So I melted my Prospector and got a Mole.

Alia_and_Gotin

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 1, 2020
RSI Handle
Alia Traprunner
Think I'll have me a borrow of one during the Expo and see how I like it. I can CCU one of my LTI tubs i'm not using, feels like a lotta clams for something I may or may not mesh with 🙂

I know I can rent in the 'Verse but I 'aint got time in my life to drag my ass all the way across the system again, it's only by her wonderful good grace Mrs. BobFace is letting me waste time attending the IAE when I gots all this other stuff to be getting on with :-D

One question, what happens when you hit a ship with that size one mining lazor? Just curious...

The size one will cut a ship in half fast once the shields fail, but the range is short, the size 2s of the mole can cut a Connie in half in less than 3 seconds if your amazing pilot (points at Gotin) can get your big fat ass close enough to the Connie......:D

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The size one will cut a ship in half fast once the shields fail, but the range is short, the size 2s of the mole can cut a Connie in half in less than 3 seconds if your amazing pilot (points at Gotin) can get your big fat ass close enough to the Connie......:D
That's cool! Thanks for the info. Now, to think about busting rocks rather than heads...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Oh yeah, I haven't tried that this patch, but in 3.10 it was definitely viable. No need to be good with a gun with mining lasers at close range. The Prospector has a glass ass though. A shot to the rear of the ship can be fatal. if you're approached at all you need to turn. Or hope they miss. The MOLE is able to take a huge amount of damage in comparison.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Oh yeah, I haven't tried that this patch, but in 3.10 it was definitely viable. No need to be good with a gun with mining lasers at close range. The Prospector has a glass ass though. A shot to the rear of the ship can be fatal. if you're approached at all you need to turn. Or hope they miss. The MOLE is able to take a huge amount of damage in comparison.
Turn in a Prospector???
That thing turn like a fully loaded outback car, on ice, while driving with only the rims and no tyres....

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Turn in a Prospector???
That thing turn like a fully loaded outback car, on ice, while driving with only the rims and no tyres....
Sounds like they built this thing with me in mind.

Dev: "How can we make sure TEST Weapons Research Lab can't use this for the lolz?"
John Crewe: "Do you remember how the Cutlass used to fly before the Rework?"
Dev: "Yeah?"
John Crewe: "That, but in reverse, and double it... and make it explodier too."

And a peaceful mining ship was born.

Reactions: Vavrik

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
Carbon Mole is a looker, shame it goes silly money over a paint job. Wonder if CI will ever allow custom paint, i did hear some dev mentioning it.

Forgot your password?