Say goodbye to all your $0 CCU's by version 3.0

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Important TEST question here: What would a Beer with added Beer "Flavour" taste like? You know like those beer flavoured gummy-sweets or other things that are beer flavoured but obviously not beer...

...Would it be Ultra-Beer or would the world come to an end in some kind of Quantum Disaster?

"Wha?? W-where has the West Coast gone?"
"Those fools. They went and did it, didn't they? They added Beer Flavour to Beer... The San Andreas fault just could not take it..."
"God rest their brave idiotic souls."

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I can see there reasoning for this but I am disappointed. I do not have many nil CCUs (I have never been much for playing the market) but for example I have a 0 CCU from the carrack to the cruicible. The reason is to cover my bets in case they turkey one of them and lets be honest it does happen. I have exploration covered elsewhere with the terrapin and thought I might like the engineer side of the game. This takes away the choice before we actually know what the ships will perform like. Its like I will have to go back on the sales pitch rubbish and we all know how accurate that is. This is especially annoying because I have other paid for CCUs which will still give me the choice Caterpillar or Orion for instance? (Until when?).

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Important TEST question here: What would a Beer with added Beer "Flavour" taste like? You know like those beer flavoured gummy-sweets or other things that are beer flavoured but obviously not beer...

...Would it be Ultra-Beer or would the world come to an end in some kind of Quantum Disaster?

"Wha?? W-where has the West Coast gone?"
"Those fools. They went and did it, didn't they? They added Beer Flavour to Beer... The San Andreas fault just could not take it..."
"God rest their brave idiotic souls."
You've spoken these words into life. Now it must be done.

To the brewery cave!!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You've spoken these words into life. Now it must be done.

To the brewery cave!!!
Good luck brave soul... Assuming you are still alive after trying it... What does it taste like?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
So testies I have a bit of a 0$ CCU predicament.

I have a Herald at the moment. It's beautiful in an ugly way (although not nearly as beautiful as the asymmetric version sigh.....), fast, and feels like a hacker den with a rocket engine strapped to it.

My plans have long been to use this as a piracy support ship to hack enemy ships, load it up with EWAR/ECM gear, a few racks of Data-Spike missiles, and generally be a huge fucking dick to anyone that dares to resist my cargo liberation. This sounds cool and awesome, but I don't know how plausible it is. Yes, Herald was mentioned a few times to have an EWAR station for a co-pilot to run, but CIG has proven that talk is cheap when it comes to some ships.

Data Running seems cool and all, but not really my cup of tea. I was more in line with the WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE this *isn't* a piracy support ship at all vibe it had going.

However I have a 0$ CCU to an Avenger Warlock that I've been holding onto since it came out, and that thing looks sweet. Hard CC is a beautiful thing, and the Avenger isn't exactly a slouch in combat either. It seems like this would be a great addition to a pirate fleet as a tackle or first strike ship. Being able to shut down multiple enemy ships is invaluable.

I was content to sit on my CCU until E-War is more in the game, but it seems I may not have this option.

Thoughts?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker

I have a Herald at the moment. It's beautiful in an ugly way (although not nearly as beautiful as the asymmetric version sigh.....), fast, and feels like a hacker den with a rocket engine strapped to it.

My plans have long been to use this as a piracy support ship to hack enemy ships, load it up with EWAR/ECM gear, a few racks of Data-Spike missiles, and generally be a huge fucking dick to anyone that dares to resist my cargo liberation. This sounds cool and awesome, but I don't know how plausible it is. Yes, Herald was mentioned a few times to have an EWAR station for a co-pilot to run, but CIG has proven that talk is cheap when it comes to some ships.

Data Running seems cool and all, but not really my cup of tea. I was more in line with the WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE this *isn't* a piracy support ship at all vibe it had going.

However I have a 0$ CCU to an Avenger Warlock that I've been holding onto since it came out, and that thing looks sweet. Hard CC is a beautiful thing, and the Avenger isn't exactly a slouch in combat either. It seems like this would be a great addition to a pirate fleet as a tackle or first strike ship. Being able to shut down multiple enemy ships is invaluable.

I was content to sit on my CCU until E-War is more in the game, but it seems I may not have this option.

