So where is "master modes?"

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
3.19 seemed a bit ambitious to me, though they did appear to be pretty much done for Citizen Con, appearances never tell the real tale.
Hence the 'tentatively'. Salvage was tentatively planned to be implemented, what, around five years ago?
To be clear, I was not stating belief one way or the other on Master Mode successfully being implemented in a relatively complete state by 3.19.x, just indicating that it has been my understanding that CIG has been targeting 3.19.x for release ever since they announced it.
On the plus side, all the past flight models were designed around 'being fun' for a specific set of ships in SQ42 then shoehorned all other ships into it with little to no consideration on the impact, but from the comments from the CIG DEVs on Master Mode in Spectrum, it seems like they're actually keeping in mind that SC has far more ships in it than SQ42 that need to be properly accounted for. Whether they see it through to get to some sort of reasonable compromise of a balance that most people can find acceptable and enjoyment with or they'll just ultimately throw their hands up in defeat, implement it in a patchwork state that is wonderful for some but horrible for others, while promising, yet again, to revisit, rebalance, and rework it after features x, y, z, a1, a2, etc. have been implemented...well, time will tell.

Reactions: Bambooza

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Hence the 'tentatively'. Salvage was tentatively planned to be implemented, what, around five years ago?
To be clear, I was not stating belief one way or the other on Master Mode successfully being implemented in a relatively complete state by 3.19.x, just indicating that it has been my understanding that CIG has been targeting 3.19.x for release ever since they announced it.
On the plus side, all the past flight models were designed around 'being fun' for a specific set of ships in SQ42 then shoehorned all other ships into it with little to no consideration on the impact, but from the comments from the CIG DEVs on Master Mode in Spectrum, it seems like they're actually keeping in mind that SC has far more ships in it than SQ42 that need to be properly accounted for. Whether they see it through to get to some sort of reasonable compromise of a balance that most people can find acceptable and enjoyment with or they'll just ultimately throw their hands up in defeat, implement it in a patchwork state that is wonderful for some but horrible for others, while promising, yet again, to revisit, rebalance, and rework it after features x, y, z, a1, a2, etc. have been implemented...well, time will tell.
Answer the call was when?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
And it'll be ready in 2 years.
As soon as that? 🤔

Set not your life by the ticking of the clock, the passing of the days of a calendar or the shifting of the seasons. Enjoy every day as it comes and every moment as it is and yae, ye may find peace and glad tidings. :glorious:

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
As soon as that? 🤔

Set not your life by the ticking of the clock, the passing of the days of a calendar or the shifting of the seasons. Enjoy every day as it comes and every moment as it is and yae, ye may find peace and glad tidings. :glorious:
What's always coming but never arrives? Tomorrow, or in this case 2 years.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Wait, I'm not discussing this at a Bar Citizen across a table?

I suppose that was an alcohol deprivation induced mirage. I guess I need to break out the Rum!
I would enjoy the opportunity to sit at a table drinking beers and discussing all of this in detail with the lot of ya.

Reactions: Richard Bong

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
It's also possibly waiting for ship armor to become meaningful, to allow a degree of protection while the shields are offline as well.
Keep in mind that armor is already partially emulated by the very varied hull point values assigned the ships. When we move to armor, those hull values will be broken down to armor on specific locations that once pierced, allow weapons to damage specific components instead of going into a general damage pool for a section of hull. No doubt the entire ship’s armor value will be greater than the current hull value, but armor failures at any specific point will happen earlier, most especially when taking hits from heavy ballistics like S4 gattlings (Revenant), cannons and of course the Sledge. Even S1 Sledge hits will likely pierce any local armor and destroy whatever is in its path afterward.

Forgot your password?