SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Mmm, I do like coconut!

I am unfortunately stuck truck driving as it's great money. (Although I like to spend money on games and things) So I'm pretty unhappy with it. Luckily I have a wonderful girlfriend to help me stay happy!
@Grimbli, you are having a job! Thats more than other people have; first point. The second point is: you are having a girlfriend which you are calling "wonderful" - that, my friend, is WAY more than other people have. Thus: you are a lucky guy! Last point is: your job - its paid great, wtf!?!!!!!!! Thus: you are a lucky, lucky guy! You really are!! Just think about all that - and smile, while driving. :slight_smile:
Oh, and have a waffle for sure :smile:

I'd love nothing more than to quit my job and start a gaming business! But that comes with a HUGE risk and I'm not willing to accept the challenges just yet. Moving comes first! Hopefully I'll get the motivation and inspiration once we move out to LA.
You can do that if your banking account says that there is enough money for not being forced to live by eating dry bread and drinking water. But honestly, in my opinion especially the gaming branche comes together with huge risks, especially when you are a "lateral entrant". But on the other hand, no risk no gain. That being said, I once was self-employed. For me, it was not a good time - but a veeeery precious life experience. I had to pay off debts for years - almost 10 years - but under the line it helps me to value my jobs and employers; much more than other colleagues who often moan and whine, somehow not being aware how lucky they are, having a job with a frequent income.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I dont't say that it helps. I'm just saying that its worth a try. It helped me to get my life back, not needing more than five or six hours sleep a day. Before I always had to sleep, was tired all my life. Nevertheless, avoiding bread and cake and so on - its hard. But for me its better than eating pills to keep myself awake and alife ;)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
@Grimbli, you are having a job! Thats more than other people have; first point. The second point is: you are having a girlfriend which you are calling "wonderful" - that, my friend, is WAY more than other people have. Thus: you are a lucky guy! Last point is: your job - its paid great, wtf!?!!!!!!! Thus: you are a lucky, lucky guy! You really are!! Just think about all that - and smile, while driving. :slight_smile:
Oh, and have a waffle for sure :smile:

You can do that if your banking account says that there is enough money for not being forced to live by eating dry bread and drinking water. But honestly, in my opinion especially the gaming branche comes together with huge risks, especially when you are a "lateral entrant". But on the other hand, no risk no gain. That being said, I once was self-employed. For me, it was not a good time - but a veeeery precious life experience. I had to pay off debts for years - almost 10 years - but under the line it helps me to value my jobs and employers; much more than other colleagues who often moan and whine, somehow not being aware how lucky they are, having a job with a frequent income.
I do have it better than a lot of others, however, it's not lucky; I work VERY hard for what I have and it is a bit bothersome hearing people I know bitch about their lives while doing nothing to improve.

You could say finding my girlfriend is lucky, but there again, it is very hard work communicating and coming to an understanding with another person. Most people don't realize relationships are hard work to form a cohesive bond, they hear hard work and believe that simply because they fight a lot and have a hard time with their significant other, that means they've put in work.

I definitely don't have the bank account now to do it, but maybe as a side project once I move and find people I relate with. I don't mean gaming as in Twitch or video games on YouTube, I more mean gaming as in board games and miniature games like Warhammer. It'd be amazing to do my favorite hobbies as a career, but we'll see how it pans out in the next five years.

Don't get that! Their coffee is terrible!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
She might be down for that. But she'd hurt you. You'd have to be ok with whippings.
This sounds perfect. I am used to following orders without question. If I do get out of line we can always get some Test Squadron branded handcuffs made up - I'm thinking anodized yellow? .

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Good morning! Hopefully you've all had a good weekend and are back at work safe&sound :)

http://www.likefun.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/coffee-art_little-cat.jpg

Since this weekend I'm working with Voice Attack - and its quite fun! It makes Star Citizen even more "authentic", kind of. Will make a short film and show it to you via youtube during the next days.

On Saturday we've had a bad weather situation here in Germany as well as basically northern parts of Europe:
http://www.dw.com/en/cold-brings-chaos-to-europe/g-37055441
I hope that you are all doing fine?
When I've heard of *that* upcoming rain front, on Friday evening I again went into town for doing all the weekends grocery shopping. A wise decision, as it turned out to be a really nasty icy rain on Saturday.

