Some Youtube comment Hall of Fame

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I go to work and do my thing and at the end of the week they give me a bunch of pieces paper with 1's and 0's printed on them. I then give those pieces of paper to people who sit on a computer typing all week and they let me get in the spaceship I picked out and travel around space and EVA and shoot stuff and just generally live out that fantasy I've had since Privateer came out in 1993. What is the matter with these haters? Am I supposed to give the money to Greenpeace or buy shoes for homeless people? Why are they so angry about how I spend my 1's and 0's? Would they rather I go to the movies or buy an ice cream cone?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Those are the future leaders of our country in 20 to 30 years..... .... we're fucked.
It's already happened:

Mhairi Black, a Scottish MP born in 1994 (Member of Parliament, the same as "Your local representative in the Senate") had her teenage tweets come back to haunt her no so long ago:

https://www.indy100.com/article/we-enjoyed-reading-mhairi-blacks-nsfw-tweets-as-a-teenager--xyvV8th3lb

She is a very good MP and still in the position despite the publicity.

Last edited:

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
The weirdest thing for me is how angry some of these people are.

I can't imagine writing angry internet comments about a game I am not interested in. These people have serious emotional issues.
That the same story since the human kind learned to kill each other: "you dont think like me so i have to kill you"

Our modern laws are ensuring those behaviours dont happen to often but on the internet everyone feel invicible behind there computer.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
When I encounter argumentative people in chats etc.., I usually try see it from their point.
Which usually is hopeless for in most cases it only contain some form of uncontrolled rage in lack of any logic.

But I gladly let them carry on for a wile then as gentle and respectful as I can interrupt them buy saying...

You are aware the you just spent a considerable part of your life totally dedicated to me so thank you for that.
I have to be very special for you to do that.

This is usually last time you see them around... (with some last insulting lines before they go)

:hugging::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The problem with the internet is, it's become a platform where people can say whatever they want, and don't suffer any consequences. They might be normal, level headed people, in person, but they have insecurities and fears so they take it out in places like YouTube comments. It makes them feel better about themselves.

What to do about it is pretty much what @Mich Angel said. Nothing. They don't deserve the time of day so don't bother. If you respond to them, they'll just dump on you.

But, if you've ever done this kind of thing, don't think what you say online is not connected to you. You are quite often, not nearly as anonymous as you think. In my work, I don't work in HR, but one of my responsibilities is to do candidate screening interviews. One of the things we use to screen is "What happens when I put that guy's name or e-mail address in a Google search?" We aren't the only organization that does this. So, it turns out you can be held accountable for the things you say, and the way you say them online.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
It's already happened:

Mhairi Black, a Scottish MP born in 1994 (Member of Parliament, the same as "Your local representative in the Senate") had her teenage tweets come back to haunt her no so long ago:

https://www.indy100.com/article/we-enjoyed-reading-mhairi-blacks-nsfw-tweets-as-a-teenager--xyvV8th3lb

lol, I remember as a kid being told stuff in school like, "This will go down in your permanent record!" and we just laughed because we knew it wouldn't even follow us on to the next school.

Now, there really is a permanent record...of everything! I think kids should be allowed to try different things out, figure out what works, realize later how egocentric & self-centered they were (hey, we all are at that age) and then move on. And we shouldn't really hold it against them.

The problem is trying to separate the physically & mentally 14 year olds from the physically 30+ but mentally 14 years old. And I'm not a big fan of people pouring hate on anything...

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Now, there really is a permanent record...of everything! I think kids should be allowed to try different things out, figure out what works, realize later how egocentric & self-centered they were (hey, we all are at that age) and then move on. And we shouldn't really hold it against them.
The problem with the internet is, it's become a platform where people can say whatever they want, and don't suffer any consequences. They might be normal, level headed people, in person, but they have insecurities and fears so they take it out in places like YouTube comments. It makes them feel better about themselves.

What to do about it is pretty much what @Mich Angel said. Nothing. They don't deserve the time of day so don't bother. If you respond to them, they'll just dump on you.

But, if you've ever done this kind of thing, don't think what you say online is not connected to you. You are quite often, not nearly as anonymous as you think. In my work, I don't work in HR, but one of my responsibilities is to do candidate screening interviews. One of the things we use to screen is "What happens when I put that guy's name or e-mail address in a Google search?" We aren't the only organization that does this. So, it turns out you can be held accountable for the things you say, and the way you say them online.
Have you ever really looked around you when you're driving anywhere in your car? The internet is kind of the same thing. You will see people openly picking their nose. You'll see them blatantly cut in line. You'll see rude gestures, crazy insults, and even other... lewder things. A friend of mine who drove a truck would usually catch at least one person per week rubbing one off in traffic...

These people would never do these things on a face to face basis. People don't scream at me when I'm walking down the road. People don't cut in line at the grocery store. You don't see people screaming at each other (not near as often anyway) and the only one with the balls enough to throw crazy insults my way is my wife.

That's because when people are in their car, or cruising around the internet, they feel that they are living in this safe little bubble. They couldn't be further from the truth. This is becoming particularly applicable on the internet. People jumped online with both feet and embraced the "anonymity" of the internet and it's various chat boards and social media outlets. They never stopped to realize that just about every single post, typed word, and video that ever hit the internet since the mid 90's... is still there.

The problem is, just like in a car, it's only an illusion of anonymity. You can easily find a person's entire history between public records and social sites. They're not even attempting to make it private, just like you can clearly see through a cars window. I mean honestly, at least try to keep your crazy hidden... People treat the interwebs like there are no rules and a place where they can say anything that crosses their mind without a filter. However, people should ALWAYS have a filter. Our thoughts don't work well without it.

So in that regard, I don't feel sorry for those people that don't get jobs because their potential employer looked them up. If they are dumb enough that they didn't realize that the stupid post on their public facebook account was a bad idea and delete it later, that's not the kind of employee I want to hire. If they have a post, under their real name, with a photo full of gang signs, racial slurs, bad wardrobe choices, talking about their illegitimate children and how all women are "ho's", I'm not going to give the resume a second thought (true story). I'm certainly not going to put them in the room with 7 figure doctorates and hope for the best.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The weirdest thing for me is how angry some of these people are.

I can't imagine writing angry internet comments about a game I am not interested in. These people have serious emotional issues.
Exactly this. How can anyone devote so much time to hate and ripping apart a project they care nothing about. The same thing has been happening to Noobifier recently. Just waves of hate and name calling.

I can't stress this enough: its a goddamned VIDEO GAME. If we chose to love it as a hobby, as our thing, that's awesome. But how can anyone spend so much time hating on something that they want nothing to do with? These fuckwardo's obviously have no lives whatsoever. It's really sad.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
It's already happened:

Those are bloody hilarious, though, so it's not too bad.
I'd vote for her, eh?

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Its anti-freudian behavior which is tied to the primal human instincts we all share. Society before the internet has repressed basic and dangerous human instincts which are now able to come to light in a theater of anonymity. Consciously or subconsciously there is something here that attacks the identity of each of these individuals. Their failure to obtain enough money (inadequacy) to spend on such ventures, tribalism guarding against a similar game that they see as a threat, the need to posture in the face of someone they perceive as weak and so on. This isn't just isolated to the individual however, one persons ideas will cascade down the ranks of those that identify with the negative and irrational emotions. People are interesting.

Forgot your password?