RSI APOLLO = NEW CONCEPT SHIP

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
I'm thinking of melting my Nova and upgrading my super hornet to buy the White one, to complement my Endeavour Hope, but its my Super hornet, the first ship I bought. Or I could melt my orion I'm not all that fussed on mining anyhow, I don't know why I bought it to start with. I hate this game

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
This is CooL... :beers: :beer:

This ship I like a lot, sure hope we can change color at ships at some time further up the road.

So the Medivac is the one to get tho I like em both might just go for one of each...

But yeah... the mini game ha ha ha.. easy peasy...

Think I overdid it a bit in the mini game ha ha ha.... :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Apollo-Minigame.PNG

That wasn't to hard :smile: So I have a new title "Guardian Angel"... :smirk: hmm... :thinking: that was fitting :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beers::beer::beers::beer:

Last edited:

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
Bye bye Orion and Nova tank Hello Apollo Medevac and Cutlass Red. I have too many ships, I need more ships. I hate this game.

Edit: I just noticed theres no LTI on the Apollo only 6 months... annoying

/Hammerhead/ /Super Hornet/ /Endeavour - Hope/ /Apollo - Medevac/ /Cutlass - Red/

Speedkills

Admiral
Oct 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Speedkills
I think I've warmed up to this ship, even after all the disturbing images of what I thought it looked like. I figure in TEST we'll have a lot of use for it scraping up Aurora pilots and nursing them back to health. I just can't decide red (faster with less guns) or Jetfire (more armor and missiles) for an extra $25.

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
Anyone else notice that the Medevac only has 6 months while the Triage has LTI? or did I just get a lemon?

edit NVM the warbond edition has LTI the melty version doesn't...rude

I think I've warmed up to this ship, even after all the disturbing images of what I thought it looked like. I figure in TEST we'll have a lot of use for it scraping up Aurora pilots and nursing them back to health. I just can't decide red (faster with less guns) or Jetfire (more armor and missiles) for an extra $25.
I went with more guns and armor its not that much slower 195 m/s vs 205 m/s or 702 km/h vs 738 km/h or 436 mph vs 458 mph or 379 knts vs 398 knts

Last edited:

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I thought about getting one, but it does not fit my chosen career path. Wanting to go Mining and Exploration, with a bit of Salvage on the side.
i'm in the same boat as far as what I want to do (with space trucker thrown in). I still am looking at one of these though. i'm hoping I could be part of combat action but on the periphery, patching people up to get back into the fight

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
I have to admit I'm a little pissed off with the lack of LTI on the non warbond version of the ship, We pay $25 extra to lose LTI . I'm probably being over sensitive

Reactions: Mich Angel

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Having seen the Endeavor Hope available in one of the expansive packages I 'Hoped' (see what I did there) the modules might be available...

Nope, it's not an Endeavor sale, so I gotta hold on until November. I have a module-less endeavor right now :D

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have to admit I'm a little pissed off with the lack of LTI on the non warbond version of the ship, We pay $25 extra to lose LTI . I'm probably being over sensitive
You're not being oversensitive, it was bought in during the 100i sale (I think it was the 100i sale?).

The reason given was due to complaints from veteran backers being salty that LTI had been continued past the original kick starter, which was going to be only a perk for backing in the beginning kick-starter but then continued, they were VERY vocal about it since. This was to appease them, so I guess the moral of the story here is be careful what you bitch about because you have NO control over how a remedy is implemented.

Now, sir, please bend over, it's time for your medicine via suppository.

I'm not saying CIG did it as a malicious action - LTI is a perk for backing - this ensures it's not a perk for filling your buy-back with store-credit bought LTI tokens, buying melting and buying again over and over, to sell on the gray market later for profit...

My advice is to hold on to that sweeeeet Apollo, the next cheap LTI ship sale that happens (like the 100i) grab one or two, and then the next time the Apollo is available for CCU melt the 6 month one you have and CCU one of the cheap LTI ships to make an LTI Apollo. It's gonna be a long waiting game, I waited the best part of half a year to make an LTI 350R...

...Or, if you are very quick, dive in to the market place here on TEST Squadron forum and ask if anyone has a cheap LTI token ship - a lot of the time a TESTie will sell at, or close to, cost price to help a bro out, then use your store credit from melting the Apollo you have to CCU the cheap LTI ship to it. This is how I have an LTI Constellation Taurus :slight_smile:

EDIT - As you went for the Medivac version, be careful if you intend to wait and use an LTI token the next time it is available - The Medivac might come back, or it might be a Concept Sale special never to return... Despite my above advice, Don't Panic! LTI is nice, but it is not going to be the end of the world if you don't have it. What good is LTI if it turns out 6 months insurance costs 1000 UEC in the final game :slight_smile: we don't know yet, but please don't let it effect your happiness. I have a Herald with 6 months, I'm not massively happy about it but until the game launches, I honestly don't know if it's a problem or not.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
and now I have to wait 18ish hours to melt the one I bought to buy an upgrade, I have a melted LTI ship I can buy back
Great to know you have the option to do it right away :slight_smile:

I understand your frustration, the 18 hours thing is another part of stopping someone from just buying, melting, buying, melting and filling up the buyback to profit later when the ship is rare... I think part of the inconvenience factor of this is due to how some backers did what gamers do - found an exploit and exploited it. Gamers gonna game, whether its a computer game or a sales system. That doesn't help the rest of us, though.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
You know you can just buy only the Apollo CCU's and keep it or melt it for later use when you have the ship you want to CCU from.. preferably a LTI ship

:sunglasses:

If you want to go through the CCU avail for your account for anything that seem interesting,

look here... :smile: :beer: :beer: :beer:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=51&sort=price_asc&search=Apollo&itemType=skus&storefront=pledge&type=extras&

Or you can go to "Pledge Store / Exras / Standalone ships...
Then on left side pull down menu click on "Ship Upgrades"

Then on the right side search type "Appollo" and "enter" then all variation avail for Apollo will be listed..
And click price once so arrow point up then it list from low to high price...

Happy hunting :beer: :beer: :beer:

Side Note: The wait for melting after purchase is 24H and clock start ticking down asap purchase is confirmed....
Rest I think you all figure out by your self :smile:

:beer::beers:

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I like the shape of the frame. If it had an advanced EM Warfare suit available I'd consider it. Not into the medivac role, and not especially happy with the lack of weapons for a bird this size (or any size), but it is sexier than the Connie. Could have made an interesting gunship to compete with the Redeemer. C'est domage.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
I know it is 24h but It had been 6 hrs since I bought it when I decided to melt it. thus 18h remaining. I now have an LTI Medevac (via upgrade). Am happy now.

Considering the number of combat ships available it makes sense that RSI is releasing more of the non-combat/support ships.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?