marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Shame on them! You should've eaten it during the meeting - ordering another beer for the pleasure of stomach and soul :smile:
I didn't eat it during the meeting, first I devoured it, had to clean myself, the devouring process was a little bit messy, when cleaned up again I went outside to participate in the meeting

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Yeah, I know, it is not very healthy or motivating for the people that want to / must eat healthy, but still:
View attachment 5914
Many don't know this but meat is healthy! With the right dosage that is. And something many don't know either is that there are people that burn protein better and there are the ones that burn carbs better. That is a regular misconception when you are bulking up as a bodybuilder. So yes meat is healthy xD

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
I've been terribly lax at socializing for the last 2 weeks. Work as been killer. Sales were down, so I had to work extra hard to get some work into the developers so everyone could keep their job! :slight_smile: I've done just a fair job, I certainly didn't hit any home runs, but those will come.

I wish you could. I wish there would be anyone or anything that could help. But I think its all on me: eating and drinking very healthy, to sleep enough, avoid stress, don't work more than 8 hours a day, doing minor sports without pressure - thus doing all the things a hated up to now. Funny, isn't it? Your body forces you to live healthy in a way that is major depressing...

*sighagain*
Sam, I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues. Your positive attitude and approach I believe will be 80% of the battle. The other 20% is probably harder, as it's all the things you mention. I started to talk to my wife about tinnitus after you started talking about it. She has recently gone back to school to get her phd in Naturopathic Medicine (http://www.naturopathic.org/content.asp?contentid=59). She has been involved with a naturopath for a number of years already (and has worked on some of her own health issues that have been nagging her for a number of years), and has decided it is her new calling (now that the kids are grown). It may very well be that you are already doing many of these things at your current doctor's direction, but I am collating some information that might be helpful. It all has to do with balancing your bodies nutrients, vitamins, amino acids, and all that other stuff I don't understand. :sun_with_face::sunflower::seedling::mushroom:. I will private message you when I have a couple things put together, you can do with it as you see fit. There is no guarantees or warranties that it works, and it is certainly not doctors advice. I view it as interesting reading and education, and you can make your judgement call from that.

As my own disclaimer, I've been the skeptical voice in my wife's journey, always noting that modern medicine has saved my life on more than one occasion, and has significantly extended the human life span, but the things I learn about the alternative medicines has been truly interesting, and just seems to make a lot of sense! I'm mostly converted these days. And my diet shows it. :grinning: Maybe modern medicine won't have to save my life in the future.

Sorry to everyone for the lengthy diatribe. But since it's a coffee shop, I have just taken over the conversation in the cafe for a short period of time!

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Many don't know this but meat is healthy! With the right dosage that is. And something many don't know either is that there are people that burn protein better and there are the ones that burn carbs better. That is a regular misconception when you are bulking up as a bodybuilder. So yes meat is healthy xD
@rogesh is right on here! Even this naturopath stuff tailors diet to what your own body does best with. Some do actually go vegetarian, but most of us are still good with meat proteins, even required for us. I think my body would wither away without meat. But, that being said we also raise some of our own meats, so there are no industrial antibiotics or growth hormones in them. And what we purchase is required to be organically grown and processed for the same reasons. We move more and more to raising our own meats and veggies, combining our efforts with our neighbors. We are fortunate enough to live in a semi-rural area where this is allowed and accepted as just part of life.

[Edit #1]
BTW: Beer is allowed also! Whew.....

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Many don't know this but meat is healthy! With the right dosage that is.
Ow, you didn't see the chunk of meat that covered my plate at diner. A family could have eaten this piece of meat and still have some leftovers. Luckily I didn't took a picture of it, so it didn't happen :cold_sweat:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ow, you didn't see the chunk of meat that covered my plate at diner. A family could have eaten this piece of meat and still have some leftovers. Luckily I didn't took a picture of it, so it didn't happen :cold_sweat:
Haha, no picture so it didn't happen. I like your thinking. I also never eat a piece of meat big enough to feed a family. ;)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Monday morning. Me like

I've been terribly lax at socializing for the last 2 weeks. Work as been killer. Sales were down, so I had to work extra hard to get some work into the developers so everyone could keep their job! :slight_smile: I've done just a fair job, I certainly didn't hit any home runs, but those will come.

