Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Happy Monday everyone!

Cake anyone?

View attachment 3857
"Blonde" chocolate cake, it's a touch under-baked so the bottom half deflated a bit, but it's very tasty!

I was going to take it to work, but "unfortunately" the sponge is very delicate so I can't move it...
Unfortunate for the office, fortunate for you! Looks delicious!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
A wintertime coffee?
View attachment 3853

As far as I'm concerned, planet Earth stopped making music in the 70's.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdw7kxD8eUc
You say ;)

Happy Monday everyone!

Cake anyone?

View attachment 3857
"Blonde" chocolate cake, it's a touch under-baked so the bottom half deflated a bit, but it's very tasty!

I was going to take it to work, but "unfortunately" the sponge is very delicate so I can't move it...
Oh no, cake while its early morning - that gives me bad heartburn. But nevertheless, save one piece for me for afternoon coffee ;)

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Actually I assumed that CIG had nerfed the S2 weapons and light fighters is 2.5.
In 2.4 I could easily outshoot a SuperHornet and a Sabre in VS, both with S3 weapons. I in a Delta with 2 s1 and 2 s2 weapons or the Titan with 2 s2 and the Tigerstreik.
Nope, right now the big difference is ESP vs Gimbals, and the number of guns. If you're in a little ship with little guns and fixed weapons, you're going to have a harder time getting on target. Whereas people with larger and more guns that are gimbaled can pretty much just point and click at you. Since ESP isn't staying on target, you have to maneuver less to line up a shot, which means that makes it easier for those who are mouse aiming to hit you. Also, ballistics penetrate through shields right now, so if they have ballistics (which AC is pretty much ballistic Sabres right now anyway), it takes less hits for them to kill you. Add to that, with Sabres, they're pretty much just as maneuverable than a light fighter, so you're not as likely to out-fly them.

There is one group that is dominating in fixed weapons (I probably don't have to say who). I don't know what their secret is. I mean, they're good, but that's godly...

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Happy Monday everyone!

Cake anyone?

View attachment 3857

*drools* OMG, I want that so bad.....

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

I was a backup dancer for a pageant on Friday, which was out of town. We took second place! But we stayed out celebrating until 5:30am, and had to be out of the hotel by 10am. Then I had a podcast on Saturday, followed by a date, which kept me out until 4am (but in a good way, lol). But then I had to be up for Baior's stream at 11am. And then dance practice. And then a meeting. And then I crashed.

And for some reason I thought a single cup of plain coffee would cut it this morning. I was wrong. Can I get a triple shot of espresso please?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Nope, right now the big difference is ESP vs Gimbals, and the number of guns.
It's weird, I have no idea what people are going on about with ESP - I've always played with fixed weapons and not noticed any difference from 2.3 to 2.4 to 2.5. You set your guns up correctly (I.e use guns with the same projectile speed) spend the time to aim right and then .... unleash boom boom.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

I was a backup dancer for a pageant on Friday, which was out of town. We took second place! But we stayed out celebrating until 5:30am, and had to be out of the hotel by 10am. Then I had a podcast on Saturday, followed by a date, which kept me out until 4am (but in a good way, lol). But then I had to be up for Baior's stream at 11am. And then dance practice. And then a meeting. And then I crashed.

And for some reason I thought a single cup of plain coffee would cut it this morning. I was wrong. Can I get a triple shot of espresso please?
There are two disadvantages:
first: a gimbal reduces the mountable gun size per 1 - which is a huge firepower difference imo!
second: a gimbal mostly is mounted on mid- and capital-sized ships. And this makes sense, because otherwise you would have no chance to hit any target with a capital ship.

I agree in one point: combat "hunting" ships, aka dogfighting vessels, which also includes a Sabre, should not be allowed to mount gimbals. But I would not like to hear the screams of the community if CIG would change that...

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
It's weird, I have no idea what people are going on about with ESP - I've always played with fixed weapons and not noticed any difference from 2.3 to 2.4 to 2.5. You set your guns up correctly (I.e use guns with the same projectile speed) spend the time to aim right and then .... unleash boom boom.
There are some people in the leaderboards who are saying the same thing. I wish I knew how they weren't affected by the change in ESP.

It's the time to aim right that's the problem. It's like fighting against the same poles on the magnet, you try to get your pip on the target and you have to fight with it to go. Sometimes it'll stick, but to the wrong spot. This is easier to see when aiming at smaller ships, because on bigger ships, sometimes you'll get a hit, but it'll be in a different spot than where you're aiming. The difference is you used to be able to just aim and shoot. Now when aiming, it's like you're sticking your pip on top of a greased up ball, it slides off.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Forgot your password?