SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hello, everybody,

I still exist, but I have a new company laptop, and with that part the testsquadron forums don't work anymore, meh.😢 I just get the message when I "see this screen, I need to update my browser". But the point is: everything is definitely new and up to date. Probably there's some other lock in it that I don't know about. Man, I wish there was a working "old version" of the testsquadron forums. Now I can't look in here during workingday anymore and write in here. This is...extremely stupid...and stupid...and sad.

By the way, I also made a video about the fan kit, but in German for the German community. 😇

Otherwise I am busy with my training as a professional speaker. Currently I am in the process of compiling a kind of "application CD" - the models call it "set book". There are then most diverse spoken texts of me on it, which will be then my reference for recording studios etc.. I'm very excited and can't wait to take the next step. Let's see where the professional journey will take me.

I wish you a great weekend, stay healthy! 🙏👋

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Here's something to ponder for the weekend:

The German word "Absätze" means
- sales
and/or
- heels

The German word "Wirtschaft" means
- economy
and/or
- pub (bar/tavern)

So, when some German says to you: "Die hohen Absätze sorgen für gute Stimmung in der Wirtschaft" this could mean
- The high sales volumes create a good mood in the economy
or (well, who knows if "and"...)
- he(she)...is a sexist barfly.

Welcome to Germany - enjoy our language! 🍻😁

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It gets funny when you try to translate certain Dutch or English words to German words.

If you have something upstairs and want to get it downstairs. The direction is "runter". Getting something is "hohlen". The funny thing is that Germans don't get something downstairs, they bring it downstairs.
What the hell do Germans say went they want to get an airplane out of the sky? They can't bring it down 😁 I think that I just found another word with dual meaning 😉

Same goes for a fog lamp. Mist and fog are 2 similar things. We Dutch people use the mist variant to describe the fog lamp. Unfortunately in German that actually means a fertilizer / dung lamp.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I had a lesson in translation while I was in Russia (for work) back in 2005. At the hotel I usually stayed in while in Moscow, there was a rather nice restaurant. The menu was in Russian, but had English translations so I usually got by. They had some incredible items. But down the menu was this item that didn't have a name in Russian exactly. Instead it had a paragraph. In English it said "Traditional Russian food". I asked the waiter if he could translate, and he looked at the Russian text, read it for a few seconds then looked at me and said "Traditional Russian food", which I found very... helpful... I decided to try it. What I got was a plate of Goulash. It was good.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
It gets funny when you try to translate certain Dutch or English words to German words.

If you have something upstairs and want to get it downstairs. The direction is "runter". Getting something is "hohlen". The funny thing is that Germans don't get something downstairs, they bring it downstairs.
What the hell do Germans say went they want to get an airplane out of the sky? They can't bring it down 😁 I think that I just found another word with dual meaning 😉

Same goes for a fog lamp. Mist and fog are 2 similar things. We Dutch people use the mist variant to describe the fog lamp. Unfortunately in German that actually means a fertilizer / dung lamp.
Well, actually "holen" is written without the "h" in the middle. If something is "hohl" then its empty inside. In fantasy games you can find something valuable in some hollow ("hohl") tree stumps - mostly ;)
When we want to get an airplane out of the sky - we ask for the permission to land? Haha 😀Regarding the fog lamp - I have no idea what you are talking about 🙅

I had a lesson in translation while I was in Russia (for work) back in 2005. At the hotel I usually stayed in while in Moscow, there was a rather nice restaurant. The menu was in Russian, but had English translations so I usually got by. They had some incredible items. But down the menu was this item that didn't have a name in Russian exactly. Instead it had a paragraph. In English it said "Traditional Russian food". I asked the waiter if he could translate, and he looked at the Russian text, read it for a few seconds then looked at me and said "Traditional Russian food", which I found very... helpful... I decided to try it. What I got was a plate of Goulash. It was good.
Haha, nice story 😄

Hi Sam!!

Good for you brother. I remember watching one of your videos some time ago and loving the sound of your voice. You'll do very well as a professional speaker.
That's kind of you, thank you! I just finished the translation of this week's ATV. There are explanations for "clay modelling" and "Cryo-Geysires". I will post the link here tomorrow.

This week I have to record a dozen more texts, which my trainer evaluates and on the basis of which we then compile my "application CD". Thinking about that SOON I will be auditioned for TV stations and recording studios in the not too distant future, I have to admit: I'm getting more and more excited!

Have a nice Saturday!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This week I have to record a dozen more texts, which my trainer evaluates and on the basis of which we then compile my "application CD". Thinking about that SOON I will be auditioned for TV stations and recording studios in the not too distant future, I have to admit: I'm getting more and more excited!

Have a nice Saturday!
That's bloody amazing Sam! Wow. I'm really happy for you man. Keep up the good work and good things will happen.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
In dutch it is "mistlamp", translated to German it is "Mist Lampe", shit lamp ;) We also know Mist, it is called "mest", not "Mist"
Okay, now I get you, haha, right, "mist lamp", haha 😄

That's bloody amazing Sam! Wow. I'm really happy for you man. Keep up the good work and good things will happen.
Thanks, brother - I will go for it and keep you informed in this thread 🙌👍Todays German ATV translation with the mentioned explantions of "clay modelling" and "Cryo geyser":
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CHUsgUJq2o

Have a nice Sunday!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MeagerImperturbableAndeancockoftherock-size_restricted.gif

Forgot your password?