Original LTI Ships and Ground Vehicles for TESTies

DirectorGunner

Grand Admiral
Officer
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Hi There.
Need a LTI ship but didn't have the cash to get it at the time of sale?

Here's all the LTI original pledges I have available: :tophat:
SHIP | quantity available | RSI melt cost

PLEASE NOTE:
I am the original owner of all these pledges, most are in my buybacks.
To calculate your paypal fees you can use this link http://www.gregledet.net/ppfcm.html
for invoices, PayPal's international fee rate is 4.8% + $0.30, I'll refund the paypal fee difference depending on your fees after the invoice is paid.
If you are not buying with ETH cryptocurrency, you must be paypal verified to trade with me.
I maintain the right to refuse to sell to some individuals, explanation is below right before the edited section.

My related reddit store is here
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/7isgt0/store_gunners_depot_at_cost_pp_fees_lti_pledges/

If there's something you need not listed above, try out any of these fellow TESTie stores.
Some even offer at cost from buybacks too.
Blind Owl's Emporium of Ships and Stuff
Elmy's Buyback shop
GrumpyCat We'll miss you
Makute-We'll miss you
Phantomoftruth Hangar Spring Cleaning
Marcel Busse strookas store
Sirus7264 Buyback shop
SpudNyk's Buybacks for TESTies

If there's still something you can not find, make a WTB thread in the marketplace here
and hopefully one of these legendary backer TESTies will be willing to help you out.

Also, my buyback pledges are open to anyone that is
A)
Paypal verified or pays with ETH cryptocurrency
and
B)
Does not sell pledges for profit as a business anywhere (I will check)
if you sold a couple ships for profit before that's okay.. I just do not want to sell an at cost pledge to
a seller that will then go around and sell the same pledge for a big profit or charging people profit
when they just benefited from an at cost sale.
This has happened before and I don't want the same experience of finding out again.

EDIT: UPDATE JULY 2018
This tutorial below is a relic of the past, LTI pledges are now WARBOND only.
Meaning you can only get them with real cash.
You can no longer leverage your RSI to a mass excessive LTI buybacks for your fleet/friends/etc.

IMO this makes older LTI buybacks that much more valuable for the community at large.
Once they're gone, they're gone. No more excess of LTI tokens and LTI pledges.

If you haven't done a bunch of grey market / p2p ship trades,
please read my tutorial below for your own safety.

The following became outdated when in 2018 CIG only put LTI on Warbond pledges or large packs.

Quick tutorial on how to pledge when you want and how you want.
Simple solution is to have the value of the most expensive ship you want or more in RSI credit which you can use to juggle ship purchases. Simply put, 24 hours after you buy, melt your ships (NON-warbond) and repeat until you build up your buyback list with all ships you want in your fleet.
Your buyback list is now your long term pledge plan!
Let me explain.
You can take your time now and buy your ships back with cash,
and then finalize your RSI credit on that most expensive ship you wanted...
OR keep the credit floating to continue to secure yourself concept ships.
There is one caveat... CIG says they do not want the buyback list as long term storage (which IMO is counter production for generating more income) and they will eventually do away with it all together. However when that time comes they'll give us plenty of warning. So keep this in mind as you create your long term pledge plan. It also helps to create a spreadsheet of all your buybacks with their quantities and costs.

For example, I've calculated via using a spreadsheet, that once I finalize my RSI credit to secure a Javelin, my long term pledge plan would be somewhere over $7,630 for the rest of the ships that I want. With this info I can plan how much to set aside a month over the next two years... which comes to about $318 a month... For me.. that's a bit too much to spend on entertainment each month.. But add in tax returns and eBay sales and some other bonus income... and it turns out to be more manageable over a 2 year period. Then if I consider the possible utility (econ term) that my pledges will provide me over the course of Star Citizen's lifespan... it may actually become a great use of my income for entertainment purposes. But I digress.

