DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
My only feedback is possible time management improvements
  • Could we let others know ahead of time where our spawn point should be for the event?
  • Give 5 mins for everyone to get ready for the party up and load server, if not ready then start server and the rest can try to join party/join friend. 5 mins to get ready and if too busy to not be ready in that 5 minutes of time then it's not hard to try to get into a server within a min after party launches it, usually. If someone comes back over 5 mins later then yes, ofc might be harder to get into a full server. But we shouldn't hold up majority's time for a minority to get their things in order. Let us take responsibility for ourselves to not hold back a party from launching.
  • If bugs make PU unplayable for most of the group, try something else like Arena commander or Star Marine, or different objective in PU that doesn't involve the bugs.
Otherwise went pretty well
ScreenShot0213_2.jpg

ScreenShot0225.jpg

ScreenShot0220.jpg

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Nice screen shots @DirectorGunner care if I steal one for my Instagram page? Designed only to draw traffic to my YouTube Page.
I have no rights over any of my SC screenshots, all rights afaik belong to CIG, so YES of course and thank you.
IMO though @Hasgaha has the most amazing pics to use for things like that for conversions, he is a composition master

Reactions: marcsand2

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
So basically...

• Identify meeting point prior to event
  • Require participants to log out at meeting point prior to event
    • Those who are not ready have to catch up, do not delay event (like me)
  • Maintain comms dicipline, if you're in an event, keep the chatter, hemming and hawing to zero
  • Use team text chat in the event to communicate while event leader is talking
  • Be there on time... unlike I was... actually 30 min earlier
  • Speak in a sexy voice... that helps...

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
My only feedback is possible time management improvements
  • Could we let others know ahead of time where our spawn point should be for the event?
  • Give 5 mins for everyone to get ready for the party up and load server, if not ready then start server and the rest can try to join party/join friend. 5 mins to get ready and if too busy to not be ready in that 5 minutes of time then it's not hard to try to get into a server within a min after party launches it, usually. If someone comes back over 5 mins later then yes, ofc might be harder to get into a full server. But we shouldn't hold up majority's time for a minority to get their things in order. Let us take responsibility for ourselves to not hold back a party from launching.
  • If bugs make PU unplayable for most of the group, try something else like Arena commander or Star Marine, or different objective in PU that doesn't involve the bugs.
Otherwise went pretty well
View attachment 13040
View attachment 13041
View attachment 13042
If you look on the guilded calendar at the actual event, Location is set to Port Olisar. And yes, time management is much to be desired as we struggle immensely with broken party mechanics. Thanks for the input! (great screenshots!)

So basically...

• Identify meeting point prior to event
  • Require participants to log out at meeting point prior to event
    • Those who are not ready have to catch up, do not delay event (like me)
  • Maintain comms dicipline, if you're in an event, keep the chatter, hemming and hawing to zero
  • Use team text chat in the event to communicate while event leader is talking
  • Be there on time... unlike I was... actually 30 min earlier
  • Speak in a sexy voice... that helps...
Sexy voices are the only voices I know how to do.

Agrath

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 27, 2015
RSI Handle
bentst
Thanks for your time yesterday. Unfurtunately I had to go earlier.

I agree on the others points. But I'll make a summary as well:

* Be at the meeting point at the start of the event. Start the event after 5 minutes waiting.
- People that joins later gets notified of where we are then join us

* Voice chat dicipline when trying to accomplish something. I agree with Printimus in chat yesterday mentioning idtentifying who you want to relay a message to then identify yourself. Then say your message . This establishes a virtual direct line on a shared line, the others on the line should then wait with speaking. This will of course just work for a certain number of people, if there is a lot going on then there will always be several task that needs to share information. Maybe text chat can be used when this happens, then we will also get a summary of task that are done.
Another one mentioned dividing people into smaller groups and have an officer relaying information to the other officers in a separate chat. That sounds like a good idea when there is many people doing different things.

Example of establishing virtual direct line when doing onboarding on ship:
bentst is assigned to close the door when all is aboard.
printimus is the captain.

bentst:Printimus this is bentst
Printimus:yes bentst
bentst:everyone is boarded, closing door.

That way the captain can tick this task as done and start flying procedures.

* Still there should be times when voice coms is open for general chatter, I think many of the funny things will happen this way. This is a game after all and the purpose is to have great experiences and have fun. Sometimes chaos is fun as well. How this will work when a group of people are trying to fend of ships and another group is shopping clothing is probably by having several chat channels. Not sure if there is software that can do this.
For example
general chat can be open for general chat
several operations channels for ongoing operations (if they can be created when needed that would be cool)
closeby chat for people within "hearing distance" if that is possible.

