Ship showdown predictions?

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
One day into this, and looking at the TOP tab on the voting website.. the MSR has already won. Hands down, it is sending everybody else home.

Carrack is doing well, no surprise.

Sabre Raven has an early start too.. one of the best looking ships in the game, and 'Most Likely' to have a doppelganger waiting to be sold in the future.

Fortunately, there is still much time for the rest of the bracket to fill out.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
There's zero chance the Sabre Raven is going to make it on the brackets.
Sadly true...the Raven has a good style, but it so rare that many player very likely doesn0t even know what it is or its capability (or lack of...), plus it does semas that single seater craft are not so appreciated in this contest: the one that advance further was the Titan last year and it loose by far against the Cuttlass so....

I've to say I'll be plesenty surprise if the Nomads get in the final 4, after all regardless of the "crane's operator's cabin"-like cockpit is a nice capable ship.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Sadly true...the Raven has a good style, but it so rare that many player very likely doesn0t even know what it is or its capability (or lack of...), plus it does semas that single seater craft are not so appreciated in this contest: the one that advance further was the Titan last year and it loose by far against the Cuttlass so....

I've to say I'll be plesenty surprise if the Nomads get in the final 4, after all regardless of the "crane's operator's cabin"-like cockpit is a nice capable ship.
Single seater ships don't make it into the final 4? I'm pretty sure that the Eclipse would disagree based on it's sweet BIS skin from last year.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Single seater ships don't make it into the final 4? I'm pretty sure that the Eclipse would disagree based on it's sweet BIS skin from last year.
True, but that is the only single seater ship out of 8 finalist that actually made that far, all other single seater, even the most polupar fighter like the Arrow, never get past the second round... at lest so far.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm going to have to wait for the 16 finalists to be announced.

As with anything who's entry requirements are based on how much noise the comminity makes about something, when we have 3 million+ backers but only about 5,000 invested enough at this point (if that) to be on Spectrum and make a suggestion on who the final entries should be, the polling sample will be vunerable to skew...

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Here is my bracket

View attachment 21321

But for me i think it will come down to the c2 or MSR

Template attached
Hmm preatty much what I expect too, just have some doubt on the MPUV VS the MAX... I the little ARGO have a lot of lovers but the MAX feel more well placed in term of capability, I'll say the MAX will be the one ahead.
The second hard hard fight will be the Gladius VS the Saber: both are very capable fighter ones more agile, othe other with more firepower and stealth. Losing a shield make them more comparable but I think that will be an head ot head match.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Man if the c2 beats the carrack that will be a bloody shame
Well I don't see it as impossibile as it sound: Carrack is a great ship, but the C2 has a more flexyble cargo bay being able to carry bot a either of cargo or the largest vehicles atcually in game.
The interior will be favor the Carrack but most of them doesn't really have a purpose right now, while the lack of pilot controlled weapons, compared to che C2, is a big drowback in the current state of the game.
C2 VS Carrack will be an interesting match.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My hope for the final 4 are (in no particular order) :

Carrack (Obviously)
MSR (Also obvious due to it not being eligible for last years BIS & hopefully eliminates the Cutty Black)
C2 Hercules (The clear decimator of the Cat & can also function as a pocket carrier, so should be a lock as long as it's not in a bracket with the Carrack & MSR until the final 4.)
Vanguard (Next year will most likely be filled by the Redeemer.)

In my opinion, CIG needs to ban ships like the Cutlass Black from eligible given how many times it's already received its BIS skins. I also feel that there shouldn't be competition between the variants of a ship since they can share the same BIS skin should they make it to the final 4.
Looks like I might have called 3 of the top 4.

Here my pronostic :
Carrack
MSR
Retaliator
600I
I'd be perfectly happy if either the Retaliator, the 600i or the Banu Defender eliminate the Cutlass Black as it's already had multiple top 4 placements.

After seeing the brackets

MSR, Carrack, C2, Cutlass
I agree, but I'm hoping that there's enough people that are wanting the Cutlass Black to lose to outnumber those that want it to win.

Here is my bracket

View attachment 21321

But for me i think it will come down to the c2 or MSR

Template attached
While I mostly agree with this bracket, I can see that there's going to be a few close calls along the way. If it comes down to Carrack vs MSR, that will be a clash of the popularity titans.

Other good contests will be Gladius v Saber, MPUV Cargo v Maxx & Reclaimer v MOLE

Yeah don't think the carrack will win 2x I think it will come down to the MSR or C2

C2 will probably beat the carrack cause its NEW
I'll be perfectly happy if either the Carrack, C2 or MSR take the top spot.

Man if the c2 beats the carrack that will be a bloody shame
This depends on how you look at it. While yes, the C2 has a lot of its functionality currently nerfed by CIG failing those of us that want to enjoy trading / cargo hauling like we use to be able to enjoy, the C2 can be used as a true pocket carrier better than the Carrack. So those might a closer fight than expected before the release of the C2.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hmm preatty much what I expect too, just have some doubt on the MPUV VS the MAX... I the little ARGO have a lot of lovers but the MAX feel more well placed in term of capability, I'll say the MAX will be the one ahead.
The second hard hard fight will be the Gladius VS the Saber: both are very capable fighter ones more agile, othe other with more firepower and stealth. Losing a shield make them more comparable but I think that will be an head ot head match.
Or you could call the Gladius v Saber a dog fight. ;p

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
first round winners
C2
Reclaimer
Carrack
Freelancer Max
Cutlass Black
Retaliator Bomber
Mercury Star Runner
Sabre

My most vulnerable picks are the Retaliator, Cutlass black and Sabre

Second round winners
C2
Carrack
Cutlass Black
Mercury Star Runner

Third round winners
Carrack
Mercury Star Runner

Winner
Mercury Star Runner

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It's that time of year again!

Todays contenders, the New Hotness vs a prior Fan Favourite. Will loyalties remain firm or are pilots only after one thing - a big cargo hold?

Round 1Round 2Semi-FinalsFinalsWinner!
C2 Hercules
Caterpillar?
Reclaimer?
Mole?
Carrak?
Constellation Andromeda?
Argo Cargo?
Freelancer Max?
?
Cutlass Black?
600i Explorer?