So... Concept sale...

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Post your speculations here! All we know is that it's gonna have three variants.

My guess is RSI. They really need a new ship. If not RSI, then MISC or yet another Aegis ship (would make sense since this is coming out right after the 100i).

I've also heard some conspiracy theories that it's gonna be a 200i, since the 100i just came out. I hope that's BS, I'm not an Origin fan. I love industrial, rough and tough ships.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Post your speculations here! All we know is that it's gonna have three variants.

My guess is RSI. They really need a new ship. If not RSI, then MISC or yet another Aegis ship (would make sense since this is coming out right after the 100i).

I've also heard some conspiracy theories that it's gonna be a 200i, since the 100i just came out. I hope that's BS, I'm not an Origin fan. I love industrial, rough and tough ships.
concept sale? Where did you hear of this?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I heard about there being a new concept coming up through a Twitch stream, but it wasn't directly from RSI. I haven't gotten anything hinting towards this from being a Concierge member or seen anything in their vids. So I have no idea where this information of yours is coming from @SullyQuindarius even though I'm clearly intrigued.

Reactions: GinjaNinja

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
A single person starter salvage ship is supposedly in planning currently. Due to a vote a few months back by the community it will be a Drake Ship.
It's not gonna be the starter salvage though, because the little ATV preview mentioned "three new additions to the Verse". So it's gonna be a ship/vehicle with multiple variants.

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
My guess is the RSI freelancer/cutlass competitor. It's the only thing I could think would have 3x variants.
Boi I hope you are right! Love the Freelancer and Cutlass so much in terms of capabilities, but i've never liked their design that much. If what you say is true, my Freelancer package might only have around 6 hours to live.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
While I don't expect it, I will hold out hope for an Aegis gunboat the size of the Redeemer. I still think it odd they had so much work done on that excellent design and set it aside after having sold it to the folks. While there is room for improvement there, especially needing bigger guns, that is a fun-sized ship with several unique features and it would benefit hugely if there were three variants, especially since it is cramped and you can't just add stuff like cargo and extended range to it.

But they said three new variants, so not much hope for the Redeemer. A Drake salvage ship seems too much like the Vulcan, but could be a good guess.

Could they go wild? I am still hoping for a king-sized version of the Reliant. That variable geometry would just be so cool in a larger ship. Something Connie sized?

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I remember them saying they were starting to focus on more job oriented ships and cutting back on the combat focused ones. Racing, building, mining, salvaging, fueling, re-arming, surveying, repairing, hauling, science, agriculture... With the Aegis Vulcan being the starter ship for repair, refuel and re-arm, we could expect a mid tier ship for all three of those roles as well. Salvage still needs to be touched on, so if any of the ships focused on the roles I just mentioned are drone based, you could reasonably expect them to contain cargo modules, refineries, salvage grinders, as well as a drone loadout station for that multi roll ability. We also have to take into consideration the amount of rescue / hospital ships in the game. Endeavor and cutlass red. We might see another ship with the SAR / CSAR roll, or flying hospital roll. I would also anticipate a companion ship to the pioneer as that in itself is a whole new mechanic. It could be anything really, but this is where I'm taking the theorycrafting :)

Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
They said they were going to be releasing more civillian type ships, so I think we may finally see that Banu livestock insemination schooner that I have been waiting for.
Well, if they don't come out with that for you my friend, you can always modify the shop stalls in a BMM to work like reverse glory hole rooms where you have holes on multiple walls that lead to multiple rooms where somebody different is there to satisfy.

Forgot your password?