Sabre Raven

drizzt001

Grand Admiral
Aug 17, 2017
RSI Handle
AdmiralTarkin
bah...2 months only?
Ok the 200 because it has SC included...so lets deduct what...15 USD? So the Standalone Price for the ship should be 185, equal to the SuperHornet.

Btw. I guess it is not giftable and if you melt it you will have nothing ;)

Reactions: Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
2 month insurance threw me for a loop but free ship is a free ship so Yay? well plus a free SSD that costs 400usd.

BTW the value of the ship was listed at 200usd when I added it, so if it ever goes on sale or people want to upgrade.
View attachment 7807
Woah the Raven is a Package? No Stand-Alone?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Same here. But I could use another SSD. But not at that price, since I'm now broke after the Pioneer.

Don't they all?

This could be best thing going for it.
Blah, it didn't quote the originals that you were replying to, but
a) re: new SSD, this SSD really is better, but it is like upgrading your video card to get 140 fps, when you were getting 110 fps already. In the future, yeah, it will make a difference, but you won't see any difference right now.

b) "Punches above its weight class" and your reply, "Don't they all?" OMG, yes, they say that about *every* new ship.

c) re: the EMP generators and "That could be the best thing going for it,"
well, just watched a BoredGamer vid, and he showed those are EMP generators...wow... ...in addition, there are two size 4 EMP missiles, which I assume a) anybody can buy in the game, and b) you could fit on a regular Sabre, already (just take off the racks that hold two Size 3 missiles and put on a rack that fits a single Size 4).

Overall...I'm not impressed, and then it only has 2 month insurance? No way...and I'm desperately trying to find reasons to buy one, btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl and Ezz

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I can only hope they release the EMP generators, or something similar, for all ships. . .
I'm not sure they're generators. They're listed in the pylon row (the one above Utility so could just be a typo). Could be they are some type of missile, but it would explain the lack of other weapons if they are true reusable generators and a stealth Warlock sounds killer.

I am still hoping we can put Void Armor on any ship at a price, and equip it for stealth by lowering the reactor and main engines and running sans shields. I want a Ghost Tracker with 2 S4 Ballistic Cannon all riding on a Hurricane. This might actually be better though, if it has decent spotting ability.

Who is buying one at 3.0 release? Can we get updates of what it can do, how it compares to other Sabres in stealth, etc? Since they're releasing this with 3.0, stealth must be coming in game. Must know!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Got some bad news for you..

Intel's specifications for power consumption show one big reason why the Optane SSD 900P is a desktop-only product. Laptops are not equipped to supply up to 14W to a SSD, and they usually aren't equipped to cool a drive that idles at 5W instead of 50mW.
And don't have an open PCIE slot. I suppose you could put one in a Alienware Graphics Amplifier or a Razer Core, but that would be a serious waste of that box.

Forgot your password?