SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I've been talking to this vegan guy recently, and I also dated a vegetarian not too long ago. But frankly, it's too inconvenient. I may feel that way because I already have food allergies that severely limit my diet (corn and egg whites), so when going out with friends and there's already only 3 options on the menu, two of them are bound to have meat.

That being said, these guys may have had a bit of an influence on me. Right now I'm eating leftover stir fry from last night, completely vegan. So I'm not against it, and I eat vegetarian when I can, but I can't sustain it all the time.

Plus, I love milk. And cheese, and ice cream, and yogurt... Milk products have saved my butt too many times when I needed something quick to eat. I can't give that up.

I guess I should also add that I buy my milk, meat, produce, and just about anything else I can locally. I'm not a 100% localvore, but I make a significant effort. I've been to a lot of these farms, and I know the animals are treated well.
Thanks for your detailed explanation. To be honest, in the beginning it was kind of a...yeah, lets name it "wtf-experience", when a college of mine told me on our companies christmas party that she is 100% vegan since 2014. I went "pregnant" with this vegan kinda thing all over the christmas days. It was more or less a coincidence when I stumbled over an article which examines the very low meat prices in Germany and therewith the circumstances under which cattle & co. are raised and slaughtered. The answer to the "why" is easy: Aldi and Lidl. A kg pork meat is offered for +-5 EUR, sometimes <4 EUR(!), which means the farmer receives 1 - 1,40 EUR per kg. What can he do...? Nothing, except to "optimize" the breeding:
This and other examples kept in mind - for Germany! - I decided to try contributing my share for the savety of these animals. For the production of (good) cheese Lab is of essential need, btw.
As I said, this is no easy thing to do (for me) - but I'll try it as long as my intestinal tract doesn't go into a total strike :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Anyway, with Absinth and Mocca you are first drunk and then caffeinated. Perhaps thats a perfect combo to get afterwards another Absinth (the rest you can rub in) before you get into your Aurora and crash randomly into some f*cking Sabres at Port Olisar - my blessings you have :D

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Hm, "special" hump day coffee sounds suspicious....

Oh, what the hell, live a little. I'll take a special coffee with cream please.

Why does the thought of Indiana Jones 5 scare me more than excite me...?

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Can I get a latte with an extra shot or two of espresso please? Rough morning.

In the good news department, my car is fixed, so I have wheels again! It is so nice to be able to just get to work without tons of planning and/or someone else's assistance.

But I'm having one of those 'too much to think' days. Hit the snooze button an extra time, was late getting into work, forgot my breakfast at home, didn't have time to pick up an actual latte so I'm drinking instant coffee, and am just overthinking some relationship stuff. I just need more coffee.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
No worries Sam! I got this covered!
Okay everyone, congrats on the car fix @MzHartz ! You save those lives @Blind Owl ! @SeungRyul I'll get you a fresh pot of boiling water on the go!
For anyone that wants fancy caffeine, welcome to Canada, where we serve black coffee and you can add maple syrup to it if you want, and if you don't like syrup, you have to leave....
blackcoffeepot.jpg
maplesyrup.jpg

Forgot your password?