SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Doctors are saying that I'm not allowed to have any caffeine.
But since I really love the taste of coffee, I try to a) reduce the coffee in general and b) drink decaf.
There are several voices which are also saying that decaf coffee is the worst choice for your health, but blablabla....there has to be some fun left in life, right?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Thanks dear Marc. Weather was BBQ-like, sunny and stuff - but I first have to repair the grill. Its a lava rock gas grill, and its several years old. Thus I have to empty the grill of all the lava rocks and clean the gas pipes and burners of dust and rust. Every year I'm saying to myself "This year I'll buy a new grill. But when I see the prices I spontaneously decide that the old one will do it - only one more year, ha
I had 2 gas grills. A few year ago I switched to a charcoal grill, big one, barrel, just to try it. I don't gonna switch back anymore. Before the first BBQ I light up some wood blocks inside, burn it clean and ready to go.

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
Doctors are saying that I'm not allowed to have any caffeine.
But since I really love the taste of coffee, I try to a) reduce the coffee in general and b) drink decaf.
There are several voices which are also saying that decaf coffee is the worst choice for your health, but blablabla....there has to be some fun left in life, right?
No Coffee! -- Sounds Like Whiskey and Beer time -- Hope you get to feeling better

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks dear Owl. But I'm afraid that there is no cure for that crap. Lucky me, I got both legs and arms left which is more than other people have. But nevertheless, when you are hearing kind of "crumbled noise" instead of at least "muted" sounds, plus these hellish tinnitus tones - that takes a *lot* of strength to stay alive and (kind of) happy.
Today, I'm back at work. Not that I'm feeling able to do work. But at least I think that it is a good divertissment from the hearing pain.
Its 10 a.m. over here, and I am tired. Bugger, I am only allowed to drink decaf... :(
Ouch. My poor dear Sam. That is horrible. I can't imagine what your going through. And not being allowed to drink caffeine. That is...that is most unpleasant indeed. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you my friend.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
That voices forgot about nicotine
You're right. Neither am I allowed to smoke. But thats o.K. for me (I count "1 or 2 pipes a month" as 0) :yum::grin:

No Coffee! -- Sounds Like Whiskey and Beer time -- Hope you get to feeling better
Thanks. Hope is the last thing to die, right? That being said, I also shouldn't drink alcohol. Its because of the veins: they kind of shrink when drinking alcohol, caffeine or having a smoke. And that is poison to my hearing issues. *sigh*

Ouch. My poor dear Sam. That is horrible. I can't imagine what your going through. And not being allowed to drink caffeine. That is...that is most unpleasant indeed. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you my friend.
I wish you could. I wish there would be anyone or anything that could help. But I think its all on me: eating and drinking very healthy, to sleep enough, avoid stress, don't work more than 8 hours a day, doing minor sports without pressure - thus doing all the things a hated up to now. Funny, isn't it? Your body forces you to live healthy in a way that is major depressing...

*sighagain*

Well, 9.20 a.m. over here. I have to go to the boss now for discussing my "status quo" and "next steps" etc. - and I'm not looking forward to this talk...
...l8ter!

https://mindbodygreen-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/c_limit,w_770,f_auto/ftr/happy_coffee_depression_300.jpg

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I wish you could. I wish there would be anyone or anything that could help. But I think its all on me: eating and drinking very healthy, to sleep enough, avoid stress, don't work more than 8 hours a day, doing minor sports without pressure - thus doing all the things a hated up to now. Funny, isn't it? Your body forces you to live healthy in a way that is major depressing...

*sighagain*

Well, 9.20 a.m. over here. I have to go to the boss now for discussing my "status quo" and "next steps" etc. - and I'm not looking forward to this talk...
...l8ter!

https://mindbodygreen-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/c_limit,w_770,f_auto/ftr/happy_coffee_depression_300.jpg
I hope I can live healthy enough now so my body doesn't force me to live too depressingly healthy later.

How did your meeting go with your boss?

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey @Blind Owl thanks for asking. Surprisingly positive, I guess...? I'm still a little bit puzzled.
When starting the meeting, and my boss asked me about how it is going, I....hm...I did not stutter around. But almost...