Having general and "hearing distance" chat on voice activated and operations chats on button push(only one operations chat at a time for doers and officers. Officers must have a combined operations chat as well to coordinate between them).
When assigned to an operation doers get a chat channel from an officer.
Officers updates each others on the combined operations chat. An assigned commanding officer issues changes for operations if necesarry.
If there is alot of operations ongoing that can be grouped togheter into a larger combined group then commanding officers can have another channel to share information and a higher ranking officer is appointed to control this layer.
So always on "hearing distance chat". General chat when not doing operations, operations chat when doing tasks.
Officers on "hearing distance chat", assigned operation chat and officers assigned combined operations chat.

"hearing distance chat" for information that you would want someone close to you to know like:
"Which buttons do I push?"
"thats one ugly motherfucker"
"I am out of ammo"
"My shoes are dirty"
"Eh Sadis there is a large reptillian looking guy behind you"

Operations task to relay task specific information to other doers and the task officer like
"Retrieved object from target ship, returning to base"
"Sadis had a bad encounter with a reptillian guy and is recovering at the arc corp hospital"

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Thanks for your time yesterday. Unfurtunately I had to go earlier.

I agree on the others points. But I'll make a summary as well:

* Be at the meeting point at the start of the event. Start the event after 5 minutes waiting.
- People that joins later gets notified of where we are then join us

* Voice chat dicipline when trying to accomplish something. I agree with Printimus in chat yesterday mentioning idtentifying who you want to relay a message to then identify yourself. Then say your message . This establishes a virtual direct line on a shared line, the others on the line should then wait with speaking. This will of course just work for a certain number of people, if there is a lot going on then there will always be several task that needs to share information. Maybe text chat can be used when this happens, then we will also get a summary of task that are done.
Another one mentioned dividing people into smaller groups and have an officer relaying information to the other officers in a separate chat. That sounds like a good idea when there is many people doing different things.

Example of establishing virtual direct line when doing onboarding on ship:
bentst is assigned to close the door when all is aboard.
printimus is the captain.

bentst:Printimus this is bentst
Printimus:yes bentst
bentst:everyone is boarded, closing door.

That way the captain can tick this task as done and start flying procedures.

* Still there should be times when voice coms is open for general chatter, I think many of the funny things will happen this way. This is a game after all and the purpose is to have great experiences and have fun. Sometimes chaos is fun as well. How this will work when a group of people are trying to fend of ships and another group is shopping clothing is probably by having several chat channels. Not sure if there is software that can do this.
For example
general chat can be open for general chat
several operations channels for ongoing operations (if they can be created when needed that would be cool)
closeby chat for people within "hearing distance" if that is possible.

Having general and "hearing distance" chat on voice activated and operations chats on button push(only one operations chat at a time for doers and officers. Officers must have a combined operations chat as well to coordinate between them).
When assigned to an operation doers get a chat channel from an officer.
Officers updates each others on the combined operations chat. An assigned commanding officer issues changes for operations if necesarry.
If there is alot of operations ongoing that can be grouped togheter into a larger combined group then commanding officers can have another channel to share information and a higher ranking officer is appointed to control this layer.
So always on "hearing distance chat". General chat when not doing operations, operations chat when doing tasks.
Officers on "hearing distance chat", assigned operation chat and officers assigned combined operations chat.

"hearing distance chat" for information that you would want someone close to you to know like:
"Which buttons do I push?"
"thats one ugly motherfucker"
"I am out of ammo"
"My shoes are dirty"
"Eh Sadis there is a large reptillian looking guy behind you"

