Some Youtube comment Hall of Fame

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
The weirdest thing for me is how angry some of these people are.

I can't imagine writing angry internet comments about a game I am not interested in. These people have serious emotional issues.
I guess these fall in the category 'angry ex' they probably backed the game and ragequit at some point, and now hold a grudge towards the project. Or they religiously follow someone on social media or something who is butthurt.

Anyhoo, 'y u hef to be med, is only a game'

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I guess these fall in the category 'angry ex' they probably backed the game and ragequit at some point, and now hold a grudge towards the project. Or they religiously follow someone on social media or something who is butthurt.

Anyhoo, 'y u hef to be med, is only a game'
A very large percentage of Eve players truly hate Star Citizen out of fear.

They're afraid it will kill their beloved spreadsheet simulator.

I keep telling them that, unlike Eve, Star Citizen will require actual skill and presence at the keyboard to play, thus only a tiny percentage of Eve players will even qualify for it, yet their irrational fear persists.

I'm sure there are other games like that. And those people cry to their friends, who cry to their friends, and likely the vast majority of haters out there know nothing except what they've heard from their ignorant friends, which doesn't stop them from spewing that hatred themselves wherever they go.

#fakenews

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
The one that confuses me is the ever present argument that 1's and 0's have no value. Therefore any purchase of digital items is nothing more than a complete waste of money. We are all just being conned and scammed out of our money by every developer to offer such goods.

Even if we completely ignore the deeply philosophical (but true) statement that nothing is real and everything is just our brain interpreting electrical impulses, we still have the fact that the 8+ billion dollar gaming industry quite clearly states that 1's and 0's actually do have value. When it all comes down to it, you can achieve just as much fun from a digital purchase as you can with a real world one. You can show it off to your peers just like a real world purchase. You can illicit envy just like a physical purchase. You can even resell it for real money, just like you can with something you bought from a real store.

So while it's true that these purchases don't really exist in a physical sense, the feelings and sensations they bring are very much real. The enjoyment they facilitate and the fun memories they help create stick with you just like any other. That's what it's really all about, isn't it? That's the whole goal, to generate as many happy memories as we can before it's over. When it's all tallied up, is there really a difference between the happy memories of a owning sports car vs the happy memories of owning an idris?

Honestly, from my perspective as a gamer, it seems like an Idris would be a much wiser investment. I could spend $50,000 on a sports car that I would rarely drive. Even then, I couldn't drive it the way I wanted without risking the loss of my driver's license. Or, I could spend $1,500 and generate hours/weeks/months/years of fond memories full of shenanigans with friends.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Even if we completely ignore the deeply philosophical (but true) statement that nothing is real and everything is just our brain interpreting electrical impulses, we still have the fact that the 8+ billion dollar gaming industry quite clearly states that 1's and 0's actually do have value.
Completely agree!
Everyone's bank account is also just 1's and 0's. And also.. crypto currency? hehe even more so.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Just keyboard warriors as usual, to hell with them.

Let them go play their games and waste time watching videos about something they don't even like.

Now since I hate coronation Street I'm going to watch videos about it and post some angry comments because you know... That's a logical thing to me(not!)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I am so angry that I feel I must angrily comment on some youtube videos.

I think I may hit up angrygamers comment section as at least he can't complain at me for being angry! Pot calling kettle black and all that!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well thats just, like... their opinion, man.

Dude.gif

Even if it's ignorant, sweary and willfully uninformed.

They are about as entitled to tell you it as they would be to tell you that in person on the high-street: not very.

If they get shirty that you chose to share their kind words on the forum? If they didn't want it shared, they shouldn't have shared it with you in the first place :)

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
The weirdest thing for me is how angry some of these people are.

I can't imagine writing angry internet comments about a game I am not interested in. These people have serious emotional issues.
Those are the future leaders of our country in 20 to 30 years..... .... we're fucked.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
But... the emotional fragility is mind boggling.

It's like.. did none of these kids get a good ass whooping in grade school?
Shit... I whooped and got whooped... it's part of growing up as a decent human.. get a good ego crusher once in a while to set you straight as a person.

This kids are growing up without any ego crushing experiences that are worth anything.... the future is in trouble.... serious trouble.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The mental gymnastics of those people must look at The Matrix & think that it was their way of embracing "The Real", while in reality, they fail to grasp the truth about how their self importance is like a certain spoon.

Reminds me of SJW snowflakes. May they all get super drunk on high proof alcohol & then see if their vapes trigger spontaneous snowflake combustion. I doubt it would happen, but either way, while their drunk, they might be more fun to hang out with.

A very large percentage of Eve players truly hate Star Citizen out of fear.

I keep telling them that, unlike Eve, Star Citizen will require actual skill and presence at the keyboard to play, thus only a tiny percentage of Eve players will even qualify for it, yet their irrational fear persists.
I'm guessing that they are afraid that their Chinese made bots won't be able to farm them a fortune of in game currency for them because actual players with skill with kill their mindless bots, take their products & make fortunes off of them by farming their bots ourselves.

Or they just have inadequacy issues because they know they won't measure up in 1 manner or another.

I'm sure there are other games like that. And those people cry to their friends, who cry to their friends, and likely the vast majority of haters out there know nothing except what they've heard from their ignorant friends, which doesn't stop them from spewing that hatred themselves wherever they go.

#fakenews
Now they remind me of Antifa snowflakes. Clearly their parents failed to teach them to not eat yellow snow where there is a group of homeless people near by.

They are about as entitled to tell you it as they would be to tell you that in person on the high-street: not very.
The only thing that they should be entitled to is a harsh dose of reality.

Those are the future leaders of our country in 20 to 30 years..... .... we're fucked.
Sad but all too true.

Said every generation ever!

And they were all right! :smile:
Makes me wonder just how the founding members of all of the greatest civilization will be saying this as well wherever they're at.

But... the emotional fragility is mind boggling.
It's like.. did none of these kids get a good ass whooping in grade school?
Shit... I whooped and got whooped... it's part of growing up as a decent human.. get a good ego crusher once in a while to set you straight as a person.
This kids are growing up without any ego crushing experiences that are worth anything.... the future is in trouble.... serious trouble.
That is a very astute observation.
I can't agree with you more @DirectorGunner & @Vavrik .

Forgot your password?