Sam, I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues. Your positive attitude and approach I believe will be 80% of the battle. The other 20% is probably harder, as it's all the things you mention. I started to talk to my wife about tinnitus after you started talking about it. She has recently gone back to school to get her phd in Naturopathic Medicine (http://www.naturopathic.org/content.asp?contentid=59). She has been involved with a naturopath for a number of years already (and has worked on some of her own health issues that have been nagging her for a number of years), and has decided it is her new calling (now that the kids are grown). It may very well be that you are already doing many of these things at your current doctor's direction, but I am collating some information that might be helpful. It all has to do with balancing your bodies nutrients, vitamins, amino acids, and all that other stuff I don't understand. :sun_with_face::sunflower::seedling::mushroom:. I will private message you when I have a couple things put together, you can do with it as you see fit. There is no guarantees or warranties that it works, and it is certainly not doctors advice. I view it as interesting reading and education, and you can make your judgement call from that.

As my own disclaimer, I've been the skeptical voice in my wife's journey, always noting that modern medicine has saved my life on more than one occasion, and has significantly extended the human life span, but the things I learn about the alternative medicines has been truly interesting, and just seems to make a lot of sense! I'm mostly converted these days. And my diet shows it. :grinning: Maybe modern medicine won't have to save my life in the future.

Sorry to everyone for the lengthy diatribe. But since it's a coffee shop, I have just taken over the conversation in the cafe for a short period of time!
Thanks again for your thoughts and information, dear Graptor. I'm interested in any information that may help. That being said, I'm into this whole tinnitus hearing loss situation for now five, six years; I even don't know exactly any more. So I have gathered lots of information and tried a lot, have been in several clinics and rehab centers. And the more you know or think to might know, the harder it is to accept more/new information. Looking to myself, the major part of my health issues seem to be based on stress/too much negative situations. The last year I was convinced having solved all of these problems; but I again was wrong, as my body proved me the past couple of months. Thus I have to learn to even more relax. Its the most challenging thing in my life, to relax. I am *really* REALLY bad in it. But somehow I have to crack this nutshell. As accompanying actions I try to do experiments with food and nutrition: last year I lived three months on a vegan basis (bad), avoided gluten (very good) and did a "fast period" (very bad); plus I checked the status quo of minerals and vitamins. Turned out, that I'm lack of vitamin D, thus I take those vitamins. But anyway, I'm very interested: did your wife defeat the tinnitus? What was/is her receipt for this success...?

Well, Springtime is all over us, have had 25°C last weekend, and again the sun is shining in my office. Wonderful, I love this season. Took a few photos from the flowers in the garden last weekend; will post them here lateron. You have a nice start into the week, dear TESTies! :)
Sam

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
How are you doing today dear Sam? How's work with the new office? Have you moved into your new position?

I know it's a hundred and one questions, but I want to make sure my friend is doing well. :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
How are you doing today dear Sam? How's work with the new office? Have you moved into your new position?

I know it's a hundred and one questions, but I want to make sure my friend is doing well. :slight_smile:
Thanks for asking, dearest Owl :blush: Well, there's light and as there is shadow - as always :no_mouth:

To start with this: we've had a marvelous weekend. The sun was shining, it was warm, we'd barbecue on Friday AND on Saturday, it was great.
On the other hand, I'm again taking meds, like cortisone, blood thinner, stress dampeners etc. - with huge impact on my whole body constitution. In the meantime the cortisone has munged nearly all my muscles, I'm feeling like never done sports before, and even climbing a stair is challenging for me. Plus, this stress dampener has influence on your feeling when and how much do you need to eat. I'm eating without reason. Its very tough to "stay strong" ergo stop eating.