Some things to consider first and while continuing to pledge:
  1. I know I may never be able to fully attain my long term pledge goal before the buyback list is done away with. Keep this in mind while building your long term pledge plan.
  2. I don't yet know how NPCs and player ship renting will work in the PU. So if I'm the only one able to fly or use my own ships then I'll have to adapt my pledge goal. Keep this in mind if you're building a large fleet.
  3. Long term pledging in this fashion is not for everyone. But consider this... If you do micro-purchases on mobile games.. if over time you find yourself spending hundreds to thousands on games like that (like myself)... Star Citizen would be a good alternative candidate for your micro-purchase spending... which will actually do some real good (supporting this game's development) and in some cases may even be tax deductible (speak with your CPA).
  4. Some ships are haul limited. Such as idris, javelin, etc.. if you melt these you may not be able to buy them back. Keep that in mind when building your long term pledge plan. see replied comments below

In my opinion, there is a REALLY DUMB stigma when it comes to grey market trading of ship pledges.
Most of that stigma comes from people making a profit from selling their pledges and scammers.
Here's my views.
  • YES you take full responsibility when trading pledges and CIG is not able to intervene if issues arise.
  • YES it's much much higher risk than just pledging directly.
  • NO buying a pledge from someone's buyback DOES HELP CIG, all that money for the buyback goes directly to CIG. And so long as the trade was only for cost + pp fees, the only thing that doesn't go to CIG is the small pp fee so that the seller doesn't incur a loss.
  • You can melt the pledges you acquire by trading and buy them back with cash. This resets the date acquired for the pledge BUT allows you to gift it if so desired. And the added benefit of DOUBLING the income CIG would otherwise make because of you MELTING a GIFT and BUYING it back... AGAIN.. directly through CIG.
  • Instead of referring to the subreddit, I am now simply telling people to find a friend or an ORG mate who has a buyback for the ship they want and ask if they'll GIFT it. The terms of such to be discussed privately between the two of them. This way I am not referring to a "greymarket platform" and encouraging the CIG gifting system to be used within the confines of the personal agreement between the two parties trading.
  • In my opinion, selling ship pledges for a large cash profit is disgusting. Because you're not fairly ENABLING fellow SC fans to acquire what they missed out on. You're instead increasing the penalty of missing out on a pledge. And the fallacious rationality of "well it's rare and this is what others are selling it for" is dumb and selfish. In my opinion "OTHERS" selling for a profit, or turning pledge trading into a business NEED TO FIND ANOTHER BUSINESS to get into. Selling any pledge for a profit is not within the spirit of what the pledge system was for. The pledge system was made to SUPPORT CIG... NOT YOU. So find another hobby or "business". #triggered
  • Just be honest, responsible, and respectful (seller and buyer) to each other and all will go well!
I hope the tutorial part of this post was helpful.

See my next reply below for more details and info which can't fit on this post.
https://testsquadron.com/threads/ships-for-testies-long-term-pledge-plan-tutorial.9423/#post-153841

Last edited:

makute

Vice Admiral
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
In my experience, "Limited Hull" ships can certainly be unmelted. I've bought back 890's and Phoenixes (original concepts, of course, upgrades are lost after melt). And I know for a fact that Idrises can be unmelted too.

You must be aware of "Limited Sales" packages tough. I.e.: the discounted Aurora Starter and the AMD Never Settle packages can not be unmelted.

DirectorGunner

Grand Admiral
Officer
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
For those that don't know,
here's what a proper invoice should look like for doing trades...
This one has already been completed which is why $0 is due. And sensitive info has been blurred out

P.S. If you need motion graphics, check out my motion graphics thread for TESTies
https://testsquadron.com/threads/gunners-motion-graphics-thread-test-propaganda.10805/

P.S.A.
BUYING RSI CREDITS ARE RISKY, SEE THIS LINK.

https://testsquadron.com/threads/scammers-on-the-rise.11066/

Update to my tutorial Nov 30th 2017:
I secured a Javelin during the 2017 Anniversary sale with my RSI credit. The pledge plan is working.

And after pledging for a warbond hammerhead.. I found myself $100 away from the wing commander level in billing and around $4K away from completionist if I melt most (not all)... so I decided on a new pledge plan for myself. Completionist in about a year from now. Pledging can become addicting and can be a slippery slope. I don't make a lot of money like others in concierge so it's a lot harder for me to get to these pledge levels which makes pledging like this borderline unhealthy. But it makes me happy (most of the time). So consider these things, going forward, if you're just now beginning your concierge pledge journey. Thanks for reading my update and thoughts.

Update June 2018:
Pledge Goal achieved!

