Ship, Captain, and Crew EVENT 06 July @ 6pm UTC

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I'm in... but one question... difficult decisions? Does this mean I can make the "difficult decision" of bouncing the ship off a planet to see if it explodes? Or are we just talking about executing... err... firing under-performers.

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I will try to attend this one. I will assume a role
Terrific! We will be happy to have you!

I'm in... but one question... difficult decisions? Does this mean I can make the "difficult decision" of bouncing the ship off a planet to see if it explodes? Or are we just talking about executing... err... firing under-performers.
Hmmm..... I dont think I will ask you to be the pilot..... haha!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
It was a really fun event. Unfortunately, the more people you add to the group, the harder it gets to establish a chain of command.

I think delegating command functions to appropriate party members would be best.
Command
Captain - overall command of the ship. Gives orders to all section chiefs
Owner - tells the captain where they want to go in general, leaves all commands to the captain.

Navigation
Pilot - responsible for sublight speed maneuvering May be responsible for navigation and pilot controlled weapons
Co-Pilot - Responsible for power distribution, shield power allocations, etc. May be responsible for setting up navigation.
Communications officer - may be a collateral duty station - responsible for communicating with ports and other ships

Chief Engineer - responsible for power distribution and directing.performing maintenance on subsystems. If systems are getting to the point where they need replacement or refurbishment at a shipyard, it's his/her duty to notify the captain. Responsible for commanding damage control parties
Engineering mate - direct individual damage control teams, perform repairs as directed by the chief engineer.

Chief of security - calls out defensive play for security detail. Is responsible for ship patrols. Ensures captain's orders are carried out with regards to
Security officers - Can be shared duty with Turret operators

Weapons officer - Calls out targets and priorities absent direct orders from the captain
Turret and gun operators - defend the ship from other ships/vehicles. Can be security officers when boarded

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
It was a really fun event. Unfortunately, the more people you add to the group, the harder it gets to establish a chain of command.

I think delegating command functions to appropriate party members would be best.
Command
Pilot
Co-Pilot
Communications officer

Chief Engineer -
Engineering mate

Chief of security - calls out defensive play for security detail.
Security officers - Can be shared duty with Turret operators

Weapons officer - Calls out targets and priorities absent direct orders from the captain
Turret and gun operators - defend the ship from other ships/vehicles. Can be security officers when boarded
Agreed, the more people added, the more complicated it gets. Eventually we will be able to structure it accordingly!

Forgot your password?