Russian Roulette Roster

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I'm going to be the odd man out and decline any postings to the Roulette. Most of my playtime is going to be at the helm of the Hypatia, seeing just how "long range" the retaliator can really be. I wouldn't be averse to agent smithing an NPC in an emergency, but I think most of TEST would be willing to do that, provided there are NPC slots to pop into.

This raises the question, what is your expected standard operating complement going to be, Russian? Are you going to only take her out if you have enough people online who are willing to fly to you, or will you staff her with NPC bodies to let people warp in? Ease of access for members is going to be key, and unfortunately the logout mechanics (i.e. do you stay on the ship when you log off, and what does that mean if the captain hired on another hand when you did so?) and NPC stuff is all little more than speculation at the moment.

What exactly is an XO? Sounds like a hug that goes on too long...
XO is shorthand for executive officer. Usually second in command on a ship.

Reactions: kiltedfrog

Inzlinger

Captain
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Inzlinger
I would like to have a job as "German Engineer" my koalifications: evil german accent. I like beer.
Koalifications:

Also a picture resmbling my ingame character:

Timarien

Commander
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Timarien
I like my job. Delegate down to the XO and drink my morning scotch.
Yeah you have a good life.. And morning scotch is the best thing ever. Aiming to be at least slightly tipsy before I start streaming after barons stream..

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I'm going to be the odd man out and decline any postings to the Roulette. Most of my playtime is going to be at the helm of the Hypatia, seeing just how "long range" the retaliator can really be. I wouldn't be averse to agent smithing an NPC in an emergency, but I think most of TEST would be willing to do that, provided there are NPC slots to pop into.

This raises the question, what is your expected standard operating complement going to be, Russian? Are you going to only take her out if you have enough people online who are willing to fly to you, or will you staff her with NPC bodies to let people warp in? Ease of access for members is going to be key, and unfortunately the logout mechanics (i.e. do you stay on the ship when you log off, and what does that mean if the captain hired on another hand when you did so?) and NPC stuff is all little more than speculation at the moment.

XO is shorthand for executive officer. Usually second in command on a ship.
I will mostly take it out over the weekend I bet. I want to try to have most of the positions crewed by members but not opposed to npc for non critical roles.

As far as the mechanics of a new member jumping in while offline, of it is still being operated while I am offline command falls to the XO and he would have full power to bring hands on as needed.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I will mostly take it out over the weekend I bet. I want to try to have most of the positions crewed by members but not opposed to npc for non critical roles.

As far as the mechanics of a new member jumping in while offline, of it is still being operated while I am offline command falls to the XO and he would have full power to bring hands on as needed.
When the responsibly falls to me for commanding the ship I'll be in the escape pod. Can't ever be too ready.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

Do you mean command staff positions, or all positions in general? It'll be a lot oeasier to get people aboard if you have NPC staff manning things like guns or something, but obviously it's your ship and your rules.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Do you mean command staff positions, or all positions in general? It'll be a lot oeasier to get people aboard if you have NPC staff manning things like guns or something, but obviously it's your ship and your rules.
Bridge will be filled period. Key non officer slots will be filled. Guns and such can be npc for people to hop in. I want to try to make it as easy to use as possible for everyone.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
Bridge will be filled period. Key non officer slots will be filled. Guns and such can be npc for people to hop in. I want to try to make it as easy to use as possible for everyone.
Don't remember if we talked about this, but, if at start we can park the Javelin somewhere by a major mine-able area, use it as a floating space station, we dont necessarily have to worry about fully manning it until we can afford to keep it running. Plus, it provides security to miners, cargo haulers, and refuelers as they come and go.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
DAMN all the engie spots are taken.....
but since im a german firefighter am kinda good at first aid. oh yeah and the pas time thing for a firefighter in germnay is.... well.....
beeing drunk alot, most of the time because of to much beer.
so i hope ill get to be a nurse? XD

Attachments

ShadyBrady

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
ShadyBrady
I'm interested in shootguy since I have over 10 years of experience doing shoot[other]guy. I can be that guy! But seriously if you need to repel boarders I know how to FPS very well.

I also have a superhornet if shootguy means shootguy[in]space.

Parrottmath

Admiral
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
parrottmath
Hmmm seems I lost lead shooty guy... Apparently, I needed to show more qualifications before I lose shooty guy position.

As long as I get to SHOOT the BIG guns, I'll be happy. Lead torpedo tube operator or the Anti-Capital Cannons would be ideal :)

Edit: By the KiltedFrog = my name has 2 T's in it ;)

Who is running the logistics on this beast?

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
If my new beerfarer stays unmelted until release, I will sign on for fueling, maybe park a SH or gladiator in the Jav hanger, unless a redeemer takes all the parking... damn redeemers with their guns and... make out partys

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I want to be the random drunk guy who does everything as he is needed. If I must be pushed into a role, make me a shooty guy or nurse 3. My qualifications include: general agreeableness (that's a real word? Sweet.), knowing how to spell pretty well, and having the drawing skills of a talented 4 year old when completely sober.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
It is an honor to have been given the role of bartender. I understand the gravity of the position and my responsibility to the fine crew of the Russian Roulette, namely getting you all as #rekt as possible and maintaining the highest standard of inebriation during any exercise or mission we are called on to carry out by our Glorious Leader.

It will be my pleasure to serve (beer, hard liquor, the occasional wine) alongside you all, and I want to take this opportunity to thank our fine Captain, RussianJ, to whom we all owe an immense debt of gratitude.

However, this job requires me to keep a certain standard of professionalism. I will leave you with this warning: Only beverages of class, high proof, or both shall be served. Any crew member requesting or found in possession of any drink with lite, RTD, virgin, or soft in the name will be given a single chance to redeem themselves via a beer funnel filled with strong stout or porter. Failure to comply or complete will result in immediate airlocking.

Forgot your password?