Ship Showdown - The Eliminator.

Alia_and_Gotin

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 1, 2020
RSI Handle
Alia Traprunner
Gotin and I just spent several hours playing with the Carrack and the Reclaimer as we'd not used either one at all yet. The Reclaimer is pretty amazing, I'll look forward to seeing what it can do when you can actually use it for what its made for. The designing is really cool!. The Carrack was fun too and more useful right now. It had some features I liked, some not so much, but it looks like a really good long haul exploration vessel, which of course is what its supposed to do. Fun night! Looking forward to playing with some of the others in the Showdown that I've not seen. I ended up voting Carrack for over all usability right now. (I may have to get a Reclaimer one day though.....)

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Looks like the Carrack is eating the Reclaimer's breakfast. Here's hoping that it'll also eat the lunch of the ship in its next round. Carrack for the final 4 if not winner overall.
The Reclaimer will be an awesome ship, but actually it has his legs chopped off by the lack of the salvaging gameplay and without it the Carrack, even if lacking the Exploretion gameplay, is far superior: more agile, easy to pilot, capable of carry a rover, hangar of a paraside ship and with elevator that actually work (ok sort of...)!!

I won't be surprise if the carrak will be the winner of this year, ofr other finalist my bet are the Caterpillar, the Prowler, Cutlass and 890j... still hope to see an Avenger there 'tho....

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
After about 15 hours the votes stand heavily in the Carracks favour, a late groundswell to save the Reclaimers reputation seems unlikely... has 2950 produced a new contender for the crown?

View attachment 18584

Only time, and wild assumptions until that point, will tell.
I love what they did with the Carrack design, but I voted Reclaimer...it's my first love!

Although honestly I think the Hercules is going to blow the Carrack away when it comes out. Carrack was built with the new way of making ships and it's very shiny right now, but already wearing off a bit for me. I think the ships released from here on out will be amazing. I'm hoping we see a rework to a few this next year.

But admit it, if the MSR had been released for this contest it would win hands down!

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
Each of you is entitled to your own opinions. Mine is that I'm strongly against CIG allowing past Ship Showdown final 4 winners being allowed to ever compete in the annual competition again. There's enough vehicles in the verse to not need them. This being said, my overall final 4 picks will be Carrack, Banu Defender, Avenger Titan & 890J. Which ships are each of you routing for?
My pick for final 4 would be: Prospector, Gladius, Cutlass & Valkyrie.
My guess for the actual final four is: Carrack, Hammerhead, Constellation & 890 Jump.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Original post updated, the Carrack rides while the Reclaimer hides!

Today, Round 1 bout 2 of 8, the Caterpillar and the Prospector - but which will fill its hold with gold and which will have to make do with the Waste contract?

Cast your votes, ladies and gents, the day is but young and it is all to play for!

1599755117824.png

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
RIP Reclaimer, the Carrack has salvaged it for itself in the 1st round. Here's hoping that the Prospector can somehow mine a hole through the future of the Cat this round. I'm hoping that the Defender will somehow manage to claim the 2nd final 4 spot. Anything other than the Hammerhead since it's already won before.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I love what they did with the Carrack design, but I voted Reclaimer...it's my first love!

Although honestly I think the Hercules is going to blow the Carrack away when it comes out. Carrack was built with the new way of making ships and it's very shiny right now, but already wearing off a bit for me. I think the ships released from here on out will be amazing. I'm hoping we see a rework to a few this next year.

But admit it, if the MSR had been released for this contest it would win hands down!

I love my Carrack but I agree the Reclaimer should have had a chance as it deserves to be in the final four it just got a bad bracket placement. Its going to be interesting next year with the Hercules and Mercury possibly being added. Then again an argument can be made for most ships being in the top 4, well besides the Starfarer and 600i as both ships insides are just a mess.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I love my Carrack but I agree the Reclaimer should have had a chance as it deserves to be in the final four it just got a bad bracket placement. Its going to be interesting next year with the Hercules and Mercury possibly being added. Then again an argument can be made for most ships being in the top 4, well besides the Starfarer and 600i as both ships insides are just a mess.
Reclaimer was in the final 4 last year, we don’t need another best in show skin for it, but we could certainly use one for others.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
No, I am not saying the Starfarer is a bad ship as I do like flying it. Just its internal layout is a complete mess.
The ship itself is not bad, but the difference between the base and the Gemini is just a paint color and added missiles. It's supposed to be structurally different inside and have armor to protect (whenever that's in). Not to mention the S6 turret on top and two S4s on the back. Plus both of them are said to have S5 for the pilot, but I guess that's just wrong?

It do enjoy it very much and it's one of my favorite to use and fly, but it does need the inside completely redone and even part of the outside. I'm very excited for the rework, but it will have to wait until we get a LOT more functionality in the game. Which I'm happy to wait for, but I do like to bring it up every once in a while.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I defenetly second that, next year with the MRS and very likely the Hercules on game will be a really fun competition...hopefully we'll see also the Corsair and the ability to dock the Merlin to the Conny series... it will be a much more diverse competition with more ship in the same expected role...

I like the 600i interior... it need some adjustment but is not that bad... the Starfarer... wel that's another story...

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
next year with the MRS and very likely the Hercules on game will be a really fun competition
the Reclaimer should have had a chance as it deserves to be in the final four it just got a bad bracket placement
This is my fear for the MSR and Hercules next year. They'll match the two of them up in the first bracket and everyone knows those two would reach the final four.

I wonder what their system for placement on the bracket is? Cause the Reclaimer really got done dirty this year. I wish they had placed the Carrack up against the Cat round one. The Cat won last year and luckily they'll meet up in round two so too many ships don't get knocked out before they have a shot.

I voted for the Prospector simply because I think the Cat is overrated. People mostly love it for the cargo running role and it makes them a ton of creds. Maybe next year or so it'll have its switchable pods and actually be loved for its true purpose and functionality.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The usefulness of the Carrack outmatches most of the top tier ships so far. I use it, all the time now. It's been fun Caterpillar but there's a more fun show in town...
Ya, I use my Carrack most of the time now in the verse. My only complaint is I really wish the main elevator went to the ground. It really doesn't make sense why it doesn't especially with the weapon and armor lockers right there on the first level. I'd also want to flip the medical entrance 180 so that it was facing the main elevator, then it would really have a good flow.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
First post updated, Prospector punished by the Caterpillar crew with nearly double the number of votes showering that Cat with glory!

Today, Round 1 bout 3 of 8, the Banu Defender and the Gladius - but which will take the bout, the Aegis stalwart or the Banu bruiser?

Forgot your password?