Sunday, as written before, was lazy day with breakfast around lunchtime, sleeping in the afternoon and learning how to speak with the computer.

Well, its Monday 9 a.m. and I now have to start with working and stuff (*yuk*!).
Have a nice start!
Sam

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'm back at work. Currently sitting in a parking lot in Minnesota. Had a rough gym workout and am sore as hell. I suppose it's worth it in the end, but now I have to unload tons of boxes (literally) and am not feeling like it.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I'm back at work. Currently sitting in a parking lot in Minnesota. Had a rough gym workout and am sore as hell. I suppose it's worth it in the end, but now I have to unload tons of boxes (literally) and am not feeling like it.
See it like a second workout xD

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Good morning, Holidays are over, fresh start in the new year.
Welcome back, dear excitement :D

See it like a second workout xD
Its cool when you are feeling the spirit and the energy - but after a workout at the gym? Hell, no envy on my side.
Lunch time over here. Also been at the gym, I couldn't really concentrate or even do something serious in the gym because some bad headache hit me during warmup phase. Was no fun; but that said, I've made an hour and slowly its feeling better. Perhaps I am in no need of anti-headache-drugs. Just drinking a strong coffee - most of the time, caffeine is a good thing against headache especially when its coming or going.

See you around!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ogY3RHnvh7A/VXa73cGZw5I/AAAAAAABBrc/T1EO4pMjBWY/s1600/_DSC3704.JPG

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Yay! So your butt is perfectly trained from all the kicks :smile:
I'm not allowed anymore to train with "maximum power" because of my health issues :( You won't believe this, but it SUCKS to do sports only being allowed to make it smooth, moderate, effortless, whatever. I'm hating this and it costs all my motivation because: why would you do sports without goals or challenging yourself!!??!! IT SUCKS! I did mention that already, did I?
*sigh* Well, I'm trying not to think about it in this way, saying to myself "hey, there are people without arms or legs and they would be most happy to have such minor health issues. Be happy, Sam, you are lucky". It helps now and then. But during doing sports, I'm becoming angry again...or sad; depends. I'm 43 now, will never have a sixpack or any biceps or the like again. *sighs again* By the way, I am asked to go swimming, that is said to be suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a healthy sports. Problem is: I don't like go swimming. I'm freezing all the time, an 8 out of 10 times I've got a cold afterwards; or athlete's foot because fungi as well as bacteria...yuk.
Positive, positive, positive, something positive. I got work to do! Yay, no boring office hours, ha! :smile: And I'm having lots of fun within Star Citizen. That said, most of my gaming time no TESTie is online. I'm more and more asking myself if TEST is really the best choice for me because during GMT-evening times, no TESTie is in the game. Instead, 99% of my time I'm playing SC together with my German community; which is o.K., we are having lots of fun! But as TEST is being such a HUGE organization, I'm asking myself: where are they??? Well, I'm hoping that someday on the HUD, when you are having a ship on your display, that also the organization sign is displayed for you can say "hi" and immediatly put this member on your buddy-list. This, and because you are all such wonderful people to chat with in this forum, I'm staying with you.
Love you all! Have a coffee!
Sam :smile:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Well, I'm trying not to think about it in this way, saying to myself "hey, there are people without arms or legs and they would be most happy to have such minor health issues.
I try not to think that way because it doesn't really do anything for you. Instead, I think of what would happen if I stopped working out. I'd gain more weight, get tired easily, have health problems, and maybe even a heart attack. That's usually a good motivator.

It may not seem as if you're doing much, but it is helping you, Sam. My girlfriend has some pretty serious health issues and she was bound to a wheelchair when I met her. After a few surgeries she was able to walk again with a walker. After many months of work she's down to just using a cane, and that's only when she's going out of the house, she walks just fine without any support inside the house!

You said you don't like swimming or the water, but there are plenty of low-impact sports!

Have you tried Cycling, Rollerblading, Hiking, Canoeing, Cross-country Skiing, or Tai Chi/Yoga? Those may work better for you.

Definitely keep positive! That's the number 1 thing. Won't get anywhere without that.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Sam you can be in more than one Org I am in test first and foremost but I hang outwith other streamers in game and also people off Facebook,

Theres no need to have to choose.

Forgot your password?