RSI Phoenix pilots - a question

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi guys - I was looking at the Anniversary Sale Phoenix trying to wok out how many were left in the limited stock when something else caught my attention:

Look at the lowest engine - on my Connie there is a part of the engine about half way along that looks like a thruster but the only the very end of the engine actually has any fire coming out of it... but in this image of the Phoenix variant it does...

Now, I know this is a concept image so it's not necessarily accurate but if I can get any more performance out of my Taurus I'm gonna push for it with engine upgrades etc...

So, Phoenix pilots, does that thruster-looking part about half way along the lower engines actually product thrust and has fire coming out of it on your ships?

(I would go rent one but Mrs 'BobFace doen't want her evening ruining)

Many thanks,

'BobFace.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Hi guys - I was looking at the Anniversary Sale Phoenix trying to wok out how many were left in the limited stock when something else caught my attention:

Look at the lowest engine - on my Connie there is a part of the engine about half way along that looks like a thruster but the only the very end of the engine actually has any fire coming out of it... but in this image of the Phoenix variant it does...

Now, I know this is a concept image so it's not necessarily accurate but if I can get any more performance out of my Taurus I'm gonna push for it with engine upgrades etc...

So, Phoenix pilots, does that thruster-looking part about half way along the lower engines actually product thrust and has fire coming out of it on your ships?

(I would go rent one but Mrs 'BobFace doen't want her evening ruining)

Many thanks,

'BobFace.
i dont play enough to tell you for sure lol, but that is a good point
i think so, but dont quote me on that

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
i dont play enough to tell you for sure lol, but that is a good point
i think so, but dont quote me on that
*Quotes post*

Many thanks for the feedback 🙂

I've always looked at that mid-engine port and thought "Thats whats gonna make this ship a Millennium Falcon style ship for me" so if it doesn't right now I hope it eventually does with some upgrades. Come the Misc sale i'm grabbing a Super Collider to OC the hell out of my ships... I don't know how colliding protons will cause a second thrust point, but i'm going to have fun finding out.

Just bang the protons together and the magic happens.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You can fly it right now and test it out you know. But who knows, the Phoenix is the worst Connie by far.
This is how the conversation with Mrs 'BobFace went:

Me: Honey?
Mrs BF: What?
Me: Can I just go on SC to check out the engines on the Phoenix?
Mrs BF: What?
Me: Can I just go on SC?
Mrs BF: But it's not finished yet!
[helicopter explodes outside]
Me: I need to know!
Mrs BF: Why do you need to know?
Me: I need it!
[rummages under sofa for wireless keyboard]
Mrs BF: Uh-uh! Don't you think about running off doing Star Citizening! We've been planning this dinner for two months!
Me: My knowledge is in danger!
Mrs BF: My evening's in danger!
Me: We are talking about the greater good!
Mrs BF: 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest good you are ever gonna get!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Mrs BF: But it's not finished yet!
Who told Mrs BF? Who didn't explain that "isn't finished yet" doesn't mean that you can't play yet?
We've been planning this dinner for two months!
That however is a very strong argument
I am your wife! I'm the greatest good you are ever gonna get!
whooops, no comment on that one.... well, actually........ there is some greater good. I hope that both of you were nice kids, you know, you will recognize yourself in your kids

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Who told Mrs BF?
Uh... I did whenever there is a glitch that makes it look weird... I fly a 300 series so there are lots of them.

I got on this morning and rented a Pheonix, nope those parts of the engines don't yet produce fire. I told Mrs 'BobFace and she said:

Mrs. BobFace "You know why that is?"
Me "Nope?"
Mrs. BobFace "The game isn't finished yet."

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Concept artwork never matches up perfectly with the final product. It's just that, a concept.
A little theorycraft here and there never hurts.

Plus i'm totally OCing the tits off my Taurus's engines - one way or another there'll be fire coming out of that part of the engine, whether its ment to or not ;).

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth
Forgot your password?