SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well this is bad news for you guys but I am cutting down on the coffee. I drink way too much of it and I think its not good for me!

One pot of coffee in the morning and that's it now! Maybe a decaff in the evening! :(

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeah, I went from being made redundant in winter to being made redundant in summer!

Nothing a nice strong cup of tea won't fix though.

# Britishasf*ck
What is it that you are not good at? :astonished:

Maybe we can fix you!

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Damn thats bad news of you two. Sick during vacation travel @rogesh, thats worst case (regarding vacation). Hopefully your girlfried is doing better in the meantime?
yeah she's getting better her fever has finaly gone down :)
well we tried to make the best out of it ^^

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Actually, we sold it. :slight_smile: It was only on the market for 9 days. We accepted an offer on New Years Eve, just pending home inspection and financing for the buyers.

So if all goes well, Sarah and I will be out east next week looking for a new home. :slight_smile:
Awesome! Thats great news! I'll keep the fingers crossed for you that you'll find your house of dreams! :)

yeah she's getting better her fever has finaly gone down :slight_smile:
well we tried to make the best out of it ^^
Thats also great news! Lets see it from the positive side: there is room for improvement, looking to your next vacations :D All the best for you and your girlfried, I'm sending you some sunbeams :)

Just keep reminding her that "The Force is with you, you are one with The Force."
That said: when will you go back to the Canadian forces? Or are you already back on duty?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Good morning all you TESTies! I'm wishing you a marvelous day!

After having slept only for four hours, I went to the gym this early morning, and it was a fun time, because almost nobody was there. Allll the gym for me, yay :D Now its half past eight and I'm gonna start my working day, looking forward to go off around 4.30 p.m. Its still quiet in the office, lots of colleagues and customers are still on vacation.

Have a coffee!

And @BUTUZ I'm with you. Coffee is tasty and things - but its good to have an eye on the caffeine. I for myself try to have the first caffeinated coffee after lunch, and two mugs max.

Again, have a nice - and healthy - day!
Cheers!
Sam

https://considerthesauce.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/waffee1.jpg

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Thanks Sam! We're pretty damn excited. Can't wait for this to all be over so we can continue on with life.
I see your point, brother. But its also a very exciting time, isn't it? Starting a new life, let old things go, looking to unknown horizons, kind of such stuff :relieved::blush:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I see your point, brother. But its also a very exciting time, isn't it? Starting a new life, let old things go, looking to unknown horizons, kind of such stuff :relieved::blush:
Oh very exciting! We're extraordinarily happy about the move. We've been divesting ourselves of so much old stuff, we're very excited about a new home and a new start. It's very very exciting.

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
A trick some people around me use to reduce and spread their coffee intake: smaller cups! (Doesn't help if you refill though! :D)

Maybe something else that could help is to introduce variety to your drinks: Tea, milk, coffee, juice, water... combine that with a variety of "snacks": Apples (fruits), cookies, muesli-bars, cakes, waffles, sweets.

Good luck!

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I think I may be beyond fixing. My talents include becoming ok at anything in a relatively short time, then never improving past that
I can relate to that. Do you just lose interest in improving beyond that point? Then you are just like me xD
If you happen to stumble upon a solution to that problem could you be so kind and tell me? Until then good luck on your job search! Hope it doesn't turn out to be like mine (searcher for 3 years always just falling short after the interview)...

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
I think I may be beyond fixing. My talents include becoming ok at anything in a relatively short time, then never improving past that and eating a vast amount of chocolate!
Could it be that those things that you become OK at aren't really the things that you want to do? That's my reason for not improving in certain areas... I can never get the energy/motivation in because it seems like a waste.

Good luck!

Forgot your password?