Original LTI Ships and Ground Vehicles for TESTies

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I spent a few hours to go through my entire buyback list and make a new spreadsheet table. OP updated with complete extras inventory (minus my personal buybacks). There are a few CCUs I may want to end up keeping on my list but.. for the most part everything is up for grabs at cost + pp fees so I'm not out of pocket for the trade. If I were rich, I'd be giving these away or at least covering the pp fees, but.. i'm not.. yet.

As far as a sabre.. I have 1 comet left and 1 CCU regular sabre in the list, both up for grabs for TESTies. Need to be paypal verified btw for me to do a trade with ya.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
:/
Oh well, I've waited 5 days for a reply :p..
Yea for some reason the flag on the forum doesn't show me all replies in subscribed threads in that feed.
It's best to send me a PM if you're trying to get a hold of me or use twitter.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
PSA
Just an update I got from Concierge a few weeks back...
DO NOT MELT your PHYSICAL pledges.. those old pledges, can not be unmelted / bought back starting since 2015.
The physical items in them will be shipped out closer to SC official release to YOU if the pledge is in your hangar... even if it was gifted to you.
Whoever has the pledge in their hangar.. is the one who gets the physical items.

The same my apply to other very old pledges, so be careful. When in doubt about being able to later buyback very rare pledges before melting, ask concierge. Wait for a response... it may take up to a week or more sometimes for a response.

That is the end of this PSA.. thank you

TOXYK

Commander
Donor
Oct 3, 2017
RSI Handle
TOXYK
@DirectorGunner - I have something I've been wondering and you seem like the right guy to ask.

I currently have a Hornet (Base), and I am wanting to (at some point) upgrade to the Super, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I'm also hoping to get LTI on the Super.

My Hornet is attached to my game package (SC+SM+SQ42 - upgraded from Aurora MR > LN > Stalker > Hornet (Base) NON-LTI)

I've never melted/traded/bought back anything yet; I've only CCU'd ships, so this is all new to me.

So what I'm wondering is, what would be my best way to go about the upgrade? I'm OK with buying on the Grey Market. I'd assume I'd have to have an LTI Argo/Nox/Dragonfly or X1 to CCU from as well.

So, my final goal would look like this:
  1. Full game package
  2. Super Hornet LTI
  3. Spend as little as necessary
- Thanks in advance for any advice you're able to offer!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@TOXYK
You must split your game package from your Hornet to get LTI.
Be sure that you still have a buy back token
upload_2017-10-6_0-57-25.png

Melt your game package, $60 for the MR+game package + CCU to SH $85 should be $145 store credits
Buy back your game package, it will come as a MR, $85 left
Buy a LTI token, an Origin X1 for $35, $50 left (in store they are worth $35, $40 and $45, upgrade value is $40, $45 and $50, so you save $5)
Buy an upgrade from the X1 to Hornet $70, $50 store credits and $20 cash

Now you will have your MR + Game package non LTI and a Hornet LTI.
Wait for the anniversary sale this year and buy a CCU from Hornet to Super Hornet for $70 cash.

The conversion from non LTI Hornet to LTI Hornet will cost you $20, because you saved $5 with the X1.

Grey market at least ask a little profit and paypal fees.

TOXYK

Commander
Donor
Oct 3, 2017
RSI Handle
TOXYK
@TOXYK
You must split your game package from your Hornet to get LTI.
Be sure that you still have a buy back token
View attachment 7661

Melt your game package, $60 for the MR+game package + CCU to SH $85 should be $145 store credits
Buy back your game package, it will come as a MR, $85 left
Buy a LTI token, an Origin X1 for $35, $50 left (in store they are worth $35, $40 and $45, upgrade value is $40, $45 and $50, so you save $5)
Buy an upgrade from the X1 to Hornet $70, $50 store credits and $20 cash

Now you will have your MR + Game package non LTI and a Hornet LTI.
Wait for the anniversary sale this year and buy a CCU from Hornet to Super Hornet for $70 cash.

The conversion from non LTI Hornet to LTI Hornet will cost you $20, because you saved $5 with the X1.

Grey market at least ask a little profit and paypal fees.
Thank you for the help @marcsand2! I think I understand, but please let me run it back at you to make sure I've got it right
  1. Melt: Game package for store credit
  2. Buyback: Aurora MR game package
  3. Buy: X1 LTI
  4. CCU: X1 LTI > Hornet base (receives LTI thru CCU)
  5. CCU: Hornet LTI > Super LTI (either on the grey market or wait for anniversary sale)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Thank you for the help @marcsand2! I think I understand, but please let me run it back at you to make sure I've got it right
  1. Melt: Game package for store credit
  2. Buyback: Aurora MR game package
  3. Buy: X1 LTI
  4. CCU: X1 LTI > Hornet base (receives LTI thru CCU)
  5. CCU: Hornet LTI > Super LTI (either on the grey market or wait for anniversary sale)
yeap, that is correct. Instead of 2., Buyback the MR game package you also can buy a new game package with store credits. That way you don't have to wait a day before you can buy back your original package

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
@TOXYK My honest best advice,
get the Weekend Warrior LTI pack from the grey market. It may cost $20 to $50 more or so... cuz you know.. greymarket likes overcharging... but it will come with LTI, Superhornet, and some extra swag if the Super Hornet is going to be your primary ship.
I'm looking for one myself tbh, I know a TESTie with one on buyback but I think she decided to hold onto it lol, don't blame her, it's a really cool pledge to have if you fly the SH a lot.

The other option you could CCU of course from a game package with LTI to the Super Hornet. game packages with LTI are a LOT easier to find than going after a weekend warrior but the price ranges are all over the place depending on what it is. So if you don't care about doing a CCU, but want to keep things kind of neat and together, that's another option.

A 3rd option is to do the SQ42 and SC game downloads only trick to get each game package individually, BUY with real cash a a LTI ship from the RSI store, right now that would be the X1. This allows your ship to be giftable if you get an emergency or desire to get rid of it and get your money back in a constructive way that doesn't hurt CIG. Once you have your two game packages, and base LTI token bought with cash, use the left over RSI credit in your account to purchase a CCU to the Super Hornet.

Hope this helps.

TOXYK

Commander
Donor
Oct 3, 2017
RSI Handle
TOXYK
@TOXYK wait I have much better plan for you and you will save money and not need to spend anymore do not waste your buyback token. I will explain it once I get home as right now I do not have time to do it.
:confused: Umm ok - I don't think I'll be doing it right away anyways, might have the money to upgrade by the Anniversary sale

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I was referring to Star Marine (SM). My package includes 3 month insurance.

Hey @DirectorGunner I didn't intend to take your post off-topic, sorry about that! If it's a problem, please let me know and I'll start a PM with @Sirus7264
Yea better to PM Sirus or talk on his thread more about this imo, Star Marine btw is included with any game package that includes Star Citizen download or Arena Commander access. Not sure about SQ42 only packages.

Forgot your password?