[solved]Star Citizen keeps crashing every time I load into the verse

kerriban

Ensign
Oct 14, 2023
RSI Handle
col jaffy
can anyone please add me to their friend list I cant acess the game stuck in character cusomize last attemt is to acess the game from the friend list then I will just give up it is a fail been far too much effort so far and no fixes work I have tried them all soo any help would be kind

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
can anyone please add me to their friend list I cant acess the game stuck in character cusomize last attemt is to acess the game from the friend list then I will just give up it is a fail been far too much effort so far and no fixes work I have tried them all soo any help would be kind
Have you tried asking on Discord yet? Join the discord ;) https://discord.testsquadron.com/

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Have you tried asking on Discord yet? Join the discord ;) https://discord.testsquadron.com/
its been a pretty poor response on discord (I have the exact same problem), i went on there to ask for assistance four times this last week and only one person was willing. The others were either rude, didn't respond or immediately left the channel. I also messaged folks who were in game from the discord only to be ignored. Montoya had spoken about getting folks onto discord in another thread. He said it is a huge barrier to getting folks involved in the guild. On this occasion and my previous attempts (over my time in test) its always been a frosty and unwelcoming experience. I would argue that its not getting folks on discord but having them stay is the real issue. I persisted a few times on this occasion as i had an issue to solve. The issue still persists and i cant log on without joining a 'friend' but most of the support came from folks when i asked in game, not the guild and i didn't get treated like the arsehole for asking folks in game.

Looking at discord you can see that demand for access is very high but nobody sticks around. i would argue that you only have one chance with a new player and its being blown.

Last edited:

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
its been a pretty poor response on discord (I have the exact same problem), i went on there to ask for assistance four times this last week and only one person was willing. The others were either rude, didn't respond or immediately left the channel. I also messaged folks who were in game from the discord only to be ignored. Montoya had spoken about getting folks onto discord in another thread. He said it is a huge barrier to getting folks involved in the guild. On this occasion and my previous attempts (over my time in test) its always been a frosty and unwelcoming experience. I would argue that its not getting folks on discord but having them stay is the real issue. I persisted a few times on this occasion as i had an issue to solve. The issue still persists and i cant log on without joining a 'friend' but most of the support came from folks when i asked in game, not the guild and i didn't get treated like the arsehole for asking folks in game.

Looking at discord you can see that demand for access is very high but nobody sticks around. i would argue that you only have one chance with a new player and its being blown.
Looking at your discord history, I assume you mean you joined a voice channel to ask people to solve a tech problem?
Yeah that won't work, most of the time =)

You will have to type it out so people can think about it in their own time in ie. #general-assistance , not during playing the actual game themselves, which most people are doing when they are in voice.
Just creating a help post here on the forum will most likely also get you more help.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Looking at your discord history, I assume you mean you joined a voice channel to ask people to solve a tech problem?
Yeah that won't work, most of the time =)

You will have to type it out so people can think about it in their own time in ie. #general-assistance , not during playing the actual game themselves, which most people are doing when they are in voice.
Just creating a help post here on the forum will most likely also get you more help.
I asked folks if I could add them as a friend so I could play the game. Pretty simple problem and solution.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
I asked folks if I could add them as a friend so I could play the game. Pretty simple problem and solution.
Owh.. yeah.. that is kinda weird tbh. I almost never go in voice -well not for the last 3 years, and not much before that, but I have never had an issue in voice- so I have no clue really what goes on nowadays tbh.

It could be an actual issue with the people in voice but if you've had this 4 times.. I dunno, I am thinking an approach problem maybe? Are you asking nicely? Are you drunk while doing it? Are you joining a voice channel and they are mid epic space battle and asking them? I dunno.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Owh.. yeah.. that is kinda weird tbh. I almost never go in voice -well not for the last 3 years, and not much before that, but I have never had an issue in voice- so I have no clue really what goes on nowadays tbh.

It could be an actual issue with the people in voice but if you've had this 4 times.. I dunno, I am thinking an approach problem maybe? Are you asking nicely? Are you drunk while doing it? Are you joining a voice channel and they are mid epic space battle and asking them? I dunno.
Unfortunately none of those are applicable, would be easy to solve if they were. I play a lot of games online with this being the only one where I don't bother with disc.

• Thump
Reactions: mindfart

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Unfortunately none of those are applicable, would be easy to solve if they were. I play a lot of games online with this being the only one where I don't bother with disc.
Maybe you interrupted some kind of sinister Metagame nonsense where there was a plot to interfere with the glory of test and you inadvertently saved the org, with the spais thinking they were oh so smart using Org resources to cause nonsense.... Until you walked in the room revealing them to be nothing but Dereks.

Right place, right time and you'd never know - like walking into a store moments before a dude was going to rob the place and putting them off.

I don't discord because who has time for an I RL conversation let alone an interwebs one.

• Glorious
Reactions: mindfart
Forgot your password?