SC competition to win a Hurculese

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
When I first saw it, I thought I was hallucinating. The clouds above lit up like I have never seen before, as if the heavens themselves had woken to intervene in our little conflict. It rained in thick sheets of red energy from the sky, decimating anything and everything that dare stand in its sweep across the battlefield. Vanduul fell before the onslaught like so many blades of grass under a scythe, obscuring the entire area with the chaos of fire and blood.

Our Starfarer fell from orbit during the initial attack, and we were left to fend for ourselves for over four hours in that Vanduul infested forest before our saviors arrived in their Hercules. I remember that it all started with a series of soul-rattling booms in the distance; four if I recall correctly. But one thing I will never forget is how the ground shook when they hit. Ooh It was simultaneously so beautiful yet so terrifying at the same time; To know that the thunderous horror was directed toward your enemy.

Makes a man feel powerful, ya know? As if God himself is above, waiting to smite enemies at your command. I will be forever grateful to the men and women aboard that A2 that day. They recovered us and an entire stranded platoon before the night was over. I never would have made it home without the Hercules, so that is why I have decided to pay it forward by crewing on one myself.
Sweeeet where is the link for me to upvote this on Spectrum??

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Last edited:

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
A story writing competition! If only I could spell!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/hercules-starlifter-short-story-contest/90833

Read my submission anyway:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/hercules-starlifter-short-story-contest/1163918

Rules are to include the Herc and not be longer than 250 words! Ow my aching dictionary! What a day for my spell checker to not be working!
@NaffNaffBobFace , @DirectorGunner & @Jolly_Green_Giant , I upvoted each of your Herc story submissions.

I finally finished my own & submitted it here.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/hercules-starlifter-short-story-contest/1165284

I hope that you all will like it enough to upvote it as well. I did my best to be clever with it while keeping TEST Squadron at heart while writing it.

Either way, I would love to know what you think of it.
Well which TESTIE do I vote for? Actually all submissions were great. Honestly! There fore like a proper Chicago raised lad, I gave all of you an up vote. May it be a a tie and I have a new problem. Which Hercules to crew with.

Votes for all
Upvotes.jpg

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
thanks for the praising, i realy wish i could win but there are so many other good storys around :)
i will have to farm my way though it once the game is going live

Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
thanks for the praising, i realy wish i could win but there are so many other good storys around :slight_smile:
i will have to farm my way though it once the game is going live
Look at the bright side @Firen , regardless of what you will start SC with when it goes live, you'll have many of us who will be happy to have you join us on missions, adventures & whatever shenanigans we manage to pull off on the residents of the Verse.

Inscriptions ☣

Commander
Mar 27, 2018
RSI Handle
Inscriptions
I must say that I really enjoyed this contest, I just absolutely love to open my mind and live it, throughout made-up stories (in this case, its SC.. FREAKING AMAZING). And this time to actually gain an audience for something fun as a contest? Hell ye, sign me up :slight_smile: ´

Best part about it?
-The story ended up being exactly 250 words without editing. LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE! (>happyboi<)

Heres my entry to the contest. :slight_smile:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/hercules-starlifter-short-story-contest/1177890

-Inscriptions

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Interesting story @Inscriptions ☣ & up voted 2nd to a +3. This being said, if the Earth went to war with the Banu, then it would end up being a Banu civil war because they are most often a race of space traders. So I would imagine that they can be hired to fight those who won't be bribed by 1 means or another. I see no reason why the teachings of Sun Tzu won't potentially be able to be applied to interstellar warfare or trade negotiations. Cheers!

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I must say that I really enjoyed this contest, I just absolutely love to open my mind and live it, throughout made-up stories (in this case, its SC.. FREAKING AMAZING). And this time to actually gain an audience for something fun as a contest? Hell ye, sign me up :slight_smile: ´

Best part about it?
-The story ended up being exactly 250 words without editing. LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE! (>happyboi<)

Heres my entry to the contest. :slight_smile:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/hercules-starlifter-short-story-contest/1177890

-Inscriptions
Woah dudes, awesome stuff!

I gotta say our TESTie fiction is really good! I don't envy the judges jobs at all :)

Forgot your password?