Ship Showdown - Argo MPUV

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
That would've been the real joke, if instead of the cargo, the Pisces had eliminated the Carrack, which comes with a Pisces stock.
Maybe we should get the Pisces entered next year on memes alone. All memes can be centered around the phrase, "Why own a Carrack when you can own a Pisces?"

Just the dumbest shit about not needing a Carrack when we know damned well it comes with a Pisces.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Maybe we should get the Pisces entered next year on memes alone. All memes can be centered around the phrase, "Why own a Carrack when you can own a Pisces?"

Just the dumbest shit about not needing a Carrack when we know damned well it comes with a Pisces.
Or a pair of bumper stickers saying "I bought my Carrack to transport my Pisces" & "Pisces on board" stuck somewhere on a Carrack. Think minivan with the "Baby on board" stickers & indicators that annoy most people.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Or a pair of bumper stickers saying "I bought my Carrack to transport my Pisces" & "Pisces on board" stuck somewhere on a Carrack. Think minivan with the "Baby on board" stickers & indicators that annoy most people.
Welp, time to start making memes for next year...

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I bought both variants of the MPUV when they came out. I’ve only used them for a few things, but mainly they were LTI tokens until I started using my imagination. At first I would do ARGO air shows at Olisar, just doing rolls and loops through the rings waiting for someone to say “wow, that guy in the ARGO is an excellent pilot! I sure wouldn’t want to tangle with him PvP!”(no one ever said that BTW). Then, I would spawn one at Levski and fly out to one of those really tall mining rigs outside the armistice zone, land on top of it, and snipe at the ships on final approach with the shoulder fired missile launcher. VERY satisfying to hear someone say “hey, was that a missile that just flew by us?”(but no one ever said that, either). What it was and still is useful for is fast transport to hand laser mining sites. Much faster and safer than ground vehicles, although not as profitable with the arrival of the ROCs.

I just see potential in them now. I can’t imagine CIG came up with these things just as memes. I envision small fleets of these things for hire to load big haulers, and when we get permanent settlements, they can be fast transportation between outposts and other ground destinations. I’ve just talked myself into buying another one! Damn it, CIG!!

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
The competition isn't over, though, as the FIRST place winner will also get a special themed in-game backpack! All prizes will be released at the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE) later this year.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The competition isn't over, though, as the FIRST place winner will also get a special themed in-game backpack! All prizes will be released at the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE) later this year.
...well they kept that quiet, didn't they.

Now look what I've got on my hands.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
All the more reason to vote for either the MSR or 600i to beat the ARGO Cargo unless by some miracle the C2 steals the win before time runs out. Otherwise we'll get an ugly turd looking backpack that nearly nobody would ever actually use placed in all of our hangars to take up space. The C2 & MSR shapes would be interesting as backpacks & lets face it, the top down shape of a 600i could easily be confused as 1 in silhouette.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
All the more reason to vote for either the MSR or 600i to beat the ARGO Cargo unless by some miracle the C2 steals the win before time runs out. Otherwise we'll get an ugly turd looking backpack that nearly nobody would ever actually use placed in all of our hangars to take up space. The C2 & MSR shapes would be interesting as backpacks & lets face it, the top down shape of a 600i could easily be confused as 1 in silhouette.
I just tried the Argo Cargo... and honestly... It could be used as a backpack...

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I really thought the C2 would win. It was super close! But now that the Argo is in the finals and we know it'll be a backpack, I really want it to win!

The Argo Cargo is literally the backpack ship of SC. It would be the perfect fit! I know we all loved the MSR when it was concepted and first released, but the more time I spent in it, the more I didn't really care for the ship. It's just a bit bland imo.

That's why I'm voting Argo in the finals.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Forgot your password?