Scammers on the rise

Aug 12, 2017
RSI Handle
F_Tek
Cheers for the info, I've been ok so far in trading but have had a few suspect characters wanting to contact me outside of spectrum... Both had long lists of angry comments on their steam accounts. Just activated the 2 step process. Last thing I want to do is lose my imaginary spaceships!!!

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
.....but why? why ever in the world come guys on an idea to buy from a greymarket on reddit with no security for the buyers ?

i always have a talk to those who i trade with.

anonymous ship buying for an overpriced price? who is so stupid to buy from here?

this can be only guys who have no time or are not very involved or interested in sc.

also it could be not knowing what they do cause they are noobs.

if you sell ships to noobs and you find out that this old cheap ship you dont need anymore and sell was your first lti ship and that it has all begun with this ship,

you give your seed to another one and hopefully another great , nice, friendly player for test is born.

if you make profit from it, you poison this seed.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Are all of these RSI credit type buys?
Yep. It seems he did some middlemanning the sale of credits lots for someone else. The reclaimed credits could be from that account.

Starcitizen_trades mods are currently investigating the case.

Edit: I'm talking about /u/sentinelado specifically. /u/Primeadvocate looks like our regular every day scammer.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
i have been looking to buy an aegis sabre but i feel like i m just going to wait until i can get some with official pledge
You're safe if you go through someone here at TEST. If you want to get your hands on a sabre, PM me. So long as you don't mind an upgraded ship, I can get you both LTI and below cost.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Sadly i need to update this again(Glad it's been a while but seems there is a new scam out)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/877zni/scam_alert_uquicksignature/
That was interesting...the *seller* got scammed. And what was he selling? A Phoenix Emerald LTI that he was asking $480 for!

I feel bad for the guy, but it took a little bit more effort to work up a regular amount of sympathy...

i have been looking to buy an aegis sabre but i feel like i m just going to wait until i can get some with official pledge
My advice: either do a deal with a long-term TEST member (like @Blind Owl ), or, buy a new concept ship that costs less than a Sabre (to get the LTI...when is the Vulture supposed to come out?) and then buy an upgrade to a Sabre in October/November when the annual anniversary sale comes out. Right now, the game is kind of broken, dogfighting-wise, so you won't lose much by waiting.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I did that, just waited until it was on sale again. Did that witht the 350R too. You can usually REC ships like the Saber and 350 and play them in AC so it's not like you can't fly before you buy :slight_smile:

That said, I have bought from a forum member, just the one ship, the transaction was smooth as silk and I got an LTI Aurora which I upgraded to a Constellation Taurus which made it an LTI Taurus.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That was interesting...the *seller* got scammed. And what was he selling? A Phoenix Emerald LTI that he was asking $480 for!

I feel bad for the guy, but it took a little bit more effort to work up a regular amount of sympathy...
I don't feel bad for that scammer in the slightest. They brought that negative karma on themselves.

My advice: either do a deal with a long-term TEST member (like @Blind Owl ), or, buy a new concept ship that costs less than a Sabre (to get the LTI...when is the Vulture supposed to come out?) and then buy an upgrade to a Sabre in October/November when the annual anniversary sale comes out. Right now, the game is kind of broken, dogfighting-wise, so you won't lose much by waiting.
I agree with @Radegast74 in that if you are not purchasing directly from CIG, then only purchase from somebody that you can get to know & trust over time like long term TEST members. We may be a wild & crazy family of intoxicated cats, but we generally stick together & watch out for each other as best we can. I myself know for fact that several of us here can be trusted to not scam our fellow members. After all, We are OWL.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I don't feel bad for that scammer in the slightest. They brought that negative karma on themselves.
I can't beleive so many of those damn LTI phoenix's went straight to the black market for marked up prices of almost 500 USD. Luckily CIG had my back and let me purchase one after my concierge ticket went through as i woke up in my time zone and they were all sold out before i even had a chance to log in. I also suggested for limited sales like that they should do it like they did the jav and idris this year so that all time zones have a good chance to get limited ships. I hope we start seeing that.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I can't beleive so many of those damn LTI phoenix's went straight to the black market for marked up prices of almost 500 USD. Luckily CIG had my back and let me purchase one after my concierge ticket went through as i woke up in my time zone and they were all sold out before i even had a chance to log in. I also suggested for limited sales like that they should do it like they did the jav and idris this year so that all time zones have a good chance to get limited ships. I hope we start seeing that.
That's a rather smart idea you have there. I can confirm that not all of those Emerald Phoenix ships went to the black market though. I know of 1 that will be happily hosting a St. TEST Patties day party next year.

St Pattys SC Special 2.PNG

Forgot your password?