So I came up with a idea...

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So I came up with a idea for SC Arena commander, a change in Free Flight module that would give new players a better smother experience getting to know their new ship without repercussion if you screw up and for old players to have a place where they can practice, test, configure keybindings and all can be done in peace and not effect the persistence.... You'd get a place where you can crash your heart out until you get it right just respawn and try again... etc... etc..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/61894/thread/free-flight-arena-commander

So if you like my idea here please give it a up vote CHEERS! :beers::beers::beer::beer::beers::beer:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Good thinking! Even a small planet with nothing happening on it would surely be a good example of how big the game is meant to be for new players. Maybe just a tiny moon to land on, maybe with a little shooting range base to test first person weapons, or maybe just some broken noodle vending machines. Would be a hit on the free flight weekends, I bet.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I am still waiting for the Tutorial to come back... I came in at the end of 2.4 / beginning of 2.5 so didn't have the benefit of the game telling me how stuff works.

The pop-up hints are a step in the right direction but it's still not a strict tutorial sitting me down and saying "Press this button see what it does" without accepting every single other button input (You've been there, you hammer the W key but are actually pressing E and start spinning).

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm all for safe spaces where you can crash your ship.
Yeah! wouldn't it be just great to be able to crash your heart out a day when things not turned out as planed and no repercussion.
Just smash things up for a bit ha ha ha ha... :joy::joy::joy:

Great idea.
UPVOTED.
Thank you :slight_smile: :beers::beer:

Awesome thank you :beer::beers:

Good thinking! Even a small planet with nothing happening on it would surely be a good example of how big the game is meant to be for new players. Maybe just a tiny moon to land on, maybe with a little shooting range base to test first person weapons, or maybe just some broken noodle vending machines. Would be a hit on the free flight weekends, I bet.
Just what I thought to give you a chance to really try shit out and you can do it in a secure environment with friend invited in group or on ya lonesome a great place to come up with new ways to crash and not pay the bill for it ha ha :beer::beers::beer:

Woohoo!! :beer::beers: Thank you

I am still waiting for the Tutorial to come back... I came in at the end of 2.4 / beginning of 2.5 so didn't have the benefit of the game telling me how stuff works.

The pop-up hints are a step in the right direction but it's still not a strict tutorial sitting me down and saying "Press this button see what it does" without accepting every single other button input (You've been there, you hammer the W key but are actually pressing E and start spinning).
Well with a area like this you wouldn't need much of tutorial except the hints popup might be more interactive in this area but either way a place where you could figure it out I think would make a world of difference for a new backer.
And we could us it for so much more too.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::beers::beer::beers:

VOTE ALL THE THINGS!
Yes yes yes... You sir have the right idea :beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers: Thank you :beers:

CHEERS! all thank you for support on my idea.. ( spread it around see if we cant get more to vote for it ) :beers::beers::beer::beer::beers:

Forgot your password?