Well, it was good, sunny weather. And as said before, I'm bad in relaxation. Thus I really wanted to do things in the house and garden...but couldn't do a bit, aside from some laundry and walk with the dog, because pumped out from doing almost nothing. This is really, really frustrating because I always was a "power man", always running, always in action, always working, always being sportive and healthy. You can imagine that it is very hard work for me to stay positive, looking forward glas-is-half-full kind of that... But I try! Every day, every hour. One part of the receipt is, I think, to *say* the positive things to yourself. I mean, to really *do* it; saying: "This is gorgeous weather - I love it", or "I really love my new gaming chair (nevertheless we couldn't afford it)", or "barbecue was fun, what a wonderful evening" etc. It seems to be strange, saying things to yourself like that. But funny enough that it helps to feel better, looking past the negative things like the health issues. So it is with the job: I just came back from lunch with a colleague. And we agreed how fortunate we are working in such a harmonic, cooperative, almost familiar team.
That being said, I want to outline one thing: in opposite to US or Canada, in Germany it is not usual business behaviour to see things positive or even to express positive things. If you want to be "en vogue", you have to underline your challenges, the walls you managed to break down, hard work, next goals etc. But do NOT say that you are satisfied with your job and boss, that everything is positive, that numbers and goals are fine or the like - it could be misinterpreted as weakness; that your goals are set too low; that your job is/yourself are expendable.

However, I am now 17 years in this company. So I'm taking the liberty to say such positive things, at least to one or another colleague. So, yes, the new office room is empty - except of me and the two plants - and huge! But I love it. I slowly am able to understand and manage my new task as quality manager. I just made my first appointment for tomorrow, had my first info exchange with my boss. It'll all come together and currently - in opposition to last week - I'm very looking forward to it. We'll see if I still do in one or two months, ha :smile: I always was a career type of guy. This now has to change; I have to change. And this is - a new challenge...! :dizzy_face::sweat_smile:

How about yourself, dear Owl? Are you home more often than during your last position? I've the feeling that you have minor time for being online here, am I right...? Hows your family in your new home? Are they feeling good, and did you found new friends around?
And how is your brother? I haven't understood this indoctrine-thingensdingens...sounds awful! Is that kind of a psycho-test?

All the best
*brotherhug*
Sam :wave::smiley::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
To start with this: we've had a marvelous weekend. The sun was shining, it was warm, we'd barbecue on Friday AND on Saturday, it was great.
That's awesome Sam. I love spelling time outside, BBQing, socializing, being with family.
We're just starting to get the nice weather. So the BBQ will be getting used a LOT more.
On the other hand, I'm again taking meds, like cortisone, blood thinner, stress dampeners etc. - with huge impact on my whole body constitution. In the meantime the cortisone has munged nearly all my muscles, I'm feeling like never done sports before, and even climbing a stair is challenging for me. Plus, this stress dampener has influence on your feeling when and how much do you need to eat. I'm eating without reason. Its very tough to "stay strong" ergo stop eating.
Ugh. That doesn't sound nice at all Sam. No even a bit. Having your body "taken over" by medications illness. One can only hope and pray that you find a balance between the medication and feeling well.
This is really, really frustrating because I always was a "power man", always running, always in action, always working, always being sportive and healthy. You can imagine that it is very hard work for me to stay positive, looking forward glas-is-half-full kind of that... But I try! Every day, every hour. One part of the receipt is, I think, to *say* the positive things to yourself. I mean, to really *do* it; saying: "This is gorgeous weather - I love it", or "I really love my new gaming chair (nevertheless we couldn't afford it)", or "barbecue was fun, what a wonderful evening" etc. It seems to be strange, saying things to yourself like that. But funny enough that it helps to feel better, looking past the negative things like the health issues. So it is with the job: I just came back from lunch with a colleague. And we agreed how fortunate we are working in such a harmonic, cooperative, almost familiar team
I completely understand my friend. Staying positive through trials and tribulations can be a life saver: it can also be extraordinarily hard to do. You're on the right track though. Keep saying these positive things out loud, keep telling yourself all the good things you have. This certainly contributes to a healthy mental wellness.
If you want to be "en vogue", you have to underline your challenges, the walls you managed to break down, hard work, next goals etc. But do NOT say that you are satisfied with your job and boss, that everything is positive, that numbers and goals are fine or the like - it could be misinterpreted as weakness; that your goals are set too low; that your job is/yourself are expendable
Well that's silly. A positive workplace promotes mental wellness. And mental wellness leads to more productivity. It's science!
So I'm taking the liberty to say such positive things, at least to one or another colleague. So, yes, the new office room is empty - except of me and the two plants - and huge! But I love it.
Good. Excellent! Keep that kind of talk going. Be a force for positive change.
You'll fill that office soon enough, and make it your own. :slight_smile:
I slowly am able to understand and manage my new task as quality manager. I just made my first appointment for tomorrow, had my first info exchange with my boss. It'll all come together and currently - in opposition to last week - I'm very looking forward to it. We'll see if I still do in one or two months, ha :smile: I always was a career type of guy. This now has to change; I have to change. And this is - a new challenge...! :dizzy_face::sweat_smile:
A good challenge! You'll conquer this new position like a TESTie conquering crashing: no problem! I'm certainly happy for you.
How about yourself, dear Owl? Are you home more often than during your last position? I've the feeling that you have minor time for being online here, am I right...?
I'm home a lot more. For the first time in my life, I get to come home daily for lunch and breakfast (after morning physical training). I will be going on exercise for a couple weeks at the end of the month, but NOT for a couple months as with my last position. It's amazing.
I have been spending far less time online. My wife has not yet gone back to work, so we are spending a LOT of time together as a family. Just enjoying the time while we can. :slight_smile: I'm enjoying plenty of time playing with my son. Haha.
Hows your family in your new home? Are they feeling good, and did you found new friends around?
We love the new home. It's beautiful. We have some friends, and Mrs Owl is going out to mom's group and meeting other people as well. :slight_smile:
And how is your brother? I haven't understood this indoctrine-thingensdingens...sounds awful! Is that kind of a psycho-test?
Crude is well. He went from basic training straight into his trade training. So the military takes you out of the general public for a few weeks to make sure that you don't get negatively influenced. They train you in isolation to make sure that the training sticks, haha. It's not that bad if you're single and have no family. He'll be back into the general public soon enough. Drinking beer! Haha