Operations task to relay task specific information to other doers and the task officer like
"Retrieved object from target ship, returning to base"
"Sadis had a bad encounter with a reptillian guy and is recovering at the arc corp hospital"
Great feedback! I appreciate the write-up. Smaller groups is something we will have to attempt next time we do this, for sure. Layered comm levels for different ranks is much desired but discord does not currently offer. I dont forsee the use of this type of layered voice comms until we start coordinating very large fleets of ships full of crews. So we got time to work on the smaller things for the time being. Proximity chat is something I hope CIG can get working and well within the actual game.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
  • comms discipline, already mentioned
  • be on time at the right spot, also mentioned
  • chain of command, also mentioned
  • give the organizer credits for organizing this event, he prepared the event, which can be very hard since he can't anticipate how much people will attend. The game can give enough problems with the current state of the party system, so as attendee, try to anticipate these problems. Know what to do and if you don't, the organizer will explain. Be patient, support him where you can. If you know the drill, assist the ones who don't and cause comms chatter trying to find out.
  • Use text channel when necessary, if the organizer asks who wants to do what, everybody starts to shout, very hard to keep track of things, type in #ops-comms your preferred role, it gives the organizer a better overview.
  • Last but not least, @Printimus gives direction over to the captain so he is able to get out of the instance to get latecomers without existing contacts the chance to join the instance. This is very good!!! Other people also can attend that role so @Printimus is able to direct the event even better. If necessary, jump to another voice channel to assist the newcomers without disturbing the ongoing comms.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
  • comms discipline, already mentioned
  • be on time at the right spot, also mentioned
  • chain of command, also mentioned
  • give the organizer credits for organizing this event, he prepared the event, which can be very hard since he can't anticipate how much people will attend. The game can give enough problems with the current state of the party system, so as attendee, try to anticipate these problems. Know what to do and if you don't, the organizer will explain. Be patient, support him where you can. If you know the drill, assist the ones who don't and cause comms chatter trying to find out.
  • Use text channel when necessary, if the organizer asks who wants to do what, everybody starts to shout, very hard to keep track of things, type in #ops-comms your preferred role, it gives the organizer a better overview.
  • Last but not least, @Printimus gives direction over to the captain so he is able to get out of the instance to get latecomers without existing contacts the chance to join the instance. This is very good!!! Other people also can attend that role so @Printimus is able to direct the event even better. If necessary, jump to another voice channel to assist the newcomers without disturbing the ongoing comms.
Thanks for the kind words and wisdom! This event seemed to be quite a hit. Would love to have you assist on the next one!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Would love to have you assist on the next one!
Well, I did, when you were AFK at the beginning and when we got scattered on PO. After that, I resumed my duty as a Janitor. Ow yeah!!!! I took control of the attacking team on the Valkyrie assault. Since Montoya couldn't locate me, I went in alone. Strangely I got killed by a blast, no incoming gunfire.... "...no grenades, no sniper rifles, only guns and rifles..." I guess the defending team got scared when they had to defend against a single person attacking team 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Printimus

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well most of the points are already write down by the others, just a few addition:
- prepare a list of equipment people need to have ready, like TEST color armours, weapon and clips... so there will be no waiting for those pople to prepare
on this point conseguece, if you onow you don't have the required equipments please make an affort to have them in advance, most of the time a few mission give you enough credit to buuy all you need.
- Please check your control key mapping: game is Alpha and bugged, but nothig can't work like a missmapped commands (do NOT thake the picture of keyboard mappig as reference... it is not updated, check the actual command list)

For combat mission there are some comment on the TSMC tread of past event, please take a look on them, I've write loookng review of what happen with suggestion and comment.

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Well most of the points are already write down by the others, just a few addition:
- prepare a list of equipment people need to have ready, like TEST color armours, weapon and clips... so there will be no waiting for those pople to prepare
on this point conseguece, if you onow you don't have the required equipments please make an affort to have them in advance, most of the time a few mission give you enough credit to buuy all you need.
- Please check your control key mapping: game is Alpha and bugged, but nothig can't work like a missmapped commands (do NOT thake the picture of keyboard mappig as reference... it is not updated, check the actual command list)

For combat mission there are some comment on the TSMC tread of past event, please take a look on them, I've write loookng review of what happen with suggestion and comment.
Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully CIG will give us the tools and game mechanics to speed up this process.

Reactions: marcsand2

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Hope yall are ready for another go this weekend! After all the wonderful feedback you all have provided, I will be making some tweaks to how this event is organized. See yall in the verse!

Reactions: Bambooza

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
A big thank you to all who showed up!
@Montoya
@BROXITON
@Cugino83
@GameFleek
@LoicFarris
@Thalstan
@CustyNegloid
@Paul

I apologize if i missed anyone, go ahead and tag someone if they were there and I forgot to mention them! Leave your critiques below. Please try to keep your criticism to things that we can actually change and have control over, such as comm discipline, or printimus was too fuckin bossy, or our pilot ran us into an asteroid. Things that are broken with the party system and mechanics that CIG has yet to implement, we know all about it. It seems like a few of you were more interested in combat which is something we can try to work into next time around.

Forgot your password?