I couldn't find the right words for what I tried to say: that I am not able to work when colleagues are standing nearby, talking vis-a-vis or on telephone, because I can't hear any other voices then, like for instance when I try to make a phone call at the same time.
...and that I can't handle any working situations which are forcing me to act under any kind of pressure.
...and that I cannot guarantuee, at least for the next, upcoming weeks or months, that I will be at work the next day. I try for sure! But I wouldn't rely on myself on that point...
Well, try to say this to your boss, not being kicked out of your company. Funny thing is: I didn't need to say anything of this. When sitting there, kind of saying nothing when trying to say *something*, my boss asked me, if I can make phone calls (working for a huge phone company, this is an essential need, being able to make phone calls). I then managed to explain myself, that I for sure can make phone calls - but not with headset or else. It seems that he, within a second, combined the result for himself, because he interrupted me, smiled, leant back and said: "o.k., you'll become a single office. That good for you? Making phone calls with loudspeaker is manageble for you?" I could only only nod and something like "yeah, sure, thank you", when he stood up, walked around is office, nipping his espresso while explaining: "You are relieved from your duties. I can't rely on you; well, I can - but that you are here in the office every day, that I can't. But: there are lots of open issues regarding quality management and process definition and tracking. Organize yourself, take over actions, report back next week. And try to relax."

Thats it. So, this is strange: I expected more like to be kicked out of the company, but now I'm having the privilege of working in a single office (no one has such offices except upper and top management) and new responsibilities. Okay, I'm out of the career-roulette, that is for sure. But this, together with the order to relax - thats the reason why I'm still puzzled...surprised...both of it.
Coffee. Decaf.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/9309252961_cf05f7a3ef_k-620x465.jpg

My new office is like a dream:)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hey @Blind Owl thanks for asking. Surprisingly positive, I guess...? I'm still a little bit puzzled.
When starting the meeting, and my boss asked me about how it is going, I....hm...I did not stutter around. But almost...

I couldn't find the right words for what I tried to say: that I am not able to work when colleagues are standing nearby, talking vis-a-vis or on telephone, because I can't hear any other voices then, like for instance when I try to make a phone call at the same time.
...and that I can't handle any working situations which are forcing me to act under any kind of pressure.
...and that I cannot guarantuee, at least for the next, upcoming weeks or months, that I will be at work the next day. I try for sure! But I wouldn't rely on myself on that point...
Well, try to say this to your boss, not being kicked out of your company. Funny thing is: I didn't need to say anything of this. When sitting there, kind of saying nothing when trying to say *something*, my boss asked me, if I can make phone calls (working for a huge phone company, this is an essential need, being able to make phone calls). I then managed to explain myself, that I for sure can make phone calls - but not with headset or else. It seems that he, within a second, combined the result for himself, because he interrupted me, smiled, leant back and said: "o.k., you'll become a single office. That good for you? Making phone calls with loudspeaker is manageble for you?" I could only only nod and something like "yeah, sure, thank you", when he stood up, walked around is office, nipping his espresso while explaining: "You are relieved from your duties. I can't rely on you; well, I can - but that you are here in the office every day, that I can't. But: there are lots of open issues regarding quality management and process definition and tracking. Organize yourself, take over actions, report back next week. And try to relax."

Thats it. So, this is strange: I expected more like to be kicked out of the company, but now I'm having the privilege of working in a single office (no one has such offices except upper and top management) and new responsibilities. Okay, I'm out of the career-roulette, that is for sure. But this, together with the order to relax - thats the reason why I'm still puzzled...surprised...both of it.
Coffee. Decaf.

http://dailycoffeenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/9309252961_cf05f7a3ef_k-620x465.jpg

My new office is like a dream:slight_smile:
Oh my God Sam. That's amazing news! I wish I could give you a big huge hug right now. To be able to work in your own office, a promotion, and being ordered to relax. Wow. That's awesome my friend.
Mega-jumbo-multi-like!!

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I had 2 gas grills. A few year ago I switched to a charcoal grill, big one, barrel, just to try it. I don't gonna switch back anymore. Before the first BBQ I light up some wood blocks inside, burn it clean and ready to go.
I loooove to grill with wood no charcoal but wood gives the meat that smokey flavors even without bbq sauce :D but I'll also take charcoal grills when the above is not available ^^. I hate those gas and electric ones but they are better than nothing. And since I live in a big city and make just enough to survive they are my only options at the moment xD

You're right. Neither am I allowed to smoke. But thats o.K. for me (I count "1 or 2 pipes a month" as 0) :yum::grin:

Thanks. Hope is the last thing to die, right? That being said, I also shouldn't drink alcohol. Its because of the veins: they kind of shrink when drinking alcohol, caffeine or having a smoke. And that is poison to my hearing issues. *sigh*

*sighagain*

...l8ter!

It think you have a boss that likes you :D lucky you. I mean either this or he had someone close to him with similar conditions. But anyway you gotta slow down. You should really listen to what you're body has to say. Helps a lot hope it doesn't get any worse for you.

Forgot your password?