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
That's awesome Sam. I love spelling time outside, BBQing, socializing, being with family.
We're just starting to get the nice weather. So the BBQ will be getting used a LOT more.

Ugh. That doesn't sound nice at all Sam. No even a bit. Having your body "taken over" by medications illness. One can only hope and pray that you find a balance between the medication and feeling well.

I completely understand my friend. Staying positive through trials and tribulations can be a life saver: it can also be extraordinarily hard to do. You're on the right track though. Keep saying these positive things out loud, keep telling yourself all the good things you have. This certainly contributes to a healthy mental wellness.

Well that's silly. A positive workplace promotes mental wellness. And mental wellness leads to more productivity. It's science!

Good. Excellent! Keep that kind of talk going. Be a force for positive change.
You'll fill that office soon enough, and make it your own. :slight_smile:

A good challenge! You'll conquer this new position like a TESTie conquering crashing: no problem! I'm certainly happy for you.
I'm home a lot more. For the first time in my life, I get to come home daily for lunch and breakfast (after morning physical training). I will be going on exercise for a couple weeks at the end of the month, but NOT for a couple months as with my last position. It's amazing.
I have been spending far less time online. My wife has not yet gone back to work, so we are spending a LOT of time together as a family. Just enjoying the time while we can. :slight_smile: I'm enjoying plenty of time playing with my son. Haha.

We love the new home. It's beautiful. We have some friends, and Mrs Owl is going out to mom's group and meeting other people as well. :slight_smile:

Crude is well. He went from basic training straight into his trade training. So the military takes you out of the general public for a few weeks to make sure that you don't get negatively influenced. They train you in isolation to make sure that the training sticks, haha. It's not that bad if you're single and have no family. He'll be back into the general public soon enough. Drinking beer! Haha
I'm sorry that I can't be so positive and supporting as you are mr. Owl, mr. Rogesh and mr. Graptor :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
We are all positive - because we don't take shit too serious, right? :D :beers:
That being said: I got a day off - because son has a day off school! I knew that there were positive things, having kids in school, ha! :D
Have a nice day!

Forgot your password?