really going to help anyone either!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Look we all know they were significantly behind as it was, judging by the percentages being behind on the roadmap constantly, and things being moved out and into 4.0 and 4.1.

Covid has not helped the situation. I think keyboard warrioring as per Richard is not really going to help anyone either!
Funny, today's Inside Star Citizen basically agrees with me.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Funny, today's Inside Star Citizen basically agrees with me.
I won't bother listing all the points now I have seen ISC, however your interpretation is delightfully unique. Keep on being Glorious, Mr. Bong. 👍

TL;DR: There will be more than a 2 day impact.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker

pretty decent vid that goes over the exterior and interior.

Full disclosure: I have had a Cutlass since Kickstarter. Digital Pirate Pack baby! I have also had an (unapplied) Black -> Blue upgrade sitting in my hangar since it was first offered in 2014.

As it stands now I will be melting that upgrade and never getting a Blue. Why? Because as it stands right now the Blue is a laughably bad investment.

Let's look at what the Blue adds, for a 50% (or more, who knows?) price increase
- A unique round cockpit
- lights that go blinky blink
- A blue paint job, which you should be able to change if you want
- 12 prisoner holding cells (that on paper can still be fitted to any other Cutlass, assuming modularity comes in before the heat death of the universe.)
- A Quantum Dampener device (that may or may not be able to be outfitted on another Cutlass, sources vary)

3 cosmetic things and 2 things that on paper can be equipped on a Black or Red. To top it off the Blue removes the jump seats so you can't even bring a boarding party to fill up the 12 cells!

That's it. Originally the Blue was advertised as the gold standard in militia patrol vessels, with most of the Blues being earmarked for that role, and only a limited number were for sale on the open market. It was a more aggressive, higher standard Cutlass.

The Blue had an increased Shield size (at the time S5, matching the Constellation, where the base Cutlass along with Freelancer and Hornet all had an S4), thicker armor, and a slew of better quality stock components (engines, power plant, weapons, etc). It came with 6 cryo-cells (which were HILARIOUSLY poorly scaled, seriously if you want a chuckle look around for the 2014 model interior.) in exchange for half the cargo hold. All of that was to justify the 50% price increase, as it was tougher and meaner than a Black.

I got a Blue because I wanted a Cutlass, but with a bit more oomph. I wanted Slave-I or the Razorback, not a paddy wagon. I cannot forsee myself with 11 bounties in the back, hemming and hawwing about whether I wanna go for number 12 or finally cash them all in. Especially since the Blue still has the singular shield of the Black (which itself is not great, Cutlass should have a combat advantage over the Freelancer due to its role, this is the hill I will die on).

If the Black can equip cells and the QD then all 50 bucks is getting you is a sense of pride and accomplishment. And some blinky lights.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari

Full disclosure: I have had a Cutlass since Kickstarter. Digital Pirate Pack baby! I have also had an (unapplied) Black -> Blue upgrade sitting in my hangar since it was first offered in 2014.

As it stands now I will be melting that upgrade and never getting a Blue. Why? Because as it stands right now the Blue is a laughably bad investment.

Let's look at what the Blue adds, for a 50% (or more, who knows?) price increase
- A unique round cockpit
- 12 prisoner holding cells (that on paper can still be fitted to any other Cutlass, assuming modularity comes in before the heat death of the universe.)
- A Quantum Dampener device (that may or may not be able to be outfitted on another Cutlass, sources vary)

3 cosmetic things and 2 things that on paper can be equipped on a Black or Red. To top it off the Blue removes the jump seats so you can't even bring a boarding party to fill up the 12 cells!

That's it. Originally the Blue was advertised as the gold standard in militia patrol vessels, with most of the Blues being earmarked for that role, and only a limited number were for sale on the open market. It was a more aggressive, higher standard Cutlass.

The Blue had an increased Shield size (at the time S5, matching the Constellation, where the base Cutlass along with Freelancer and Hornet all had an S4), thicker armor, and a slew of better quality stock components (engines, power plant, weapons, etc). It came with 6 cryo-cells (which were HILARIOUSLY poorly scaled, seriously if you want a chuckle look around for the 2014 model interior.) in exchange for half the cargo hold. All of that was to justify the 50% price increase, as it was tougher and meaner than a Black.

I got a Blue because I wanted a Cutlass, but with a bit more oomph. I wanted Slave-I or the Razorback, not a paddy wagon. I cannot forsee myself with 11 bounties in the back, hemming and hawwing about whether I wanna go for number 12 or finally cash them all in. Especially since the Blue still has the singular shield of the Black (which itself is not great, Cutlass should have a combat advantage over the Freelancer due to its role, this is the hill I will die on).

If the Black can equip cells and the QD then all 50 bucks is getting you is a sense of pride and accomplishment. And some blinky lights.
Yeah I'm not sold. I suppose one of the issues is that the whole bountry hunter gameplay loop just doesn't exist yet. Maybe the ship will be more attractive once that's in but as it is, there's nothing that really draws me to it. That said the QED is interesting though.

It's not a bounty hunter ship at all but combat wise, have you looked into the Freelancer MIS?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

@AntiSqueaker , if you'd like, instead of melting that long time CCU from Black -> Blue, I'd be willing to buy it off you if your price is reasonable 1 TESTie to another.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

- A unique round cockpit

That's....Disappointing. it looked damn nice in BoredGamers video, but this synopsis kinda breaks my heart. :thump:

@AntiSqueaker , if you'd like, instead of melting that long time CCU from Black -> Blue, I'd be willing to buy it off you if your price is reasonable 1 TESTie to another.
My friend, if Mr @AntiSqueaker doesn't sell you the black to blue CCU, I have one you can grab for face value. It's in buybacks, so I imagine the price in it will increase in there next bit here. Let me know.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That's....Disappointing. it looked damn nice in BoredGamers video, but this synopsis kinda breaks my heart. :thump:

My friend, if Mr @AntiSqueaker doesn't sell you the black to blue CCU, I have one you can grab for face value. It's in buybacks, so I imagine the price in it will increase in there next bit here. Let me know.
I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from @AntiSqueaker as I'd rather his CCU find a good home instead of being melted & he end up with real money instead of just store credit. I thank you for your offer either way. It's greatly appreciated.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from @AntiSqueaker as I'd rather his CCU find a good home instead of being melted & he end up with real money instead of just store credit. I thank you for your offer either way. It's greatly appreciated.
My pleasure. And I totally agree, his CCU should find a good home. Let me know. :)

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
@Talonsbane I bought it with credit ages ago, so its not applicable for a transfer unfortunately. Thanks for the interest though!
No worries my wonderful friend @AntiSqueaker . I just thought that you'd enjoy the money instead of the Creds, but I failed to think that you purchased it with creds. LoL Silly me. May whatever you pick up with the creds from melting it make you all the more happy with that purchase.

Forgot your password?