you should send me one of those laptops to 'test'

you might even get it back one day

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
So, should I get a sound card. I have these speakers http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/speaker-system-z623 with this input.

Now, would it be better to just get this plug

and install in the rear input (green) on the motherboard, or just keep it the way it is with one of these. (green to green)

Or like I stated earlier get a sound card.
It sounds fine but is there a real difference?
I actually only use Corsair H2100's and have no real experience with sound cards TBH. Someone on here would know though.

Okay hey anyone want any of this stuff? We are actually not going to be using these. Shoutout to the homies at MSI for hooking us up these and some other goodies but let's face it these are not the GPU's for Star Citizen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalarast

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Possibri Possibri, that stuff in the cabinets is vape juice not modelling paint right?

Don't know if I really want a mouse like that, and my 780Ti suits ME fine. My brother would probably be peachy with a 960 though, might even get him off LoL for a bit and try out SC...

Also, not 21 so I can't ask for the beer :/ Will be a full-fledged TEST member before PU launch though!

Reactions: CitizenDad

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
960s are fun cards. Are great for general use and is on my list to eventually get to put in the server for rendering.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Oh, I'll take a pint of each tap if you're giving it away.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Holy shit, I just looked up where Portland is relative to the route that I may need to take from LA to Vancouver, and it's on the way(!!!!). I will beg my boss for that 40+ hour round trip just to stop at your bar.

Oregon is nowhere near where I thought it was.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
lol, "does anyone want a 960"

o yea... well i wouldnt mind if thats wat your saying... *stis here gaming with r9270x's*

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I would love a 960 if it would let me play SC even at low settings. I want to wait until launch to splash out on a primo card

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
My 750ti can play it reasonably at 1080p, I'm sure a 960 would make you very happy.
I would not personally play this game on anything less than a Titan X or 980 but I am spoiled so that is my disclaimer, and will not suggest playing without anything less than a 970. But if you guys want to play on lower settings and do not mind the "lower" FPS then by all means. Although we are not talking about using these for our League of Legends events.

Last edited:

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I would not play this game on anything less than a Titan X or 980, and will not suggest playing without anything less than a 970. Just my honest thoughts the matter.
although ive always beeen (and probably always will be) an Nvidia man, right now i would say the card of choice is the r9-290x, the performance is right on par with the GTX Titan and it costs half as much

Before anyone starts, yes im obviously aware that AMD cards can be a bit of a lottery, im just saying bang for buck is much better atm

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
I would not play this game on anything less than a Titan X or 980, and will not suggest playing without anything less than a 970. Just my honest thoughts the matter.
If I had my way I'd be running quad SLI Titans with a pair of Xeons and 64GB ram ;)

I'd really rather be playing on a 980, but the 750ti is in my price range, and it's working fine for the time being.

Last edited:

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
So, I bought a gigabyte geforce 960 oc to 1279mhz with 2gbytes of VRAM and haven't had any problems playing Arena Commander so far. The card cost $200 and I figured it would hold me over when Star Citizen comes out in a year or 2. By then, I expect today's cards to be really obsolete and I can splurge on something kick ass. I've been playing on the highest graphics setting with one 1080p monitor but when I switch to the lower settings, I really don't see any real difference. I've kept it up at the higher graphics settings because maybe I'd be missing out on something I hadn't noticed. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Forgot your password?