SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
It was an AC to become one of those often hated colleagues which are announced to boss other people around :D

Well, it appears that I'm not boss-like enough to boss people around: too sensitive, too empathetic, too instinctive; lack of bossing-knowhow, lack of toughness, lack of innovation (ftw?!). But, nevertheless, extremely ambitious. At least something. Grrrr.....

Sounds like the kind of boss I would like to work for that understands real people. Take from someone that has been around the corporate world a long time they don’t know what it really takes to be a good boss. When shit really hits the fan they will need people who are instinctive, can empathized with their employees and lead them. The Bossing-knowhow? Can be learned.

Get you coffee, with whiskey and go practice being tough on pirates (HR) in the Verse.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I told them yesterday that it always is my goal to be part of the team and that the leader can only be as good as the team; and kind of such content (besides that I am best on my own when I have a clear defined goal; but nevertheless I generally believe that a perfect team is unbeatable against a one-man-show). I believe in that and I'm totally off this philosophy that one big alpha-like boss can lead to a success. A team perhaps needs to be moderated now and then; but foremost, the team leader has one big challenge: to cover the teams' back for that they commonly can reach their goal(s).

They didn't like it; told me that I would hand over responsibility and that I am lack of innovative perspectives. Thats bullshit! Yes, there are people which are visionary, brilliant. But how many of them are there in this world? And where? I am not such one. But I am convinced that a good team can develop such innovative ideas. Why are there expectations that a good leader has to be innovative and tough and acts by the books? Well, if these are the expectations - I'm becoming a vague idea why the big companies are everything but not innovative...

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
I told them yesterday that it always is my goal to be part of the team and that the leader can only be as good as the team; and kind of such content (besides that I am best on my own when I have a clear defined goal; but nevertheless I generally believe that a perfect team is unbeatable against a one-man-show). I believe in that and I'm totally off this philosophy that one big alpha-like boss can lead to a success. A team perhaps needs to be moderated now and then; but foremost, the team leader has one big challenge: to cover the teams' back for that they commonly can reach their goal(s).

They didn't like it; told me that I would hand over responsibility and that I am lack of innovative perspectives. Thats bullshit! Yes, there are people which are visionary, brilliant. But how many of them are there in this world? And where? I am not such one. But I am convinced that a good team can develop such innovative ideas. Why are there expectations that a good leader has to be innovative and tough and acts by the books? Well, if these are the expectations - I'm becoming a vague idea why the big companies are everything but not innovative...

Okay is whiskey (in about 8 hrs) and coffee time. Oh I guess I should do some work – I now work for great org as long as you do your work and they leave you alone.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It was an AC to become one of those often hated colleagues which are announced to boss other people around :D

Well, it appears that I'm not boss-like enough to boss people around: too sensitive, too empathetic, too instinctive; lack of bossing-knowhow, lack of toughness, lack of innovation (ftw?!). But, nevertheless, extremely ambitious. At least something. Grrrr.....
I agree with the other lads. It does sound like corporate bullshit. You get farther with empathy then with an iron fist. I'm sorry to hear that Sam. They're idiots of they don't value you like we do.

Side note:
Have you thought about walking away from the corporate bullshit and opening a coffee shop? A real, honest to goodness coffee shop?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hopefully, you are getting back here, being online and shitposting around more often...?
Soon (tm).
I'm almost done my leave. I've been devoting my time to my wife and son. Especially since I'll be leaving for 3 months at the end of the month. :(

I start my new career training next week, so I could be rather busy, but I shall endeavor to be a little more present on the forums. :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm not reeeally motivated since last week. I nearly wasn't able to stand firm in that "I-dont-want-to-school-or-anything-else"-fight against the...monster.
And I'm sooooooooooooo damn tired. Has anyone a good receipt against being tired as hell? I definitely have to do more sports; have been a little lazy the last weeks, where I was focussed too much onto that AC.

@Blind Owl haha, good suggestion with that coffee bar. But alas, there are too many coffee bars which closed after one year or less. Its good to dream of but nothing I would fight for as long as I have no financial reserves for covering the coffee-bar-afterlife ;)

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
fkNfp39.jpg

Good morning (I say as I am about to go to bed)!

Coffee shops or any other type of restaurants are really tough to make a go of. The only people I've known who did it barely broke even after several years and loads of work.

Best cure for being tired: like what you are doing and be excited to get started. Since that's rarely an option, maybe illegal drugs? (kidding)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Has anyone a good receipt against being tired as hell? I definitely have to do more sports; have been a little lazy the last weeks, where I was focussed too much onto that AC.
Have some fun, party (not too much, day-after syndrome is very exhausting), BBQ, finally the weather is good, just in time!!!! My first day of holidays was.... SUN, keep it up another 3 weeks.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Have some fun, party (not too much, day-after syndrome is very exhausting), BBQ, finally the weather is good, just in time!!!! My first day of holidays was.... SUN, keep it up another 3 weeks.

:D

You didn't failed, you just had the guts and showed them that you are rather honest then lie and tell them what they want to hear. That is a very damn fine quality!!!

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Here.

I feel ya on the motivation thing, Sam. I had a hell of a time sleeping last night, no clue why. And now it's all rainy, so it was so hard to get up this morning. I rolled into work about 15 minutes late....

Forgot your password?