Thoughts?
If you apply CCU to Herald and later decide you'd rather have Herald when its features are more clear, it wouldn't be much trouble to melt and then unmelt it as if you had never upgraded it.

Also, since they are saying things like pricing differences reflect, to some extent, what they want prices to be in game, Avengers shouldn't be prohibitively expensive to get in game, even the Warlock variant. Heralds either, for that matter. I can't imagine them resorting to too much of a grind game for what are considered "2nd tier starter" ships (I've heard the Avenger called that, anyway). If they do that at release, all the new players in Auroras and Mustangs will not be pleased, and they're the crowd that CIG will need to please.

I'd wait until they say when they are expiring $0 CCUs. I really doubt they will just make them vanish without notice. Then apply it and run the Warlock for awhile to see how much you like it. If reliable info comes out about e-war mechanics, especially related to the Herald, and it's news you want to hear, you can use a buyback token.

For all we know, could possibly be other options that do the same in development. Data missiles for the Cutty, Bucket gets the hinted at interdiction weapon other than big-ass gun, or there will be a Warlock module for Caterpillar. Maybe even a whole new boat gets concepted geared towards the role. Seems very unlikely that in the finished game, the Avenger Warlock will be the one and only option for big blue space magic booms.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
If you apply CCU to Herald and later decide you'd rather have Herald when its features are more clear, it wouldn't be much trouble to melt and then unmelt it as if you had never upgraded it.

Also, since they are saying things like pricing differences reflect, to some extent, what they want prices to be in game, Avengers shouldn't be prohibitively expensive to get in game, even the Warlock variant. Heralds either, for that matter. I can't imagine them resorting to too much of a grind game for what are considered "2nd tier starter" ships (I've heard the Avenger called that, anyway). If they do that at release, all the new players in Auroras and Mustangs will not be pleased, and they're the crowd that CIG will need to please.

I'd wait until they say when they are expiring $0 CCUs. I really doubt they will just make them vanish without notice. Then apply it and run the Warlock for awhile to see how much you like it. If reliable info comes out about e-war mechanics, especially related to the Herald, and it's news you want to hear, you can use a buyback token.

For all we know, could possibly be other options that do the same in development. Data missiles for the Cutty, Bucket gets the hinted at interdiction weapon other than big-ass gun, or there will be a Warlock module for Caterpillar. Maybe even a whole new boat gets concepted geared towards the role. Seems very unlikely that in the finished game, the Avenger Warlock will be the one and only option for big blue space magic booms.
Ordinarily I would agree with you, but my Herald is tied up in my Infamous Armada package (because with the Cat, and possibly Cutlass price bumps it saves me over 100 USD to keep the package, even sans LTI) so melting it is really a no-go.

It's a bit of a tough situation, but thankfully both the warlock and the Herald are fairly cheap as far as SC ships go, so I could get either one I'm missing in game with relatively little difficulty.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Ordinarily I would agree with you, but my Herald is tied up in my Infamous Armada package (because with the Cat, and possibly Cutlass price bumps it saves me over 100 USD to keep the package, even sans LTI) so melting it is really a no-go.

It's a bit of a tough situation, but thankfully both the warlock and the Herald are fairly cheap as far as SC ships go, so I could get either one I'm missing in game with relatively little difficulty.
I see the conundrum you have there. I'd still say wait until when (possibly even if, given the salt about it) the $0 CCUs are are scheduled to vanish. But I always seem to urge patience while going on mad impulse shopping rampages of my own.
gSX4rcl_zps03d6b1ee.gif

Still, I really doubt the Warlock will end up being the only boat with that capability come game time. May be the most inexpensive way to get that EMP boom, but doesn't really make sense for it to be the only way to get it. I mean it fits in the back of an Avenger and only needs a S3 power plant to operate. There will surely be some sort of upgrade path for that type of gameplay, some sort of tier 2 EMP boom and then tier 3, etc.
I'd just be guessing though. Best of luck in your decision!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank

Same thing for me. I kept the Herald. It's by far the cheapest E-warfare ship and it's made by my favorite company. Warlocks were cool but I'd rather have the potential that the Herald brings rather than having a poorly armored EMP ship. Like a weak melee ship, ha.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Thoughts?
I also say keep the Herald. She has so much potential. Warlock is a one trick Pony. The Herald may be too, but we don't know that yet.

Forgot your password?