Melted nearly everything, and after going through concierge support for a checkout error, I got into the digital completionist pack that was my final goal. Idris-M and Captured Scythe acquired. Goal posts have moved now to acquiring one of every ship in game (that's reasonable) until release. With buyback list, there's only a handful left to get that are not in my buybacks. That final mission I posted here

Post will be updated to reflect new additions and trades:
  • 11/25/2016 Day 8 of anniversary sale not yet reflected in available ships
  • 12/10/2016 Added notice about 24 hour cooldown period to gift ships purchased of buyback list. I forgot some people don't know about that. Also added a link and info to calculate PayPal fees. And also added PayPal verified requirement.
  • 01/08/2017 traded Endeavor x1 General Research & x1 Science Research modules to halfsane
  • 08/02/2017 traded Herald Anniversary 2016 Edition to Blind Owl
  • 08/27/2017 traded Sabre Comet LTI to StfDev
  • 10/09/2017 added x62 ADD-ONS - RACE TEAM PACK - LTI x48 ADD-ONS - X1 THREE-PACK - LTI x26 STANDALONE SHIP - X1 BASELINE EDITION - LTI x28 STANDALONE SHIP - X1 FORCE EDITION - LTI x27 STANDALONE SHIP - X1 VELOCITY EDITION - LTI
  • 10/19/2017 traded 85X To Warlock CCU to Mich Angel
  • 10/21/2017 traded 85x to Carrak CCU to spectre44
  • 10/27/2017 added x2 STANDALONE SHIP - CONSOLIDATED OUTLAND PIONEER LTI
  • 11/26/2017 traded x1 Add-Ons - Kastak Arms Custodian SMG - Citizencon 2947 Edition and x1 Add-Ons - Citizencon 2947 Trophy to GeneticPredator
  • 11/26/2017 added x1 STANDALONE SHIP - AEGIS HAMMERHEAD LTI will try to add a few more in coming days if possible. I'm now a Jav owner and going for an Idris-P tonight.
  • 12/01/2017 traded Add-ons - Starfarer + Nox 2 Pack LTI to Cody Starbuck
  • 12/04/2017 traded Add-Ons - Warden Battlefield Upgrade Kit - Valentines Day 2017 to Richard Bong
  • 01/02/2018 traded ADD-ONS - ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE MEGA PACK LTI on reddit to dreamcast
  • 01/06/2018 traded STANDALONE SHIP - AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE - LTI to MisterKing
  • 01/15/2018 traded STANDALONE SHIP - ESPERIA VANDUUL GLAIVE - VANDUUL SWARM (48 months) to drizzt001
  • 01/26/2018 traded ADD-ONS - STARFARER + NOX 2 PACK LTI to fbmbirds
  • 06/29/2018 traded STANDALONE SHIP - X1 BASELINE EDITION - LTI and STANDALONE SHIP - F7C HORNET WILDFIRE - LTI to Zapper Weisman
  • 10/22/2017 traded STANDALONE SHIP - TUMBRIL CYCLONE LTI to wmk

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Grand Admiral
Officer
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Updated thread about 24 hour cooldown when gifting ships purchased off buyback list. And also gave info on paypal fees with a calculator and that I req PayPal verified for my own safety.

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Grand Admiral
Officer
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I added 22 Banu Defender packs available for buyback by the end of this weekend.
They're standard packs at $515 each but with LTI and since the BMM will be getting bigger,
price will likely go up again so I figured it'd be a good idea for me to nab these now for others later.
And as always with me, cost + pp fees is my MO.

Elmy

Rear Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
I'm not sure what reason this came up. But the 24h cooldown only applies to melting. There is none on gifting.
If you buy back something. You can gift it right away. The only other cooldown i know of is if you are new on rsi.

Now that I have thought about it.
It makes sense why many thinks there is a 24h gift cooldown.
People that are new have a 24h cooldown to gift anything they buy on rsi. So not really related to buybacks directly.
But this is not permanent. I think it last like a week or so. Then they got no cooldown on gifting like everyone else

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Grand Admiral
Officer
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Thank's Elmy, I think I'm still gonna leave the 24hr disclaimer just to be safe though, even though I've not had to wait 24hours yet on any buyback purchase to gift sent. I read some who gift too much in one day do get a cooldown. But I don't know if that's true or not myself as I haven't hit that limit yet if there is one.

Elmy

Rear Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
Thank's Elmy, I think I'm still gonna leave the 24hr disclaimer just to be safe though, even though I've not had to wait 24hours yet on any buyback purchase to gift sent. I read some who gift too much in one day do get a cooldown. But I don't know if that's true or not myself as I haven't hit that limit yet if there is one.
There is a gift limit per day. that is true. I have experienced that myself. haha
I think it's 5 per day. But my memory sucks. Oh and it's whatever comes first. It's that or the total of 1000$. This I am very sure of.

Last edited: