SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey mromutt πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‹

Finally it's raining in Germany. After a year which was way too dry, all our rivers are virtually dried up. Ships often can't make their way to the south of Germany, which leads to a supply emergency, for example with gasoline. Keep your fingers crossed that it continues to rain.✊

Well, this week I've taken a couple of days vacation. Our tiled stove warms the house and I am drinking ginger tea(!). Since my illness I have to be careful with alcohol and coffee. So coffee only one or two cups from noon, alcohol every now and then a glass in the evening. No more drunken flying in the verse! 😱

Have you seen the video of RSI? 400.000 Auroras! I mean: four - hundred - thousand!! I didn't realize that Test Squadron has so many affiliates, ha πŸ˜„

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Holy shit Sam! So good to have you back, if even for a little while.
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better, back at work, and not at all bored. The healing sounds like it's going well. This is happy news!
And look at you go, YT, podcasts, Patreon!! The world is yours my friend. Congrats!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Haha, thanks a lot dear friend πŸ˜…πŸ»
Yeah, I'm on my way to opening a new chapter in my life. Just today I talked to my wife again about the fact that I just don't feel well doing my job anymore. It tires me out and every day I have to struggle with myself to get up and go to this open-plan office. I can't even complain that I have a great employer, great colleagues and a working environment that many would envy. It's just simple - I seem to need something new. Fresh wind. New environment, new challenges. But by the time I'm in my mid-40s, I'm no longer so wild and thoughtless as to be able to smash everything that already exists in a fit of exuberance. That's why I'm doing this training as a professional speaker in order to build up a second foothold for myself, be it as a radio presenter, dubbing artist or similar.
Bit by bit, step by step.
Maybe one day it will be enough for me to reduce my current job by one or two days a week. I think it would be easier for me to do a lot of work on the side if I had a job that gave me strength and energy instead of investing it.

What about you and your family? How is your son doing? Are you already playing Lego together? And what has become of your house and your cellar? Have you overcome everything well and are financially stable again?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That's awesome Sam! Good for you for taking that initiative to make your situation better.

My family is great. The baby Owl is most certainly a toddler Owl. He's smart, fast, and very fun. We do play with Lego, and trains, and blocks, and outside, and on our bikes. Its the best.

I've actually been gone for two months on a course, so I'm very excited to get home on Tuesday. So much play time coming right up, haha.

The house is good. We've started rebuilding the basement again. Finances are getting back to normal. Still a little ways to go though.

All in all though, life is great!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
That's great to read! I still have exactly the horror pictures of your cellar before my eyes. Man, such a catastrophe. I admire people like you who manage to leave all that behind and look so positively ahead - chapeaux, I salute you!

It's Saturday noon here and we've all just fallen out of bed and had breakfast. It has significant advantages when the children get older, ha πŸ˜„

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks Sam, I really appreciate that. It was really heartbreaking when it happened. But we overcame, moved on, and now we're quite happily using that area again to play and live. :)

I'm just rolling out of bed here. Time to shower, then off to mom's for a visit for the rest of the weekend.

xATLASx

Captain
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
xATLASx
Why did I just saw this!? Anyways from a non-drinker and someone that finds the whole beer/booze hype a bit "Meh", and a huuuuuge coffee fan I VERY much appreciate the spot. I definitely will be hanging out here a lot. Thanks for sharing the space!

#ChugsHisFlatWhiteWith2ShotsOfEspresso

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Anyway, today is Tuesday, and I think all the time it's Monday. That has the basic advantage that my week will be finished faster than yours. ^^

I've noticed that if I get up too early, it has health disadvantages - seriously now. That sounds ridiculous, because it seems so obvious and moreover almost all of us have to get up early at five or six o'clock, some work even earlier or even in shifts. I just can't do that anymore, because otherwise the chance is high to completely drop out the next day. So I now set the alarm clock to 08.00 - as the maximum upper sleeping limit, so to speak - and get up when I wake up and am awake. So then when my inner alarm clock tells me. It feels very good and I am much more efficient during work. Of course my family is not really happy with this, who now have to take care of themselves in the morning. But the alternative would be that I would end up in some clinic again on sight, and that would be the much worse choice.
In this respect, the motto now is: go to bed early and get up when your body says so.

And today is really already Tuesday? Damn it. Maybe my 08.00 alarm clock didn't work yesterday? :D
How are you, @marcsand2 ?

Everybody have a successful working day!

And, oh yes: coffee all the tings! :D

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Test Squadron and beer kind of go together.
But during the day it can be something different. When I came here two years ago, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where you have a little small talk while you're sitting in the office trying to make the day go by. However, it turned out that there aren't many North Europeans here in the GMT time zone.
Somehow the thread has survived. And: at some point there is coffee time for all of us ^^

xATLASx

Captain
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
xATLASx
Test Squadron and beer kind of go together.
But during the day it can be something different. When I came here two years ago, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where you have a little small talk while you're sitting in the office trying to make the day go by. However, it turned out that there aren't many North Europeans here in the GMT time zone.
Somehow the thread has survived. And: at some point there is coffee time for all of us ^^
Hahahaha well coffee is life. I am in San Jose, Costa Rica but I am glad to be able to contribute to the thread. Pura vida!

Forgot your password?