SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Thank you so much @MzHartz. You're a gem. :) Kudos on reaching your goal with @Admiral_Nolan for the new rig.
Thank you! I'll be sure to do a special video/stream as soon as I get it set up.

Thanks for the extra hot man coffee, Sam! I'll take another!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Mornin'. I'm little bit tired this morning. Should get to bed earlier in the evening. 'cause today I finally overslept. But nobody cares: when I arrived in my office nobody was here. Lucky me :rolleyes: Or I am in a time hole or something: this morning, on my way into the office (on foot from the S-Bahn), suddenly an old women asked if its Wednesday or Tuesday today. Totally confused I answered (fully convicted) "ahm, Tuesday!"
Arrived in the office I wondered, why all the calender markers where pinned on Tuesday although nobody was there. Yeah, well, in the meantime even I recognized: its Wednesday today; hopefully...?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I often ask myself what we can await from SC: Space p0rn like this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfU-oMfWwAEKCRo.jpg

...with looooots and lots of solar systems, planets and secrets to explore? Or at the end only a better Freelancer(R) with an MMO-plugin?
Furthermore, when I am reading ideas and dreams about a "Beerfarer" (which seems the most realistic of all the dreams) or recruiting threads to fill up an "Endeavor" with nursing and doctors staff (who will sit before his/her monitor to "play" doctor (or nurse) - probably by minigames or wtf else...??...instead of flying through the verse, trading and hunting?) or ideas to set up research platforms (researching what? And again: minigame or ftw...?) or or or... All of it seems to me a) like soap bubbles without any possibility of realization and b) lack of any realism with regards to the reallife player who sits in front of his monitor and is doing what? Researching? Beer brewing? In a space (sim) MMO? Really...?

P.S.: when finished exploring the Verse I will retire as SC veteran and open the first Space Coffee Bar...in the Verse :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Good morning Sam. I'll have a nice strong dark roast with a splash of milk. Today is my last day home before I head out for a couple months. So make it extra strong, with and extra bit of love. Cheers mate.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Best of luck and safe travels @Blind Owl !

Ugh, the coworker who I do not like, who is supposed to be retiring but isn't gone yet, is in the office this morning and is already making my life difficult. I know this is just a coffee bar, but I wouldn't complain if a shot of rum was added to my latte this morning. I need the caffeine to get work done, and the sedative to not stab my coworker with a sharpie...

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Good morning Sam. I'll have a nice strong dark roast with a splash of milk. Today is my last day home before I head out for a couple months. So make it extra strong, with and extra bit of love. Cheers mate.
"A couple of months" *sigh* :(

Extra strong etc. - here you are:

...and one small peak from above:

http://knowyourgrinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/death-wish-the-worlds-strongest-coffee.png
:eek::D

Perhaps you should take these with ya, for not forgetting us during your play-, ahm, battletime in the wilderness:

:D

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Best of luck and safe travels @Blind Owl !

Ugh, the coworker who I do not like, who is supposed to be retiring but isn't gone yet, is in the office this morning and is already making my life difficult. I know this is just a coffee bar, but I wouldn't complain if a shot of rum was added to my latte this morning. I need the caffeine to get work done, and the sedative to not stab my coworker with a sharpie...
Hate those guys either. Have had a boss once who wanted to drive me out of the company. He almost would've succeeded when our companie was bought by another corp. Luck was with me: he left and I got a new boss which is quite tough and loud and exhausting to work with - but who is also an honest soul and stands 100% before his team.

Here Mz, for you - with an EXTRA shot of Black Strap Rum:
http://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Hot-Buttered-Rum-Coffee_AFarmgirlsDabbles_AFD-4.jpg

Keep up and you'll be kept up (by TEST at least! :D)

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
You poor souls!
I too have has bad luck with bosses. Specifically, the guy that said "Read all these books and manuals and learn how to run this machine..." and then after I'd read the book I realized the boss never had because he was running it wrong... So I tweaked the machine and had it running 200% more efficiently,, saving 3000$ a day in operating costs and 60m3 less polluted salt water a day (down to 18-32m3 DAILY out of 2000m3 water treated!) (100$ an M3 waste disposable fees + cost of chemicals)
And boss said "I'm not comfortable having an employee that is smarter than me. You're FIRED!"
and I said "No derp wait I has the dumb! Look I lick ionized salt bricks! SLURP Yum ouch yum it burns! yummy! ouch! GOITERS!"
Then I had no job and a burnt tongue.

/events may have occurred slightly differently and with much more swearing and yelling...

ANYWAYS... I laughed when I read about the shit coworker situation. I empathize. I truly do.

Nice cup Owl! Official CERTIFIED TEST!

Forgot your password?