RSI APOLLO = NEW CONCEPT SHIP

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I know it is 24h but It had been 6 hrs since I bought it when I decided to melt it. thus 18h remaining. I now have an LTI Medevac (via upgrade). Am happy now.

Considering the number of combat ships available it makes sense that RSI is releasing more of the non-combat/support ships.
Awesome :D Yeah I agree I been waiting for more non combat ship
It's been to much directed toward fighting and killing...
That's not a living universe that's Anarchy as in a shooter game..
And that I already have more of than I play already.....
Really nice to see some changes toward a living universe as lately mining, scrap and now medic...
Think this is going to be awesome :D

:beer: :beers: :beer:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I know it is 24h but It had been 6 hrs since I bought it when I decided to melt it. thus 18h remaining. I now have an LTI Medevac (via upgrade). Am happy now.

Considering the number of combat ships available it makes sense that RSI is releasing more of the non-combat/support ships.
Well done on getting it through, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Have you chosen a name for it yet? I would suggest on appropriate name for could be Ouroboros - the snake/dragon that ate its tail and went on like this for all eternity, a symbol of eternal return or cycling forever... very fitting for an LTI ship, especially one you had to melt or "eat" to get it the way you like it :slight_smile:

Last edited:

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
So after sucking a ton, I ended up winning the game. Super tempted to get the alt variant. All my stuff is combat oriented. Medical game play sounds way fun/ could be nice to change things up every now and then. I got through August to think about it I guess! would get me to first level concierge too lol.

high scores.png

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
Well done on getting it through, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Have you chosen a name for it yet? I would suggest on appropriate name for could be Ouroboros - the snake/dragon that ate its tail and went on like this for all eternity, a symbol of eternal return or cycling forever... very fitting for an LTI ship, especially one you had to melt or "eat" to get it the way you like it :slight_smile:
The Norse version , Jörmungandr, would be more my style

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I have bought a ccu for the variant. I am just not that convinced there is much difference between them. When you see medium armour and heavy armour you sort of think one is like a third better, but I bet its not that significant. Maybe the ability to survive even one extra hit is worth the loss in speed? The weaponry is kind of pointless as in both cases it is not enough to actually fight. I am thinking of just getting the ccu for the red one instead as I prefer the colour scheme. I initially bought it as I thought might as well since I got past that game but yellow tinted glass?

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
This ship has like no means to fight and it is this that gives the cutlass red some functionality. Whether you go for the armoured variant or not this ship has all the hallmarks of wanting to avoid any fight and is in no way designed to recover people from a combat zone. I do not in anyway believe people who are prepared to shoot ships down will go ah ambulance ship let him pass.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This ship has like no means to fight and it is this that gives the cutlass red some functionality. Whether you go for the armoured variant or not this ship has all the hallmarks of wanting to avoid any fight and is in no way designed to recover people from a combat zone. I do not in anyway believe people who are prepared to shoot ships down will go ah ambulance ship let him pass.
And yet battlefield ambulances have little in the way of turrets...

I love the film Ice Cold In Alex. That was a battlefield ambulance.

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
regarding myself,
If i see a médical ship pass by i will never shoot at it, just because i might need it sooner or later

Reactions: Mich Angel

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well in real life it costs more resources by far to deal with injured than dead, so yeah let them waste resources fixing people!

Reactions: Mich Angel

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
The Apollo is essentially a MASH in a ship, it is not in any way designed for combat, it has light defensive capabilities mostly point defense. The idea is they go into an area after the fight has been won or has moved and retrieve casualties, not to fight their way through the thick of the scrap and pick them up. IMO the red is more oriented towards ground based or station based marine style assaults as a cas-evac to an Apollo or endeavor. Trying to use either of them as a combat ship is just plain dumb

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What he said. It's worth noting that most often we don't put even a single machine gun on ambulances and troop transports because we don't want to encourage anyone to put them at risk. There have been plenty of folks want to put a belly mounted chain gun on the MV-22, but that will probably never happen because the brass don't want that bird going where anyone would take a shot at it. The moment you rely on an arm for any task, you have placed the asset in a position to be shot at, and that is not the place of a troop transport or ambulance.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
What he said. It's worth noting that most often we don't put even a single machine gun on ambulances and troop transports because we don't want to encourage anyone to put them at risk. There have been plenty of folks want to put a belly mounted chain gun on the MV-22, but that will probably never happen because the brass don't want that bird going where anyone would take a shot at it. The moment you rely on an arm for any task, you have placed the asset in a position to be shot at, and that is not the place of a troop transport or ambulance.
That is so right, like wartime you use armed shoppers(Cutlass RED) to fly in low fast pick up wounded in combat areas, do the basic survival on the way to field hospital (Apollo) that is outside combat area and mostly safe and can evacuate fast if threaten.

:beers: :beer:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Yeah! I got one, a Medivac and a bunch of CCU to both version tho I would only use the Medivac.. Looks damn good that ship :smile:

Forgot your password?